Author Topic: Tokenly Merchant Ecosystem Worker Proposal  (Read 13877 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
It's a placeholder number, I'm attempting to define the real cost with Kuro which can then be used to create the proposal.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
I see that you're estimating a hourly wage of $30, I doubt you'll find a coder willing to work at that rate.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
this has freebie's full support, we love the concept and would love to work on this project with adam.

+5%

The first thing we need to do is understand the scope of the project so we can figure out how much in funding we'll need to seek from the blockchain.  I've PM'd you contact information, let me know if you want to get on a call or collaborate on a google doc to start defining the scope.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
do you plan to make money via referral system?

I don't think we're going to turn down revenue streams where we find them but the referral system is not core to the model.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
do you plan to make money via referral system?

Offline kuro112

this has freebie's full support, we love the concept and would love to work on this project with adam.

+5%
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
If you are unable to get a proposal voted in, and you are not interested in referral income, an enterprising dev might be willing to do the work for the future referral income.

By the same token, one or more enterprising members of the community might be willing to fund the development costs in exchange for the referral income. 

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
If you are unable to get a proposal voted in, and you are not interested in referral income, an enterprising dev might be willing to do the work for the future referral income. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I put together a basic budgeting spreadsheet for the part time developer, feel free to comment.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tCwRLdrQv2eVG0WVyPxPe1Zn-9oE5HcV4AeVECQchvE/edit?usp=sharing

Estimating we'll need the part time developer for three months to get everything in and robust as a first class token, my spreadsheet says we'll need 23657.44026 bitshares ($100) per day.   

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
EDIT: But winning the vote will only give you the daily pay for the developer so you still need to arrange and manage the developer yourself.
And the worker pay requires vesting - this is to prevent having the salary paid without the job being actually delivered.

I have no problem managing developers, i'm very results oriented and like to put on my "chief user" hat instead of my CEO one.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
by the way, we could need a tokenly like chrome app too. I like it

The idea actually is to integrate Bitshares into Tokenly Pockets as well as Counterparty.  It's already API driven.

@Adam, just to give you an example, this is what a worker proposal looks like in the GUI.
Voters are supposed to read the details supplied by the attached URLs and then vote whether those proposals make sense for them or not.

Great!  let's find the developer who can take it on and do it.

jakub

@Adam, just to give you an example, this is what a worker proposal looks like in the GUI.
Voters are supposed to read the details supplied by the attached URLs and then vote whether those proposals make sense for them or not.

EDIT: But winning the vote will only give you the daily pay for the developer so you still need to arrange and manage the developer yourself.
And the worker pay requires vesting - this is to prevent having the salary paid without the job being actually delivered.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:10:07 pm by jakub »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
by the way, we could need a tokenly like chrome app too. I like it

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@adam if you send me a mail to fabian@cryptonomex.com and tell me exactly how you imagine this project, the I may be able to give some advice .. atm i am just busy with websummit