Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin (CNX) Hangout w/ Bytemaster @ 10AM EST  (Read 6429 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

What is next for bitshares?   Is there a timeframe for the next announcement?
And this nicely correlates with my question: when will the official road-map be updated to reflect CNX priorities regarding BTS after the 2.0 launch?
same here

If I actually posted a roadmap of partners and projects, I'd get lambasted for premature hype.

:)

I'm not asking for a roadmap.  I'm looking for what's the next date to look forward to.  And whats the general milestones you will hit then.  Even something like, we hope to bring in a handful of partners.  No need to quantify.  No need to go into any details.

We have a nice group of motivated business development guys who I'm pretty happy with helping us to bring in partners and investors and clients.  I'm having several such conversations per week.

Partners and investors and clients are good things to have.  They make everything else possible.

Meanwhile, BitShares has the ability to decide its own next moves.  What will they be?

Lets do prediction markets like augur and truthcoin and bond markets to complement.  We immediately win a newly created business category cause we have resolved scalability.  This will take us to jupiter.

Ok.  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline topcandle

And this nicely correlates with my question: when will the official road-map be updated to reflect CNX priorities regarding BTS after the 2.0 launch?
same here

If I actually posted a roadmap of partners and projects, I'd get lambasted for premature hype.

I'm not asking for a roadmap.  I'm looking for what's the next date to look forward to.  And whats the general milestones you will hit then.  Even something like, we hope to bring in a handful of partners.  No need to quantify.  No need to go into any details.

We have a nice group of motivated business development guys who I'm pretty happy with helping us to bring in partners and investors and clients.  I'm having several such conversations per week.

Partners and investors and clients are good things to have.  They make everything else possible.

Meanwhile, BitShares has the ability to decide its own next moves.  What will they be?

Lets do prediction markets like augur and truthcoin and bond markets to complement.  We immediately win a newly created business category cause we have resolved scalability.  This will take us to jupiter. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

same here

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:00:59 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

In case you havent realized jakub, tony likes to try to pick on people and really doesnt seem to know how to work with others.  I have never kept his questions from being asked.  Instead, he'd rather simply complain and offer absolutely nothing of value (unless dragging largely selfless helpers' faces through the mud counts.)

Sorry for saying it this way, but im starting to tire of tony attacking everyone and never wanting to give a substantive answer or input.  However, id love tony to prove me wrong and show everyone the thread or publically available material proof that it is my policy to not cover his questions concerns. 

Oh, hey tony, while some people like you could afford to go to las vegas, i was staying back and saving money so i could continue helping this project.  Really sucks that you think so little of me man...because you are obviously about as ignorant about me as it comes (yet can somehow slander my name and act as though its based on fact). 

I say this not for my or tony's sake. I say it because it is often important to look at the actions of a person as opposed to what they say.  @jakub, please do a search on tonyk on our forums and look at the pattern of his behavior.  Then please do a forum seqrch and see what i do in this community and you will see a stark difference.  While some of us know how rocky the road is and weather both the storm of his ire and the real world problems with running a decentralized community, some of us dont take any responsibility for bts' struggles and step up--its far easier to say "it will fail, just watch...and its because of THIS PERSON NOT LISTENING TO ME!"

However, i have thick enough skin to deal with this.  What does piss me off (yep i said it and mean it) is that after i and my team spend thousands of hours for basically nothing (and then put it back into bts system), that tony would be so willing to lie--and seemingly not even to help bitshares...but instead with the modus operandi of simply hurting others. Participate in our discussions yourself tony.  Or write them in a thread like everyone else.  Start blaming yourself and your lack of initiative. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline topcandle

same here

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

same here

Offline fuzzy

Fuzzy, I think the issue raised by tonyk in this thread
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19102.msg251511.html#msg251511
should definitely be discussed in this coming hangout.

I'm too stupid to understand what the core of the issue is but I do feel that it needs to be addressed by BM asap for two reasons:
- to make sure BM understands tonyk's point of view
- for us to hear BM's point of view and his explanation for non-traders what this is about

IMO it's very dangerous to have such an extreme discrepancy between the devs and the traders.
We need the traders to be happy, especially at this initial stage when liquidity is so low.

Nope!!!!

fuzz(y) has a strict policy against asking any question of mine....so sorry but no!!!

Amazing how much i do and still get shat on by you tony.  In case you havent noticed...you dont tend to ask questions in our questions threads.  What you are doing by saying this is my policy is a blatant lie. Over time i hope people realize this (though i suspect most have already). 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:54:45 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

same here

jakub

jakub

I'm too stupid to understand what the core of the issue is but I do feel that it needs to be addressed by BM asap for two reasons:
- for us to hear BM's point of view and his explanation for non-traders what this is about

IMO it's very dangerous to have such an extreme discrepancy between the devs and the traders.
We need the traders to be happy, especially at this initial stage when liquidity is so low.

Nope!!!!

fuzz(y) has a strict policy against asking any question of mine....so sorry but no!!!

I'm trying hard but don't understand your attitude, tonyk.
And I don't care about you playing games with BM.

Either you are right and BM needs to do something about it or you are not right and BM should explain why.

So it's up to fuzzy to decide what to do about it.
I'm not asking fuzzy to ask "your question" because he's not a trader and his understanding of those issues might be limited (as it is the case with me).
All I am asking is to make sure BM has a chance to explain what the issue is (as you failed to do so) and what his point of view in this regard is.

And you are in no position, tonyk, to dictate what is being discussed in a mumble hangout.
It's free for everyone to discuss whatever one feels is important.
For me this issue is important as it might affect liquidity.

Offline betax

• View Profile
We need an UX worker role, for Bitshares and all partners.

This is (at the moment) specific to overall UI design of partners websites, logos and / or content, the current process is quick announcement, quick launch, looks unpleasant, cass to the rescue.

Can we ensure that this does not happen, again? It is much simpler to involve cass / or team with cass to either do the design first or help.

This does not relate to the launch of Muse specifically, there are other examples. But it could have "looked" much better, just look at Ujos Alpha release. I assume the intention for Peertracks launch to be in a bigger scale to that one (well it should be, and will go through proper UX process).

This is not related to Bitshares UX as it is work in progress at the moment, so no criticism there.

Offline betax

• View Profile
From another thread (and many times suggested)

I think Graphene should be marketed more as a blockchain platform or infrastructure, similar (but not the same) to Ethereum. Flexibility vs Performance.

It needs (quick brainstorming):

+ Clear licencing model (How much, or simple written negotiation terms)
+ Showcase (Bitshares, Muse eventually).
+ Clear documentation (how do I extend Graphene to do business X)
+ Business model boundaries (If you are extended financial services, this should be implemented in Bitshares, the revenue model will be, Music in Muse. any other model you can use the Graphene toolkit)
+ Market itself as a toolkit / platform etc.
+ Invest some resource on proving the infrastructure (note as graphene, not bitshares), ie 100k TPS, Security etc.
+ Clear future plans.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Nope!!!!

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

jakub

Offline topcandle

How do you feel about the sponsorship of Ethereum Devcon by Microsoft?  Has this changed your feelings about Ethereum?  Where does this lead us in terms of our partnerships.  Are we being aggressive enough? 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:24:03 pm by topcandle »