Author Topic: 150 PTS - Tool to display AGS balance given a BTC and PTS wallet [CANCELED]  (Read 11462 times)

Offline bytemaster

As long as I do not have to reveal my private keys a service works well for me. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It only needs the public keys to query the wallet. I will rewrite the parser to make RPC calls.

One more question, do you want a GUI application? Command line or daemon would be possible too.

I would like this tool for the average person sending in donations to track their shares.  GUI is probably best.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn

It only needs the public keys to query the wallet. I will rewrite the parser to make RPC calls.

One more question, do you want a GUI application? Command line or daemon would be possible too.

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp
Ok will improve my AGS parser now and use that as data base.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
The idea is to collect the total of all transactions to the donation addresses from the wallet, then using the dates ,  calculate how much AGS one has. I would recommend donschoe for this one.

Thanks for the recommendation. As I already have a blockchain parser, I can take on this one.

Reading the blockchain locally comes with some issues.
  • It takes ages (especially for bitcoin blockchain which is huge!)
  • You need to reindex the whole blockchain with the flag -txindex=1 -reindex=1 (It takes some time ...)
  • It takes ages ... :)

I could provide a web-API (including backup server if something goes wrong) which provides preparsed results and create a local QT program which allows entering addresses or reading wallets.

Or is it an requirement to work client side only with just the local blockchain and wallet?

I don't think client side is a requirement, in fact your solution sounds quicker and more convenient for users. Since it not an actual wallet yet, there are no control and privacy issues. bytemaster will chip in when he can, but i believe your idea is the best way to go.

--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp
The idea is to collect the total of all transactions to the donation addresses from the wallet, then using the dates ,  calculate how much AGS one has. I would recommend donschoe for this one.

Thanks for the recommendation. As I already have a blockchain parser, I can take on this one.

Reading the blockchain locally comes with some issues.
  • It takes ages (especially for bitcoin blockchain which is huge!)
  • You need to reindex the whole blockchain with the flag -txindex=1 -reindex=1 (It takes some time ...)
  • It takes ages ... :)

I could provide a web-API (including backup server if something goes wrong) which provides preparsed results and create a local QT program which allows entering addresses or reading wallets.

Or is it an requirement to work client side only with just the local blockchain and wallet?

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
here is a tip

https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet

i am busy with other projects, but if noone takes it up end of day. i will try it out.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline bytemaster

Assuming I have a wallet.dat for AGS or PTS, I would like a tool that will report my current AGS balance.

I would guess that this would be implemented by dumping your addresses then fetching the full AGS database from one of the provided services and totaling all balances.  The easier this is for someone to do the better.

Increasing the bounty on this to 150 PTS.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:37:57 pm by bytemaster »