Author Topic: [Bounty Suggest] PTS wallet of a new version, stuck at 1 address  (Read 3843 times)

Offline bytemaster

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:29:35 pm by bytemaster »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
i don't quite understand what it is exactly that you want, but ask a mod to move this topic to bounties. and put the (Pending) tag on it, so we can build it up and maybe find it a sponsor.

I'll wait until we can confirm a sponsor, I want to keep the bounty forum clean. I agree it's a good idea in theory but it's not clear if it's worth the effort.

You are right. Some new beginners often ask me about the address problem. And after the AGS started, there's been growing questions asked about the address problem on forum. Perhaps the ones active on forum are somehow familiar with btc change address, so I am afraid you can not easily feel the necessity of this easily.
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
i don't quite understand what it is exactly that you want, but ask a mod to move this topic to bounties. and put the (Pending) tag on it, so we can build it up and maybe find it a sponsor.

I'll wait until we can confirm a sponsor, I want to keep the bounty forum clean. I agree it's a good idea in theory but it's not clear if it's worth the effort.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
Its a good idea. I always send my coins back to my AGS address. That's a bit annoying but I can keep track of my shares much better.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Thank you. But I can't find this thread in the bounties subforum. Where is this thread?

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
So far as I understand he wants a client that is able to create transactions without generating change addresses. This will keep account balances cleaner. And it will make counting ones shares easier. Am I right?

Exactly.

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
So far as I understand he wants a client that is able to create transactions without generating change addresses. This will keep account balances cleaner. And it will make counting ones shares easier. Am I right?
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Many people want to use only one address to send and receive PTS, especially to send PTS to AngelShares address. But they just don't know how to do it, or were confused by the sending address they were using. Even for the guys who know how to use to-many to solve this, it's still too tedious.

I suggest launching a new bounty to make a new version of Protoshares-Qt wallet, which can, and by default set the change address to the same as the first sending address. And then promote it to the new beginners, especially new beginners of AngelShares donators.

It may use UTC Time by default to display transactions, too.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:10:47 pm by coolspeed »