Author Topic: export from gui to console cli  (Read 2565 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Go to permission page and you can see key icons next to your public keys. Copy them and in the cli wallet, run import_key.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I created additional accounts from my main account in the gui wallet so if i import from 1.0 they will be missing and i would still need to extract the private keys from 2.0 gui

Try this link: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19048.msg245319.html#msg245319
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline ByronP

• View Profile
I created additional accounts from my main account in the gui wallet so if i import from 1.0 they will be missing and i would still need to extract the private keys from 2.0 gui

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

if you import your 0.9 backup into the CLI your balance will be there.

I was only able to partially import my wallet into the openledger.. and for one account I claimed a balance there.

Later I got to import my entire wallet into my own full node from my 0.9 backup.. it inlcuded the one account that had already been imported into openledger.

The only difference was when I attampted to claim the balance nothing showed.. because I had already done that in open ledger.. BUT.. my balance was all there and accessible in the CLI... whatever wallet you are using your funds are in the blockchain, not your wallet... it's just the auth to access the funds.

Give it a try.. afterwards run some transactions from CLI and see how it goes.

Hope this helps.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline ByronP

• View Profile
so after much digging i see that the only option I can find is to make a decrypter for the bin files from the gui wallet backup. Has anyone looked at the code and see what is being done or anyone want to work with me on this?

Offline ByronP

• View Profile
There has to be a way to at least get the private keys unencrypted then I could at least import them one at a time

Offline ByronP

• View Profile
Need new accounts from gui wallet :-(

Offline edilliam

Can you import the .json file to the cli wallet that you exported from 0.9.3c? Or do you specifically need some new accounts you set up on the new web wallet?

Edit: Actually ignore that, if you have already claimed the balances on a new account then you won't be able to claim them again...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:34:50 pm by edilliam »

Offline ByronP

• View Profile
I tried that the cli can't seem to read the backup created by the gui

Offline edilliam

Offline ByronP

• View Profile
i'm stuck i have my accounts in the gui now i need to transfer them into my cli wallet. Anyone know how to import a gui backup into cli or export the key to wif?