Author Topic: We cannot let a baby to earn money ,about high fee  (Read 5393 times)

jakub

Here is a radical idea, how about negative fees aka negative interest? This would function just like dividends would, so that people instead of paying a fee would get paid to make transactions?

Of course BTS 2.0 would have to operate at a deficit but at least we'd get the new users right? Even if they are bots?

A radical idea indeed, but how would you prevent gaming the system by spamming bots?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
In the first half of the year, I think we have to lower the charges, to get more customers

The level of fees is not the key

In the past year, our fees are very low, only 0.1bts, but we do not have the user

my good friend, According to your point of view

Should we be further reduced to 0.001bts? LoL:

It is naive and extremely wrong to attract the user's opinion by reducing the fees.   :P :P :P

This is because in the beginning there were dividends so the users had a reason to be users. There are on dividends now, so the way to buy new users now is with low fees.

Here is a radical idea, how about negative fees aka negative interest? This would function just like dividends would, so that people instead of paying a fee would get paid to make transactions?

Of course BTS 2.0 would have to operate at a deficit but at least we'd get the new users right? Even if they are bots?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Are all transactions equal or do some transactions contribute more to revenue than others?
If all transactions are not equal then insignificant transactions could boost the TPS artificially and ruin the metric.

That is why in my version of a similar idea I propose the metric be based around profitability statistics. TPS is based around resource utilization which does matter but it's not the only thing that matters and it can be possibly gamed by bots. It also could create an incentive for people to not want TPS to ever reach a high number?

Instead if it's based around profitability, and fees go down as BTS 2.0 becomes more profitable, there is incentive to make BTS 2.0 as profitable as we can as quickly as we can.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Moon

• View Profile
In the first half of the year, I think we have to lower the charges, to get more customers

In the past year, our fees are very low, only 0.1bts, but we do not have the user

It is naive and extremely wrong to attract the user's opinion by reducing the fees.   :P :P :P

wuyanren my godd friend,you are right,black bear  i agree
 +5% +5% +5%

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:19:56 am by BTS熊 »
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Tuck Fheman

+5%

Offline wallace

• View Profile
give me money, I will do...

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
Any amount, the cost of the transfer is the same, I think it is unreasonable

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
That is actually a very good idea IMHO .. having the fees increase linearily with the TPS +5%

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
There was a thread discuss transaction fee , why I open a new one ,  because this thread does not focus on if the fee high or low , it focus on when need low fee , when need high fee, and how to adjust it .
My core mind want to express is one sentence : we cannot let a baby to earn money.
I am an old man in this thread ,but today I want to introduce me more , I am a big fans of BTS, yes .
I am a big fans of bts, I think , I spend most of my spare time on this, help user resolve all kinds of wallet problem.
I manage a qq group in China include most of bts fans and active investor.
I hire a high speed vps in China run full node since bts launched to support bts user that network block by GWF, now supply a bts 2.0 API data source. ws://btaer.com:8090
as non-IT worker ,I learn nodejs and run a faucet website for user register from China till bts1.0 stop , help several hundreds of people to register account.
and I think many bts fans like me ,and do more thing than me .
back to main topic
Debating about fee is very violent, many people think fee is fit , but most of people from China think fee is high,
low fee make bts system cannot get profit  ,and also influence referral program ,but other people think high fee cannot attack new user.
I had a suggestion in the old thread , but I glad to emphasize it again , the purpose it make we focus on when charge high fee , when low fee is needed .
my suggestion is adjust fee according to average transaction per second (TPS)
we can select a term , such as 15 days as one months , adjust the fee according to TPS value
1. if TPS<=5.                   fee=2bts or $0.01
2. if 5<TPS<=10 ,             fee=4bts or $0.02
3. if 10<TPS<=20,            fee=6bts or $0.03
4. if 20<TPS<=40             fee=8bts or $0.04
5. if 40<TPS<=80             fee=10 bts or $0.05
6. if 80<TPS<=160           fee=12bts or $0.06
7. if 160 <TPS<320          fee=14bts or $0.07
8. if 320<TPS<=640         fee=16bts or $0.08
9.if 640 <TPS<=1280       fee=18bts or $0.09
10. if 1280<TPS<=2560  fee=20bts or $0.10
11. if TPS>2560                fee=40bts or $0.20

my core mind is "we cannot let a baby to earn money"
high fee supporter think BTS  must been a system with profit ,  yes ,if the TPS reach to 160+ TPS , fee per tx is 0.06 , the fee income per day=0.06*160*3600*24=$829,440 , one year is $300M , I think no one doubt profit capacity of bts
but now bts is a baby, we cannot let a baby to earn money .
when TPS <=5 , the fee is only $0.01, it is basically free , it have big attraction to new user.
it also does not influence referral programs .
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:31:09 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091