Author Topic: Bitshares 2.0 GUI - importing wallet from 0.9.3c does not work  (Read 2579 times)

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
OK I imported it (hopefully ;). So using Export function from GUI DOES NOT WORK. You must use console. Thanks for help. Message to developers: "NEVER GO FULL RETARD".

Offline JA

• View Profile
Please can you explain exactly how did you do it because when I'm supposed to send BitShares Wallet Backup.json file, I only get "BitShares Wallet Backup.json is an unrecognized format". Thanks.
1.) are you on windows, linux or mac?
2.) did you create your Backup.json via console or with the menu?

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
Please can you explain exactly how did you do it because when I'm supposed to send BitShares Wallet Backup.json file, I only get "BitShares Wallet Backup.json is an unrecognized format". Thanks.

Offline JA

• View Profile
did you export your keys via the console?
if not.....do this http://blog.smartcoin.pw/2015/09/bitshares-how-to-prepare-your-wallet.html

Also RESTORE BACKUP is for bts 2.0 backups created with bts 2.0.
and IMPORT KEYS is for bts 1.0 exported keys (via console.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 05:30:07 pm by jabbajabbaつ◕_◕つ »

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
Says something like backup file not recognized, and then if you try to import it, it crashes.
Come on guys, how ABNOMAL is that? It's the most basic function that MUST work flawlessly after the launch!!

It's even worse, now when I enter 2.0 GUI, I'm not presented with the same screen as on the first startup - so I can't even find where I can try again.
More, if my old account is preserved how can I access it, I'm just offered the option to create account.

Will somone explain how to import the old balance?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 05:34:42 pm by btcxyzzz »