Author Topic: How many of us are unable to import due to large number of keys (Poll/count)  (Read 3313 times)

Offline kuro112

im willing to write a script to help the automatic import of keys but i need an example of a file with a large amount of keys to import, if any users would like to help work with me on this it wouldnt take more than a few hours and we could help a few people with this issue, i have an idea for the approach just need to clear up the data format.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline jamesc

I adding to the web wallet so it will run automatically.   It is not ready yet.

If you have the CS degree and want to try it that is what the script is for.
Web release for importing large wallets (testers needed)
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19557.new.html#new

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hello
I do not know much about computer science.
I do not bitshares migrate from 0.9.2 to 2.0 bitshares with this info.
I'm waiting for an easier aplicaion.

Does bitshares team is working on it?
Yes .. they do

Offline Masdar

• View Profile
Hello
I do not know much about computer science.
I do not bitshares migrate from 0.9.2 to 2.0 bitshares with this info.
I'm waiting for an easier aplicaion.

Does bitshares team is working on it?

Thank you.

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
I am also unable to import my keys. I also know some users who did not even try after they have seen all the problems with importing.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19390.0.html

might helps you, but since i did not study computer science i have no idea what these guys are talking about. We need a fix asap!
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
I am sure that private key only gives you the control of that account, but doesn't contain the balance.   It's said that the dev team is working on the solution, so the best solution for now is to wait...

I have to dump an account with 650k keys... because it takes forever to be imported into BTS 2.0. It will be absolutely better if there is a solution.

If you have a Computer Science degree, there is a guide over in the "2.0" forum thread that apparently will scrub all the useless balance less keys. If you're regular guy with limited knowledge with cli, you're basically screwed. Not sure what it says that this problem want detected prior to release but it is a problem. I think the continued pressure on price at the exchanges is directly related to this as some people have nowhere to send there funds. So they are trading them for BTC they can withdraw. I have a wallet that migrated over, but my balances did not import. I had to regenerate keys in old version, which took a day to do for one, yes one account, and now the exported wallet version will not be imported to the new version. I have 30 accounts I am going to have to do this regenerate keys bullshit to make sure I get all my funds. When I try to import my JSON file for my one account, screen goes blank after I enter my password and hit "Done". I have left it sitting there on the blank white screen for up to 3 days and nothing happens. I have to end up closing the tab and try again to the same results. I have every privatekey for all my accounts, but for some reason importing a privatekey doesn't import any of my balances. It's a good thing I have my privatekeys!
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline jamesc

I adding to the web wallet so it will run automatically.   It is not ready yet.

If you have the CS degree and want to try it that is what the script is for.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:02:25 pm by jcalfee1 »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I have to dump an account with 650k keys... because it takes forever to be imported into BTS 2.0. It will be absolutely better if there is a solution.

If you have a Computer Science degree, there is a guide over in the "2.0" forum thread that apparently will scrub all the useless balance less keys. If you're regular guy with limited knowledge with cli, you're basically screwed. Not sure what it says that this problem want detected prior to release but it is a problem. I think the continued pressure on price at the exchanges is directly related to this as some people have nowhere to send there funds. So they are trading them for BTC they can withdraw. I have a wallet that migrated over, but my balances did not import. I had to regenerate keys in old version, which took a day to do for one, yes one account, and now the exported wallet version will not be imported to the new version. I have 30 accounts I am going to have to do this regenerate keys bullshit to make sure I get all my funds. When I try to import my JSON file for my one account, screen goes blank after I enter my password and hit "Done". I have left it sitting there on the blank white screen for up to 3 days and nothing happens. I have to end up closing the tab and try again to the same results. I have every privatekey for all my accounts, but for some reason importing a privatekey doesn't import any of my balances. It's a good thing I have my privatekeys!

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline EstefanTT

i suppose if it's only a couple of us and no solution becomes available then i'll be forced to hold long term until there's enough in there to justify paying a professional to help me claim it...

how the hell did I get so many keys anyway, any ideas? my theory is change addresses from donating on a daily basis to ags and pts, but idk.
It seems that we won't be waiting for long ...

I didn't try it but it seems to be the answer we were looking for ...

http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=19390.0
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

38PTSWarrior

I have a 27 or so MB backup from I think 0.9.2 and didn't try anything yet cause no PC. I have to do it soon cause ma lifetime account is in it. For referals. It's not so important but it would be nice to have migrated.
I can wait but dream about an 'any backup to 2.0' tool.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

i suppose if it's only a couple of us and no solution becomes available then i'll be forced to hold long term until there's enough in there to justify paying a professional to help me claim it...

how the hell did I get so many keys anyway, any ideas? my theory is change addresses from donating on a daily basis to ags and pts, but idk.

Offline EstefanTT

enable should be unable in poll

* This poll isn't going to get seen by most in this section of the forum, should have been put in the General Discussion at first.

Thanks ! I changed enable by unable ;)

I also thought that it would have more views in the general discussion but it is also technical problem so ...

If a modo think that it's better in the general discussion, please, move it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:16:52 pm by EstefanTT »

Offline mint chocolate chip

enable should be unable in poll

* This poll isn't going to get seen by most in this section of the forum, should have been put in the General Discussion at first.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:19:30 pm by mint chocolate chip »

Offline EstefanTT

Today in the hangout BM wanted to know how many of us are experimenting this issue so he can have a better idea on the priority of the matter.

Indeed, if we are 5 desperate guys spamming "help threads" all over the forum, there is more urgent and maybe no need to create a 0.9.4 client. Maybe an explication on how we can achieve the importing process by ourselves would be more time efficient for the community and the devs.

Anyway, let's see how many of us are having this issue so the problem can be treated properly.

(The purpose of this poll is only to count how many we are, ignore the second choice)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:11:14 pm by EstefanTT »