Author Topic: mmc.xpool.xram.co - Closing  (Read 3975 times)

Offline Vasik

• View Profile
This might not be the right place to post this, but some person under the address of MSp2XeZBFvWYWnFPZqMWxvi58sjSy2qBVF is trying to connect to the XPM pool with a memorycoin address.

To that person: Could you please instead connect with an XPM address? Your connection attempts are stressing the pool server. Thank you.
It was me! I'm very very sorry about that. I think it was wrong portforwarding instruction on my side.
BTW, right now xpool.xram.co contains strings with "Run jhPrimeminer like this: jhPrimeminer -o http://dtc.xpool.xram.co:10036 -u <dtc address> -p x -t <cpu cores>"
So sometimes I just following this instructions with copypasted (and wrong?) poolname or poolport. Could you please be more specific  :-)
And once again, excuse me, sir. Long life XPOOL!

Offline itsraining

• View Profile
Where can I check my balance? I wasn't online over the holidays so I did not check it.
I pointed several Amazon Servers at this pool, so i guess I am supposed to receive something... which has not happened.
Could you please check into address: MFam41HW4ib31DMUHZbqxe6cHfe9GFwswZ   thx buddy

Offline KillerByte

• View Profile
So... I started investigating the balances in detail, and there was indeed a problem with them being too high... so the marked balances that were on the website are not what you will be payed. The server never had, nor mined the money to pay it. I think the balances were not being reset after payouts... to be specific.

So I have offically decided to do this:

The block that was last found by the pool is going to have its payouts refreshed. Those people who helped mine to the very end will be payed.

And as a result of the mess up, and additional 25MMC (or so) was added to be divided with the block. I hope this makes up for the trouble. This uses almsot all of the remaining money on the pool server.

...and here is the transaction ID:

6b2a6ea8580408053f61b95f37c8f06812a15a22a0ec27c5fa6bd3545f92641e

Offline gigamike

Do the remaining balance will be paid?

Goodluck for next projects :)

Mike

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
KillerByte thank you for your early support of the coin! Your very first pool was vital for MemoryCoin's success.

Good luck, man! We will miss you.

+1

Good luck with your other projects.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
Tbh, pity...

yvg1900
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline KillerByte

• View Profile
This might not be the right place to post this, but some person under the address of MSp2XeZBFvWYWnFPZqMWxvi58sjSy2qBVF is trying to connect to the XPM pool with a memorycoin address.

To that person: Could you please instead connect with an XPM address? Your connection attempts are stressing the pool server. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:52:26 am by KillerByte »

Offline belltown

• View Profile
KillerByte thank you for your early support of the coin! Your very first pool was vital for MemoryCoin's success.

Good luck, man! We will miss you.
How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6684

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
pity but good luck to your future projects, thx again for your community effort :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline s4l1h

• View Profile
I'm sorry :(

I wish  success for the other projects.

Offline KillerByte

• View Profile
hello all,

XRamPool has had many troubles since its initial launch. I have done much work to improve the pool over this time, but many problems still remain. Memorycoin has accomplished a wider variety of pools at this point... so I have decided to close XRamPool down.

Yes, payouts will be made. Sometime tomorrow, you should get the amount listed on the website.

The server will be taken down at 00:00 UTC on the 4th of January. It is my hope that we mine a block before then so that we can pay for our miners efforts over the last day or so of mining with no blocks found.

Now, I do not plan to be done with the community here - Eadword (my partner) and I have already started a new project which should involve Memorycoin to some degree, as well as many other cryptocurrencies. Keep an eye out for it :)

While XRamPool MMC is closing, our XPM (http://xpool.xram.co/) and DTC (http://dtc.xpool.xram.co) pools will remain fully operational. If you liked XRamPool, consider joining them. As always, we are constantly working to improve the pool software.

Also, I have decided that the source code will not be shared with anyone. It will remain completely closed. I am sorry if this dissapoints anyone :)

If there are any other questions regarding the closure of XRamPool MMC, please do not hesitate to post on this thread.