Author Topic: Source Code Release for Stake Weighted Voting App  (Read 12918 times)

Offline fuzzy

So, is the consensus "yes" on anonymous voting or "no" it won't work?

I'm too stoned to know who won the BM vs. monsterer battle...

pseudonymous because the level of difficulty of tracking a specific individuals vote becomes far more difficult with every person added.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 08:54:10 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
So, is the consensus "yes" on anonymous voting or "no" it won't work?

I'm too stoned to know who won the BM vs. monsterer battle...

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
GJ on the sourcecode release. subscribing.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I've just updated the README to clarify what's in the repo and how to start the backend and application.

Sorry for the confusion, all!
Thank you very much!
was a pleasure talking to you guys at the websummit booth. I am very excited about fmv.

Too bad we couldnt meet again in dublin. Hope someday...

Offline modprobe

I've just updated the README to clarify what's in the repo and how to start the backend and application.

Sorry for the confusion, all!

Offline modprobe

Going to the moon is also impossible ;)  With blinded tokens it is possible to verify an identity when you sign a blinded token, and then at some random time in the future you submit the unblinded token back to the identity verifier along with the public key of your ballot.  The verifier can then sign your ballot public key and certify that you are a UNIQUE individual without knowing which UNIQUE individual you are. The identity verifier keeps a log of all unblinded tokens it has received to make sure that there is only one ballot per valid unblinded token.

That's not true anonymity - you still have to be onymous to the token signer initially.

Our system is technically pseudonymous, as all decisions from a particular voter are signed by the same key, but that key cannot be traced to an owning identity. The requirement of identifying oneself to the token signer does not compromise any privacy, as it merely identifies the voter as a member of the set of eligible voters. The fact that all voters are in this set is public knowledge, so the token signer learns nothing from this step.

Offline monsterer

Going to the moon is also impossible ;)  With blinded tokens it is possible to verify an identity when you sign a blinded token, and then at some random time in the future you submit the unblinded token back to the identity verifier along with the public key of your ballot.  The verifier can then sign your ballot public key and certify that you are a UNIQUE individual without knowing which UNIQUE individual you are. The identity verifier keeps a log of all unblinded tokens it has received to make sure that there is only one ballot per valid unblinded token.

That's not true anonymity - you still have to be onymous to the token signer initially.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

This is an interesting application that could be built on BitShares, but it's not something we plan to tackle. We are first building stake-weighted voting, then extending that to one-person-one-vote verifiable, anonymous elections.

How do you plan to deal with the fact that this is impossible? Unless you expend some limited resource, like stake, or CPU cycles, you cannot have sybil proof, anonymous voting.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline monsterer

This is an interesting application that could be built on BitShares, but it's not something we plan to tackle. We are first building stake-weighted voting, then extending that to one-person-one-vote verifiable, anonymous elections.

How do you plan to deal with the fact that this is impossible? Unless you expend some limited resource, like stake, or CPU cycles, you cannot have sybil proof, anonymous voting.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline modprobe

What's your opinion of implementing this to do Augur/Truthcoin style prediction markets?  Has it crossed your mind?  Is it possible to scale in bitshares?

This is an interesting application that could be built on BitShares, but it's not something we plan to tackle. We are first building stake-weighted voting, then extending that to one-person-one-vote verifiable, anonymous elections. These applications will be keeping us busy for quite a while to come.

Offline modprobe

I don't want to sound harsh .. but this app is worthless:
You have a backend running somewhere so that we can take a CLOSER look?

See my announcement:

Please note that the application is not complete; development is still very early, but we think that we have a solid foundation upon which to build.

I told you it was worthless (right now) to start with. :)

As to the backend, also note from the announcement:

Also note that so far, no blockchain integration has been done.

The only backend available is StubBackend made available on the repo to facilitate testing the application.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I don't want to sound harsh .. but this app is worthless:
You have a backend running somewhere so that we can take a CLOSER look?
Code: [Select]
Attempting new connection; hostname.toStdString() = 127.0.0.1; port = 2572

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
What's your opinion of implementing this to do Augur/Truthcoin style prediction markets?  Has it crossed your mind?  Is it possible to scale in bitshares?
Afaik all we need is there and can scale way better than ethereum's platform .. all we need is a fancy webpage :)

Offline topcandle

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter