Author Topic: how many bts are paid by work contract now  (Read 2280 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
how many bts are paid by work contract now ?
 I  think we should let more people promote bts by this function.
See http://cryptofresh.com/
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
10000 bts per day is being paid
but not all of these are payed to actual people .. most of it is burnd .. isn't it?

Actually all of the 10,000 BTS are going to fund the fee pools. The other 300k+ that is "assigned" to a worker is just being refunded to the reserve pool. So, in the end there is only one vesting worker, and those funds are simply fed back in to the system
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

On this principle, I will still have to look at the final product Muse/Peertracks is going to be selling, but the combination of Graphene back-end + referral programme + sell-able product is what's required. So I wouldn't be surprised to see it do very well.

Well analysed. One thing though.  Muse does not have an intention for referral. In fact, cob mentioned he would want 'middleman' out of the equation.

Thanks, interesting.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

On this principle, I will still have to look at the final product Muse/Peertracks is going to be selling, but the combination of Graphene back-end + referral programme + sell-able product is what's required. So I wouldn't be surprised to see it do very well.

Well analysed. One thing though.  Muse does not have an intention for referral. In fact, cob mentioned he would want 'middleman' out of the equation.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

yeah I think so too. referral program is great, but it ain't everything.

The referral program won't work without a product to sell.

The core product is BitAssets, but without a credible plan for liquidity/incentives for market makers it will be very slow going to attract regular customers.

If you're struggling to artificially create BitAsset liquidity then you have to look at introducing other key sellable products that will bring  users in and who will slowly create that liquidity over time. But paying more people to promote BTS but with nothing users want to buy when they get here is not the answer imo. 

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:43:07 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
but not all of these are payed to actual people .. most of it is burnd .. isn't it?

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
See https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/board,103.0.html
And tell people about the sticky there

Also see:
http://cryptofresh.com
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
yeah I think so too. referral program is great, but it ain't everything. i've seen two bitcoin bull-runs up close, and if anything like that happens, worrying about yearly % is missing the point by two orders of magnitude. besides, anyone we get to do real work for BitShares will almost invariably become strong hands emotionally attached to the ecosystem.

currently nobody is even bothering to ask, meaning we need to encourage people to try anything they might think worthwhile that they can contribute with, instead of in any way restricting the space of possibility in advance for what kind of workers might get voted in.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:17:20 am by CLains »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:18:29 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091