Author Topic: dele-puppy as temporary committee member  (Read 9226 times)

Offline Riverhead

I'm cool with it except for tx fees.

How do you plan to keep Lt relevant? How do you fund worker pool? How do you make this interesting for marketers?

This is why we also need Fav, or another of like mind, as a committee member.

I'll make a separate post with my ideal committee slate.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I'm cool with it except for tx fees.

How do you plan to keep Lt relevant? How do you fund worker pool? How do you make this interesting for marketers?

Offline Riverhead

Glad to see these starting to come out. You have my vote.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Yes.  I support BM's idea to refund fees for canceled market orders, but keep the 10bts fee for completed orders.  I think it is an elegant solution that will help prevent spam, but will not hurt us marketing wise.

I think 0.1bts is good for feed publishing fee, but will vote to raise it if spam becomes an issue.

I am open to reducing the transfer fee to something on par with bitcoin.  Maybe 5-10 bts.  Before making this decision final it would be nice to see some statistics regarding the percentage of transactions that are simple transfers vs other types of transactions.  I am a very big fan of the deflation we have been seeing the past ten days, and if transfers were the #1 driver of this, I would hesitate to reduce that. 

In regards to block time, I think we should stay at 3 seconds.  I also would not change the max number of witnesses or committee members. 

Those are really all the fees and parameters I have thought deeply about.  If there is something specific that we are considering I would greatly appreciate anyone elses point of view.

Puppy, you have my full support. I will be a proxy of Korean community and will vote for you (actually, already did)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Oh and in general -  move the SQP "Short's Quality of Punishment" percent to the committee and keep it to no more than 3%

3% is 1030 in the current format I guess.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:02:28 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Do you have any opinions about current parameters or fee rates?

Yes.  I support BM's idea to refund fees for canceled market orders, but keep the 10bts fee for completed orders.  I think it is an elegant solution that will help prevent spam, but will not hurt us marketing wise.

I think 0.1bts is good for feed publishing fee, but will vote to raise it if spam becomes an issue.

I am open to reducing the transfer fee to something on par with bitcoin.  Maybe 5-10 bts.  Before making this decision final it would be nice to see some statistics regarding the percentage of transactions that are simple transfers vs other types of transactions.  I am a very big fan of the deflation we have been seeing the past ten days, and if transfers were the #1 driver of this, I would hesitate to reduce that. 

In regards to block time, I think we should stay at 3 seconds.  I also would not change the max number of witnesses or committee members. 

Those are really all the fees and parameters I have thought deeply about.  If there is something specific that we are considering I would greatly appreciate anyone elses point of view.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Do you have any opinions about current parameters or fee rates?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline phillyguy

+5% Thanks Puppies for not only stepping forward for this need, but for your long time contributions as well!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
In response to Bytemasters request on the 10-23 mumble I am putting myself forward as a temporary committee member candidate.  I am a current active witness and have no interest in being a committee member long term.  In the short term however there seems to be a dearth of candidates willing to navigate the cli_wallet. 

As an active witness I will abstain from any vote changing witness pay.  I reserve the right to vote to change feed publishing fees.

I believe that I am open to reason and evidence, and am willing to change my mind when presented with such.  Other than in regards to witness pay I reserve the right to change any opinion, and vote according to that opinion. 

I believe that decentralizing the committee member position is important enough to elect some temporary candidates until we can find long term solutions.  If you agree feel free to vote me in.