Author Topic: FMV will be going to WEB SUMMIT 2015! !  (Read 10795 times)

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
Wow this looks amazing! By far the greatest exposure for our community ever.

What FollowMyVote is doing is so important not just for Bitshares but for the world. Great job team. Be sure to document the trip for us. It would be great to get an inside view of your experience there.

Safe travels.

Offline Pheonike

Geez, is it that hard to understand?? He's saying now that Dan and team have finished the major work on Graphene/BTS 2.0, they(Dan/Crytonomex) can start putting more development attention to the FMV project

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Not their fault.
BitShares 2.0 kept the whole dev team tied up till mid summer.
They are finally getting top quality dev attention.

Give me a break... pinkie

In what would is Adam a dev?

Who said anything about Adam?

So FMV staff spent their time developing BitShares 2.0 and postponed their own project? I'm cool with that  +5%

I agree Tony might be too agressive sometimes but that doesn't make him less right.

It's the same old stuff of promises and no deliver or whatever. As I see it, there should be no problem. Problem is created when people expect too much and that might be because of some lack of communication and due to project management decisions. For example, I think FMV could have stated they would be working almost full time on 2.0 instead on their own project (if they did then I'm sorry I missed that info, even though I think I recall someone mentioning something about that but I barely remember). Another thing is the start of multiple projects at the same time and splitting precious and scarce resources like manpower we don't have. Everyone's free to do what they want but maybe it's better sometimes to wait some more time and build a solid foundation we can later use to work on, which it seems is what FMV did by helping BitShares, however the fact FMV was advertised probably has people expecting something that won't happen in the near future and to avoid that it would be much easy to simply "shutdown" the project for now. Build a super awesome platform. Then go back to that project and build something even more awesome and in an easier way because you already have the foundations.

So the problem I see here is the fact FMV exists can make people expect something that won't be delivered anytime soon. They're doing the right thing by helping 2.0. It's just the fact that FMV is being advertise and leads people to think something is being worked on when it isn't. Or if it is, it shouldn't at this time as the priority is the 2.0 foundation (assuming FMV will work on the same chain). In short, they're doing the right thing but not in the right (or best) way  :P but that's my opinion only.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:59:02 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Come now Antonio... speak not such tempestuous redacted euphemisms.  :D

*scapes* video ????

unprecedented....surprising...truly astonishing [and unexpected at least from me] achievement...

unfortunately, she believes now she has face to talk shit...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:27:38 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Come now Antonio... speak not such tempestuous redacted euphemisms.  :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Not their fault.

Faces of projects and stuff ... and you saying they are (busy) developing.

What have you been doing lately? I honestly don't know. I mean, I'm curious about FMV, but you've been working on your project and still haven't show any working stuff, even if it's in a very rough state. I understand if you don't want to show anything yet but see this from an outsider's point of view. They know someone is working on this since couple years if I'm not mistaken, but we are yet to see anything related to this. Unless we are already using something on BTS developed by you guys?

Didnt you show and promote this to the Pirate Party? Didn't you want them to use this? So you have something functional? It's strange hearing about this for quite a while and not being able to put a "face" on it. Or maybe it's just me who missed something and in that case please point me to some direction.

Maybe my fault...I probably should have read it:
" the developers of the project are busy not so much the leaders of said projects."

What is you f*** point Stan?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 04:53:08 am by tonyk »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Not their fault.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline roadscape

Nathan Hourt is Co-Founder & CTO.. they must be up to something  :)
https://followmyvote.com/team/
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Not their fault.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Not their fault.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
What have you been doing lately? I honestly don't know. I mean, I'm curious about FMV, but you've been working on your project and still haven't show any working stuff, even if it's in a very rough state. I understand if you don't want to show anything yet but see this from an outsider's point of view. They know someone is working on this since couple years if I'm not mistaken, but we are yet to see anything related to this. Unless we are already using something on BTS developed by you guys?

Didnt you show and promote this to the Pirate Party? Didn't you want them to use this? So you have something functional? It's strange hearing about this for quite a while and not being able to put a "face" on it. Or maybe it's just me who missed something and in that case please point me to some direction.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Cooleo .. let's dring a beer together over there!
Looking forward to meeting you!