Author Topic: fix win bts0.9.3c GUI export bug&combine bts2.0 Genesis file  (Read 5036 times)

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
hi
 l m also having problems with 0.9.3 c now ,it allows me to log in and run several minutes then it logs out itself without syncing 100%
any help?

Regards

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
Most open source projects, elementary, missing quality, even in common scenario, or in developers language I'm calling that as "positive scenario". When your program works if everything is done as expected.
Usually there are only few positive scenarios, and usually they are developed first and working first.

This project started good, but now I see that you can't even complete the  "positive scenario" of migration.
I'm afraid from only thinking about all the "negative scenarios", which exists infinitely much more than positives (they can heat hard even well organized company/project!), it does not looks like you are ready to this, it looks like you failed in very basic step of creating "working user-friendly product".

The main problem of such projects(why they do fail), because open source developers do not recognize the level of responsibility they do have, once they started to develop the end user application. They think server/c++/java/problem/solution..., while they should think like user thinks. Before releasing anything to public, imagine that somebody's grandmother will use it, not you.

This is my statement, as developer and technical leader in some company.

Currently, I'm leaving any attempts to restore my wallet, I'm waiting for single click solution.
Only if you success to provide it, the project will have a chance to live...(and its not because of me).

+5% +5% +5%

Offline jenkas

• View Profile
Most open source projects, elementary, missing quality, even in common scenario, or in developers language I'm calling that as "positive scenario". When your program works if everything is done as expected.
Usually there are only few positive scenarios, and usually they are developed first and working first.

This project started good, but now I see that you can't even complete the  "positive scenario" of migration.
I'm afraid from only thinking about all the "negative scenarios", which exists infinitely much more than positives (they can heat hard even well organized company/project!), it does not looks like you are ready to this, it looks like you failed in very basic step of creating "working user-friendly product".

The main problem of such projects(why they do fail), because open source developers do not recognize the level of responsibility they do have, once they started to develop the end user application. They think server/c++/java/problem/solution..., while they should think like user thinks. Before releasing anything to public, imagine that somebody's grandmother will use it, not you.

This is my statement, as developer and technical leader in some company.

Currently, I'm leaving any attempts to restore my wallet, I'm waiting for single click solution.
Only if you success to provide it, the project will have a chance to live...(and its not because of me).

Offline youlonghun

• View Profile

Offline Methodise

want more user? why not  resolve the bts0.9.x&titan  large keys import problem??????
This ! There is a lot of users frustrated because they can't access their funds.

It should be a priority.

I'm not even speaking about the ones who lost money because they couldn't add collateral to their shorts (I'm part of them), the ones with a project waiting to start it (I'm part of them), the ones who have bought BTS for others before the 2.0 because it was easier than create them an 1.0 account and are waiting to give them back (I'm part of them), the ones who want to start to trade, ... I'm sure the list is longer than that. All this frustration is not good at all for our image.

There should be at least an official communication on that to reassure people, letting know that it's a work in progress and there will be soon a fix to the bug. All of that with a daily update on the progress.

We are aware of the issue that some people are having with importing their wallet.   These are the same people that have had trouble in the past and generated way to many keys in an attempt to find missing balances in the past.

James is actively working on optimizing the import process for these people.   

Everyone has their own "priorities" and right now we have a lot on our plate.   

Those who are having trouble importing right now will be taken care of, for now we request some patience as we work through other priority issues.

thank you for that update. It is great to hear that the team is working on the problem!

+5%
BTS: methodise

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

want more user? why not  resolve the bts0.9.x&titan  large keys import problem??????
This ! There is a lot of users frustrated because they can't access their funds.

It should be a priority.

I'm not even speaking about the ones who lost money because they couldn't add collateral to their shorts (I'm part of them), the ones with a project waiting to start it (I'm part of them), the ones who have bought BTS for others before the 2.0 because it was easier than create them an 1.0 account and are waiting to give them back (I'm part of them), the ones who want to start to trade, ... I'm sure the list is longer than that. All this frustration is not good at all for our image.

There should be at least an official communication on that to reassure people, letting know that it's a work in progress and there will be soon a fix to the bug. All of that with a daily update on the progress.

We are aware of the issue that some people are having with importing their wallet.   These are the same people that have had trouble in the past and generated way to many keys in an attempt to find missing balances in the past.

Those who are having trouble importing right now will be taken care of, for now we request some patience as we work through other priority issues.

thank you for that update. It is great to hear that the team is working on the problem!

+5%

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210

It should be a priority.

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline EstefanTT

That's great news !

There is no doubt you have higher priorities than that bug. I didn't wanted to mean otherwise.

It's a small bug after all.

The fact is I saw lots of members here with the same problem and anyone seemed to officially answer their distress. I thought that it was important for them (and me) to know that it was taking care of.

Thanks for the clarity of your answer.

I will redirect to this post when I see people asking about it on other threads.

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline bytemaster

It should be a priority.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline EstefanTT

It should be a priority.

Offline sudo

• View Profile

Offline sudo

• View Profile

Offline sudo

• View Profile

Offline EstefanTT

Is that the way to be able to import in the windows light client ?

I'm still stuck between 1.0 y 2.0 enable to do anything ...

I tried twice to import without success. The 2nd time I let it import on a powerful computer during about 70 hours.

I heard that a fix for that specific bug was beeing build ? Any info on that ?