Author Topic: Photos from Web Summit in Dublin, Ireland  (Read 7596 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Actions speak louder than words anyway.
.. and that's just the what "we" know Mark (Banx) and Michael-X (remittio) are up to .. who knows what they have in mind already.
My experience from the last few days was, that they pretty much understand!! what the people in the "real" world need .. AND they know how the blockchain technology can solve their problems!
I've seen Michael market the whole idea to people I would a) never have imaged would need that tech and b) would never have dared to even try talk to them ..

We can be EXTREMELY happy to have those to on board!

That's enough for me ....wonderful.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Actions speak louder than words anyway.
.. and that's just the what "we" know Mark (Banx) and Michael-X (remittio) are up to .. who knows what they have in mind already.
My experience from the last few days was, that they pretty much understand!! what the people in the "real" world need .. AND they know how the blockchain technology can solve their problems!
I've seen Michael market the whole idea to people I would a) never have imaged would need that tech and b) would never have dared to even try talk to them ..

We can be EXTREMELY happy to have those to on board!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+5% .. sounds like you guys truly represented there!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Wanted to thank Mark Lyford especially....you and your team have had a tough time of it lately.  Justified or not, it's good to hear about your efforts.  What more can you do than roll your sleeves up, keep going and try to do better?  Isn't that what we are all doing?  Actions speak louder than words anyway.

THIS!  +5% - pinged you via skype @MarkLyford
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Great work everyone!  Really exciting!

Wanted to thank Mark Lyford especially....you and your team have had a tough time of it lately.  Justified or not, it's good to hear about your efforts.  What more can you do than roll your sleeves up, keep going and try to do better?  Isn't that what we are all doing?  Actions speak louder than words anyway.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I don't think it's required but: I can confirm everyting Stan said above.

IMHO, we position ourselves very well in the websummit. So many people will think of BitShares and Cryptonomex when they hear about bitcoin and blockchain tech.
From what I experienced this year, the topic blockchain will grow big time until next year and we have an information head-start of at least one-year, and a technology head-start of at least 2 years!

Oh, btw .. did I tell you that there was sooo many startups searching for a
a) payment solution that is cheaper than stripe?
b) a blockchain that keeps consistent no matter what?
c) check out this: www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2015-249.html and try to figure out what payment solution fits that use-case best!?

Offline Louis

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
we want to know who you talked to, who showed interest  :P

We had strong interest from several big banks, several famous businesses, a shocking wild-card, and a bunch of start-ups interested in building on the ecosystem.  Got several sit-down sessions with VC's one of which lasted over two hours.  All of these contacts will require a long process of follow-up relationship building, but we are off to a great start.  Meanwhile, Michael, Mark and McKenna got selected as "one of the top ten most innovative start-ups" out of 600 putting their project and BitShares in the bright lights on the big stage. 

I'll let them tell you all about that.   A celebration ensued...

I also got a chance to meet Vít Jedlička, President of Liberland, who has become a friend of the FollowMyVote gang.

Nathan held a simultaneous conversation with Xeroc and Adam, but it seemed a little two-faced.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
we want to know who you talked to, who showed interest  :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I can only hope that some of our new potential partners from this have some big bucks and took the opportunity to buy some cheap BTS.  If they did, maybe soon they'll be feeling good about their investment going up and will decide to support BTS in some capacity and build a business on it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Had another great day.  Soooooo many contacts to follow up - we'll be traveling for months.

Special thanks to Xeroc for making friends with a Bitcoin investor after dueling with him for an hour or more.  The rest of us were in awe - and bought him dinner for his efforts.

He spent most of his time spinning in the air above his worthy opponent.

Extra special thanks to Mark Lyford who was a bloody referral engine.  Half the people who showed up at his Remittio booth got referred to Cryptonomex for enhanced interrogation.

And then there's Max Wright and Michael X who are true masters at all this.
"This is a blues riff in B, watch me for the changes and try to keep up."

I also attended.

Yep. I am glad we can find a few points to agree on.

This one being - Xeroc is a very bright beam in a very dark reality.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:31:23 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Had another great day.  Soooooo many contacts to follow up - we'll be traveling for months.

Special thanks to Xeroc for making friends with a Bitcoin investor after dueling with him for an hour or more.  The rest of us were in awe - and bought him dinner for his efforts.

He spent most of his time spinning in the air above his worthy opponent.

Extra special thanks to Mark Lyford who was a bloody referral engine.  Half the people who showed up at his Remittio booth got referred to Cryptonomex for enhanced interrogation.

And then there's Max Wright and Michael X who are true masters at all this.
"This is a blues riff in B, watch me for the changes and try to keep up."

I also attended.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.