Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin Worker Proposal Funding (Poll)  (Read 5149 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I know people have asked this already but I don't remember if you replied to that,

You want to create Barter, a new and better exchange. You're seeking funds. Why not collaborate with metaexchange? They still have shares to issue, they could pay you with that, assuming they agree. Even if they don't, have you reached out to see if you could develop something for metaexchange, get paid and use those funds with Barter?

I understand you want a business of your own, it's just that since there seems to be a lack of funds and resources get spread, it would be a nice way of doing things. You could collaborate, create something even better, funds would be easier to get (i assume) and the end product could be something with even more potential than if both projects went different ways. Just thinking out loud here. I understand even if you both wanted, that things may not work for both of you.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

Good Questions.

I understand the community's apprehension in a young organization like ours trying to be involved so heavily and its a very welcome emotion. Some of the ways we intend to add value to the community here are

1. Share drops And Intrinsic Value
We intend to have ShareDrops on virtually all of the products we build for the community.  We build into communities, knowing that sharing ownership of what we build also helps us scale it to new heights.  In keeping in line with the same line of thought, we'll be doing ShareDrops on BitShares holders (and being gamers, we also like dkp ;)) This should help us ensure we do deliver in terms of adding value to those that hold coins here, because your community is at the beginning of the Sharing economy in crypto, and sharing also brings liquidity (see part 3).  But it brings much more richness as well.

2. Increasing Adoption

We are a gaming community with a network of projects reaching over 200,000 users. We have been working with a very niche group of users whose preferences and demands pretty much defines what runs the internet. We understand the importance of efficient integration and breaking down the nuances of crypto to the average user.  We have also seen a lot of concern regarding the GUI here and have some gamified ideas to make users drool.  I request you guys to please take a look at some of our projects to get a basic idea of our proficiency in this regard, but for some special reasons we have to be careful giving you all our intentions.  Just know that we hope to prove ourselves to you and thank fuzzy for his trust.

3. Increasing Liquidity

A large number of our operations run on crypto and due to the same we'll be required to buy in and sell crypto often. In lieu of this very idea we have even begun work on our own trade bot and have made announcements of an exchange (to be named Barter) in this week’s hangout. It is in our best interest to ensure the markets run efficiently and that you trust us. We are trying to make a move to BitShares for obvious reasons.  We can bring ease of use.

4. Adding value to the ecosystem

I believe we have shared at least 5 key concepts we intend to release in the months to come in the recent past directly on these forums.  By enabling us to build what we intend to bring to these marketplaces we will be able to further empower the growth of the community.  That is why we got along with fuzzy.  He seems to understand that roads and highways need built for an economy to prosper.  This is true for gaming and crypto worlds just as in the analog one.  It is also why we are partnering with Beyond Bitcoin and seeking funding.  To help build those roads and to let fuzzy help us with transparency along the way. 

5. Marketing

Our large user base forms a key user base for crypto's and projects in general. We sustain on advertisements and we believe, by creating synergistic partnerships with communities, we can “level up” to a point where the organization can stay profitable and manage to expand without stressing itself more than necessary. We are also working in merging with an advertising agency that deals specifically in crypto and caters to the gaming community, and if we can build what we want to build here it will be easier for us to get them interested in BitShares too.  But we need you onboard first.

Regarding Questions from Shentist

1) the tippingbot nxthaus has is nothing like our system, we have a trustless system completely integrated with our forum, as we coded the nxthaus bot we can be certain that its features are not in line with what this community needs, regardless of that fact we arent asking that people pay for this one project, or even two projects, but that people help us bootstrap a serise of enterprises that bring intrinsic value to the entire community

2) barter is not a shapeshift competetor, the features we plan (and will outline in our whitepaper when the time is right) will be the most advanced implementation of currently existing ideas, combined with the best ideas of the other teams and exchanges to create a technology never seen before in the industry, and may for the first time be a system that makes that claim and is correct much the same way metaexchange brought trustless (accountless) trading to the table we intend to advance technology not compete against pre existing technology

3) first and foremost we are a business, we do want to share all of our ideas with this community and the people who can use them the best, however for the sake of competition and fair market we will chose to only release information as it is time, that being said we are all for transparency and building the systems we create into the core of bitshares, but the rapid pace, high scale techonology we bring to the table requires food on our tables because we are full time cryptocurrency developers
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:07:25 pm by Freebieservers »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
a point i forgot - the problem with a tipping bot on BTS are the high transaction fees to use it, so i think it will not work - but this are just my thoughts.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
you wrote a lot but not really much :D

so what are the plans?

1. the tipping bot is already build with Nxthaus, so why should the BTS community pay for it again?
2. why we need a new shapeshift competitor? our community has already 2. Blocktrades and metaexchange, so why should the community pay for it again?

3. what are the other plans?

i am fine for everything the "whole" community will benefit, otherwise you should try a better approach like a fundraiser and referral system.

the reason why metaexchange is not trying for a working position is, that not everyone on our community will see metaexchange as a core feature of BitShares. So we choose to work at the moment for
free and just use the collected amounts for running liquiditypools.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Great proposal fuzzy.  Your endeavours are very beneficial to the community.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
To make things clearer, what does bitshares "get" at each of the funding levels? I wouldn't have a problem with any of those numbers, it's just a matter of "what is the return on investment?"
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
There are endlessly many services that could be build with a worker. The only way to bring intellegent decision making on whether one of these services actually brings value (new customer) to BTS is to fund them via the referral system.
So could this be funded via the referral system too?

Anyway if it is funded via a worker which I wouldnt prefer all profits from that app need to go to BTS holders.

Edit: Even if it couldnt directly be funded with the referral system it could be the basis for something that is.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:55:20 pm by delulo »

Offline fuzzy

The plan is to have a tipbot (owned almost wholely by the community) that spans from our forums all the way across FB, Twitter, Slack, Reddit and Mumble (with the potential for many more in the future). 

All other bitshare's based projects (or tokens that use our decentralized exchange) will be able to send their UIA equivalency across these social media channels---and will give all of you the opportunity to send out your own tokens to people on these platforms (and potentially receive referrals from individuals who register an account to accept them). 

But there is far more that will need to be built on top of this.  In fact, we are even talking with @ccedk about connecting it to the exchange and Nanocard so people can also cash out their "tips" to the card and use it to purchase everyday items. 

There are many other plans, but we will have the opportunity to discuss many of them during the afterparty today. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

If you are booking the funds publicly I am fine with this proposal .. There is plenty of things to do!

No problems at all with that. 

@anyone needing more essential information that you feel I have not covered, please feel free to ask productive questions or give productive thoughts.  Productive != Agreeing...Productive == honest and trying to add insight and value.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:34:24 am by fuzzy »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Can I have this (OP) in English... with much less english, pleeeease.

Thank you!

PS

I will vote "NO", for not providing the essential info in the first place...so do not bother answering.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:24:37 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If you are booking the funds publicly I am fine with this proposal .. There is plenty of things to do!

Offline fuzzy

Beyond Bitcoin Hybrid Worker Proposal Exploratory Poll

Beyond Bitcoin would like to partner with Freebieserver's team and help them expand their community-building efforts far beyond the forum tipbot and shapeshift competitor.   We will continue offering the other services we have in the past (or iterations thereof, based on the new BTS governance/marketing structure), but would like to bring onboard a team of developers who understand the vision that I and the rest of the Beyond Bitcoin team have for our community.  This would also include building foundational elements that will enable things like DPOSHub to grow and prosper (while hopefully minimizing a large portion of the funding requirements that Cryptopro and Data are paying out of pocket).  And naturally, we would want to cover the initiatives that grow from it. 

Now with that said, I am going to attach a poll to see what everyone thinks would be "fair" for funding a group of approximately eight volunteers and 4+ developers with extensive crypto, backend and UX/UI experience.  Please remember that paying for this worker proposal will likely give us the ability to give a high level of ownership to the products constructed and their returns on investment (ROIs).

So if this is done, we can essentially also call the Beyond Bitcoin worker proposal a hybrid Dev/Media/Community-building proposal...which also keeps us in line with what BM had hoped to see.  It is and always has been important to the Beyond Bitcoin team to give as much back as possible to our community and I dare say that most of our team has actually given more money/time than paid for working on this project over the course of 2 years.  However, the delegate did take away a large portion of those expenses and allow us to focus solely on what we have proven we do well.  And now what we do well could be expanding in ways that make me giddy.  The only issue right now is seeing if the funding we can provide Freebie and his team of devs will be enough to cover the bare minimum of expenses.

I am personally looking at getting a day or two more of work per week to help pay $500-700/mo to them in addition to the worker proposal funding, but I need to know what the community would vote for in terms of helping me pay our workers and them.  Thanks to This Worker Proposal Poll, I am confident we will get a worker voted in.  The only question at present is how much the community is willing to donate to a cause that has proven its intent to always give back as much as possible to the community...and add enough extra to build the kind of infrastructure no other crypto-community has.
Between myself and Freebieservers team, we have 26+ combined years of experience managing guilds/clans and other decentralized communities---we have a very good idea how to utilize those strategies to give BitShares' community a first mover advantage in the space...I just need someone to build it for us. 

Please vote on the poll above and remember that over time any bts given us to build it will likely be burned by the infrastructure as it gains more and more profitability...with the intentions to essentially burn more than we received over time (which would make this proposal more like a loan).

If there are any questions and comments feel free to bring them on and I'll do my best to answer them. As always please try to be respectful and productive in your opinions and comments.

P.S.  I voted 20 billion dollars because my vote should not be counted in this (imho).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:34:13 pm by fuzzy »