Author Topic: [Committee Member]:bitcrab  (Read 11776 times)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
please unvote bitcrab.

it's so shamed to be a so called "committee member" of a blockchain which is controlled by a single person.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Interesting. Thanks for the explanation!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
thanks for help from @abit and @Bhuz , now I make the owner_key of bitcrab under controll again. now I can still use account bitcrab as committee member account, no need to switch to another account.

let's see what had happened:

several weeks ago I had wrongly set the owner key of bitcrab as a multisig like this:

bitcrab is wrongly to put in to make a circular approval, and later I lost the key of trans-admin.

so the problem is, in such a condition, is there any way to controll the owner key of bitcrab?

I have thought there is no way, today @Bhuz and @abit told me it's possible, and abit did some test to ensure there is a solution.

so finally I issue a proposal to change the owner key of bitcrab  with active key of bitcrab.

and then approve it in cli, and then ask alt to approve it also in cli with account baozi, done.

so that means when owner key is a multisig of several accounts, with only active key these accounts can propose and approve to change the multisig owner key, however, seems this does not work in GUI, but work in cli.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
the owner key of account bitcrab is not stolen, it's just wrongly set multisig so now there is no way to get the owner authority.
the active key is still owned by me,  no funds lost.

jerryliu is also my witness account, here is the thread that I announce the online of witness jerryliu: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23689.0.html

I do not use PGP in the past so I don't think now I can use it to verify my account.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
hi everyone, as I lost control to the owner_key of account bitcrab because of carelessness, I now create a new committee member with account jerryliu instead, kind change your voting accordingly, thanks.

hello, please verify your account via PGP on this forum. just in case this account has been compromised.

Offline Chronos

Yikes! Did you lose funds? Hope everything is ok.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
hi everyone, as I lost control to the owner_key of account bitcrab because of carelessness, I now create a new committee member with account jerryliu instead, kind change your voting accordingly, thanks.

chryspano

You want to vote out one of the few people doing something about the lack of voting? 

I don't think bitcrab did this to solve the "lack of voting problem", personal gains or iresponsibility comes to my mind when I think about it.

It's great to have an  opinion but I'm not in the business to tell other businesses how to operate. Free market. Any other businesses we want to tell how to operate while we are at it?  We can submit recommendations, however, it's ultimately their choice.

Businesses can face the consequenses of their actions, if you don't like how a bank operates you can move your funds to another bank, BUT this doesn't mean that you don't have the right to criticize them or to try to convince other people to move their funds out of that bank when they(the bank) loan money to corrupt politicians or terrorists.

TravelsAsia

Trying to restrict people from doing something isn't going to help bitshares perception at all... its a free market and a default feature to be able to vote.  Eventually the word was going to get out to exchanges that they can vote with their stake.

Perhaps nothing wrong with this, but don't you think that the exchanges have an obligation to inform their customers that they are going to use their funds to vote in a specific maner? don't you think that the customers of the exchange should have some time to decide if they agree with this and want to keep their money in this exchange or disagree and withdraw? This whole situation is very fishy. A lot of whining and crying lately and imo bitcrab is a part of it, he wanted to create some more fuss, nothing more. Vote him out.

You want to vote out one of the few people doing something about the lack of voting?  That seems insane. It's great to have an  opinion but I'm not in the business to tell other businesses how to operate. Free market. Any other businesses we want to tell how to operate while we are at it?  We can submit recommendations, however, it's ultimately their choice.

chryspano

Trying to restrict people from doing something isn't going to help bitshares perception at all... its a free market and a default feature to be able to vote.  Eventually the word was going to get out to exchanges that they can vote with their stake.

Perhaps nothing wrong with this, but don't you think that the exchanges have an obligation to inform their customers that they are going to use their funds to vote in a specific maner? don't you think that the customers of the exchange should have some time to decide if they agree with this and want to keep their money in this exchange or disagree and withdraw? This whole situation is very fishy. A lot of whining and crying lately and imo bitcrab is a part of it, he wanted to create some more fuss, nothing more. Vote him out.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I urge everybody to remove their votes for bitcrab.

He persuaded an exchange to start to vote with BTS that belongs to their customers. This is not recommended behavior and bitcrab did it without even asking opinions of other members of the Bitshares community.

calm down please, no need to be so angry.

everybody have enough time to express his/her opinion on this, although yunbi had voted,  it haven't made any real change up to now.

actually

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

He persuaded an exchange to start to vote with BTS that belongs to their customers. This is not recommended behavior and bitcrab did it without even asking opinions of other members of the Bitshares community.

Not recommended behavior according to who?

To anybody who is serious about running a decentralized business. Shareholders can't just go and do risky moves themselves without discussing first pros and cons with other people. What bitcrab did was very reckless and I strongly think that we shouldn't have people like him in our committee.

TravelsAsia

To anybody who is serious about running a decentralized business. Shareholders can't just go and do risky moves themselves without discussing first pros and cons with other people. What bitcrab did was very reckless and I strongly think that we shouldn't have people like him in our committee.

Let me make sure I understand what you are saying here.  You are claiming that Bitcrab didn't have the right to talk to an exchange about a feature that's ALREADY available to the exchange? I didn't know you were his keeper.

People bitch and complain about voter apathy, somebody steps up to help and you believe he's reckless?

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
There's possibly a strong conflict of interests here. What if we reach a level where we're competing with these exchanges? They can just jeopardize the entire project so they remain competitive.

Removing votes for a committee member who supports this doesn't remove the ability of the exchange to vote... There is no way to combat this unless money is taken off the exchanges.

But removing money from exchanges, in which we derive price feeds, may cause whipsaws due to lower liquidity.  Pick your poison