Author Topic: Wallet management console  (Read 2113 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Thanks for explanation!

Offline jamesc

What is that wallet management console in openledger GUI? I tried to create a new wallet and it seems that I can't do anything with it. What is this feature for?

It's used when you import keys or create new account. They're saved in the active wallet there you can make backups or delete wallets. These are only browser wallets they are not on a server you have to export them.  The footer is going to remind you of this.

So if I have and account, and want to create another account, do I need to create a new wallet first? Some manual which explains this process in simple words would be helpful.

No...   This is an advanced screen..  You typically do not need to go there.   The UI will prompt you the first time to make a backup.  The backup will have your brain key in it. Every time you create a new account it is derived from the brain key so you don't need to make a new backup.   You can restore the backup on another browser or computer and see how it works.

Actually in one case yes...   the faucet is only there to create your first account in the wallet.   You can fund that first account and create more yourself in the same wallet.

Offline jamesc

What is that wallet management console in openledger GUI? I tried to create a new wallet and it seems that I can't do anything with it. What is this feature for?

It's used when you import keys or create new account. They're saved in the active wallet there you can make backups or delete wallets. These are only browser wallets they are not on a server you have to export them.  The footer is going to remind you of this.

So if I have and account, and want to create another account, do I need to create a new wallet first? Some manual which explains this process in simple words would be helpful.

No...   This is an advanced screen..  You typically do not need to go there.   The UI will prompt you the first time to make a backup.  The backup will have your brain key in it. Every time you create a new account it is derived from the brain key so you don't need to make a new backup.   You can restore the backup on another browser or computer and see how it works.

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline jamesc

Offline yvv

• View Profile