Author Topic: Bitshares Book Club  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Simon Sinek – Start with why (startwithwhy.com)

Bytemaster mentioned the TED talk of Simon Sinek in the latest hangout. Sinek has also written a whole book on the subject.

TED talk tells the most important points, so it's not necessary to read the book, but of course it expands and clarifys the message.

Highly recommended for watching: How great leaders inspire action

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I can vouch for "Blockchain: Blueprint for a new Economy" by Melanie-Swan and "Zero to One" by Peter Thiel. Melanie Swan's book is a comprehensively researched, ambitious overview of the cryptocurrency space. Peter Thiel's book is strikingly clear and concise, packed with honest, original and independent thoughts.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
Peter Thiel & Blake Masters – Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future (Amazon)

Words of wisdom from Peter Thiel. This book focuses on how to build world changing startups – so this is a good read for people who are developing Bitshares or building a business on top of it.

(Sorry for the short review, it's been a while since I read the book. I've been planning to read it again keeping Bitshares in mind but haven't had time to do it. If somebody reads this, it would be great to hear some thoughts on how Bitshares could implement some of the ideas presented in it.)

Offline EstefanTT

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
Tim Swanson – The Anatomy of a Money-like Informational Commodity: A Study of Bitcoin (Kindle/PDF/Scribd)

This is a very throughout and critical look on the Bitcoin. A little bit old by now (published last year) but still worth reading. Lots of good reasons why Bitcoin isn't going to be very succesful on the long run.

Bitshares is mentioned a few times but back when the book was being written, there wasn't much information about Bitshares so it's not discussed in any meaningful way. But a good reader can go through the book and think what Bitshares has done better than Bitcoin and I'd say it's better in pretty much every way – especially the most critical points.

This is a good read right now when the price of bitcoin is rocketing. It's good to remember that foundations of Bitcoin are still very weak so the price will come down eventually.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
Does anybody have good recommendations for books worth reading? Especially about economics/trading/startups/marketing etc. that might be useful for trying to learn and understand more about second generation crypto products and how to build and market them.