Author Topic: Please let us control our private keys  (Read 1430 times)

Offline brads

• View Profile
So I was able to import the private key to a newly created wallet but transaction broadcast failed again so I suppose it is a problem not in my wallet and I can wait for it to be resolved now I have the private key.

Offline brads

• View Profile
The option to export a private key is still missing, but it's planned to add it. In the meantime, you can do this:

In the javascript console of your browser type, when the wallet is unlocked

WalletDb.getPrivateKey(PublicKey.fromPublicKeyString("BTS...")).toWif()

Where BTS is your owner public key. This can be imported into the CLI wallet or another web wallet.

Edit: Credit to mindphlux for this post

Thanks a lot dude you saved my life !

This is working and I got a key for each account (a 51 characters long string). Can I expect by saving this 2 keys to have a way to recover my coins later ?

Offline phillyguy

You can also go to Dashboard > Settings > WALLETS > and export a wallet file that you can import into the light clients, another web wallet, same web wallet in a different browser, etc.

I did that for now and saved a copy on a removable drive, cloud storage of my choice, etc.

EDIT: Just don't be stupid and forget your password!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline well.attenuated

The option to export a private key is still missing, but it's planned to add it. In the meantime, you can do this:

In the javascript console of your browser type, when the wallet is unlocked

WalletDb.getPrivateKey(PublicKey.fromPublicKeyString("BTS...")).toWif()

Where BTS is your owner public key. This can be imported into the CLI wallet or another web wallet.

Edit: Credit to mindphlux for this post
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline brads

• View Profile
I have a problem with my wallet and I'm unable to look at my privates keys. I don't care the bugs for now if my BTS are safe but now I'm seriously starting to doubt. The only way to be sure all is right is to extract my privates keys from this binary wallet.