Author Topic: Alpha Keyhotee Bug Reporting in this thread.  (Read 162982 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
It is reporting properly now - "Registered with 319.5 points".  Thanks for the quick fix.  Does this mean that I do not necessarily need to fill out http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up/ unless my public key changes due to creating a profile with a different brain wallet key phrase?
That's my current understanding of the registration system, although I'll check tomorrow to confirm that.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Evan

• View Profile
  • BitShares: evan
As of this git commit, I see "invalid ID/FounderKey Pair" on a yellow background between my Keyhotee ID and the gold "Keyhotee Founder" banner when I view my own contact.  Previously I saw "registered with 319.5 pts" where the invalid ID message now displays.  I am using the same Keyhotee profile that I created prior to my previous post in this thread.

Looks like the Keyhotee Founder ID registration server went down, and I believe this was probably your issue (Keyhotee queries that server to see if your founder id is registered). I looked at the commits and didn't see anything that should have caused a problem. Can you launch Keyhotee to see if it's reporting properly again now?

It is reporting properly now - "Registered with 319.5 points".  Thanks for the quick fix.  Does this mean that I do not necessarily need to fill out http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up/ unless my public key changes due to creating a profile with a different brain wallet key phrase?

Opening Keyhotee again, the Inbox shows several duplicates of messages that I received during my last Keyhotee session approximately one hour ago, all with the same received time as the original messages.  I estimate 5-6 duplicate messages.

I closed and re-opened Keyhotee, and now I counted 52 (!) duplicate messages, again all with the same received time as the original messages.

I closed and re-opened Keyhotee a third time, and now I count approximately 139 duplicate messages with the same received time.

Here is the diagnostic log for my most recent Keyhotee session:

Code: [Select]
1404308ms       th_a            configure ] set_external_ip application.cpp:230
1404308ms       th_a            configure ] configuring server application.cpp:243
1404308ms       th_a            configure ] listening for stcp connections on port 0 server.cpp:207
1404308ms       th_a            configure ] configure bitname client application.cpp:249
1404339ms       th_a         load_indexes ] load indexes bitname_db.cpp:92
1404339ms       th_a         load_indexes ] load indexes bitname_db.cpp:107
1404341ms       th_a      init_timekeeper ] ...init stats... bitname_db.cpp:162
1404341ms       th_a      init_timekeeper ] ...done init timekeeper... bitname_db.cpp:164
1404341ms       th_a                 open ] open name db bitname_db.cpp:214
1404416ms       th_a            configure ] configure bitchat client application.cpp:259
1404439ms       th_a            configure ] configuring rpc_server application.cpp:263
1404439ms       th_a            configure ] listening for rpc connections on port 0 rpc_server.cpp:245
1404439ms       th_a            configure ] listening for rpc connections on port 41300 rpc_server.cpp:247
1404439ms       th_a            configure ] done configuring rpc_server application.cpp:266
1404439ms       th_a            configure ] end application::configure application.cpp:268
1404653ms       th_a       reloadContacts ] loading contacts... AddressBookModel.cpp:356
1404654ms       th_a       reloadContacts ] loading contacts... AddressBookModel.cpp:356
1404807ms       th_a   KeyhoteeMainWindow ] idents: [{"public_key":"02ff301f63f3806526bb268281775de74ded78ba349e8e74fcc2e48ecda2d58db6","dac_id_hash":10558817122946697465,"dac_id_string":"Evan","properties":[],"wallet_ident":"Evan","mining_effort":1,"first_name":"Evan","last_name":"Black","private_icon_png":""}] KeyhoteeMainWindow.cpp:258
1404861ms       th_a start_mail_connect_l ] start_mail_connect_loop application.cpp:154
1409863ms       th_a    mail_connect_loop ] mail connect 162.243.67.4:7896 application.cpp:80
1409863ms       th_a              connect ] connect to 162.243.67.4:7896 and resolved ["162.243.67.4:7896"] mail_connection.cpp:207
1410774ms       th_a              connect ]     connected to 162.243.67.4:7896 mail_connection.cpp:198

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
As of this git commit, I see "invalid ID/FounderKey Pair" on a yellow background between my Keyhotee ID and the gold "Keyhotee Founder" banner when I view my own contact.  Previously I saw "registered with 319.5 pts" where the invalid ID message now displays.  I am using the same Keyhotee profile that I created prior to my previous post in this thread.

Looks like the Keyhotee Founder ID registration server went down, and I believe this was probably your issue (Keyhotee queries that server to see if your founder id is registered). I looked at the commits and didn't see anything that should have caused a problem. Can you launch Keyhotee to see if it's reporting properly again now?

Offline Evan

• View Profile

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
    {"message":"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"}
    asio  asio.cpp:55 fc::asio::detail::error_handler
error connecting to 162.243.67.4:9876
    {"ep":"162.243.67.4:9876"}
    th_a  connection.cpp:194 bts::network::connection::connect
unable to connect to 162.243.67.4:9876
    {"ep":"162.243.67.4:9876"}
    th_a  server.cpp:257 bts::network::server::connect_to application.cpp:113
2588898ms       th_a   displayFailureInfo ] assert
c != current:
    {}
    th_a  thread_d.hpp:433 fc::thread_d::check_for_timeouts KeyhoteeApplication.cpp:212
2588899ms       th_a   displayFailureInfo ] fatal error assert
c != current:
    {}
    th_a  thread_d.hpp:433 fc::thread_d::check_for_timeouts KeyhoteeApplication.cpp:214

The client crashed after leaving it running for a while.  There's the end of the diagnostic log.

EDIT: Sorry, this is on the 0.5.2 release running on 64bit Windows 7.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:34:02 am by Troglodactyl »

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
-Typo-
Dialog Box: Create your Keyhotee Profile
Across from the Last Name field, the last line in the paragraph.
"identies" should be "identities"

Offline ronjohnson

• View Profile
Hang on 100% during profile creation still a problem for me.

We're releasing a fix for hang during profile creation that will probably fix your issue, unless you're building from source and built recently. We're planning to release the Windows binary late tomorrow, assuming no problems crop up.

thanks!

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile

We're releasing a fix for hang during profile creation that will probably fix your issue, unless you're building from source and built recently. We're planning to release the Windows binary late tomorrow, assuming no problems crop up.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
3) Keyhotee attempts to create a channel0 subdirectory in the current working directory, regardless of what that directory is.  This is a mild nuisance when the user has write access to the current working directory.  When the user does not have write access to the current working directory (for example, /usr on a Linux system), my profile cannot be unlocked even when I enter the correct login password.

Ok, I've filed an issue on this in github. Thx for the comprehensive reporting, it's appreciated.

Offline ronjohnson

• View Profile

Offline Evan

• View Profile
1) I tested sending a 650kb attachment to myself and successfully received it in my inbox.  Then I selected Diagnostic from the Help menu, and Keyhotee hangs, probably due to the massive amount of text shown on the console due to the attachment.

2) At first, I thought that there was no way to see from the main window that the message I sent to myself had an attachment, but it turns out on my Linux system that it's very hard to see the blue paperclip on a blue background when the message is selected.

3) Keyhotee attempts to create a channel0 subdirectory in the current working directory, regardless of what that directory is.  This is a mild nuisance when the user has write access to the current working directory.  When the user does not have write access to the current working directory (for example, /usr on a Linux system), my profile cannot be unlocked even when I enter the correct login password.

1963931ms th_a       LoginDialog.cpp:57            onLogin              ] error unspecified
Unable to create directories channel0/cache_chan_2
    {"path":"channel0/cache_chan_2","inner":"Dynamic exception type: N5boost10filesystem16filesystem_errorE\nstd::exception::what: boost::filesystem::create_directories: Permission denied: \"channel0\"\n"}
    th_a  filesystem.cpp:147 create_directories

{"config":{"data_dir":"/home/eblack/.local/share/KeyhoteeD/profiles/Evan Black/data","network_port":0,"rpc_config":{"port":0,"user":"","pass":""},"enable_upnp":false,"default_nodes":[],"default_mail_nodes":["162.243.67.4:7896"]}}
    th_a  application.cpp:273 configure

{}
    th_a  application.cpp:355 load_profile

I built Keyhotee from this git commit.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
I know this is just an Alpha release , but are you planning to keep this GUI  in the long run? I've lots of ideas to improve the usability and make it more attractive to the big crowd. If there are some new GUI screenshots available I'd love to see them as well.

By all means, we would love to see your ideas.

Ok I'm gonna work on those, since I got Keyhotee up and running it's a lot easier for me as well. Thiswas just being made as an alternative for the first screenshot which appeared somewhere , not really much thought went into this one though so I don't expect it to resurface again but it shows the basics of where I'd like to see it go.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:08:59 pm by GodsCreation »
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I know this is just an Alpha release , but are you planning to keep this GUI  in the long run? I've lots of ideas to improve the usability and make it more attractive to the big crowd. If there are some new GUI screenshots available I'd love to see them as well.

By all means, we would love to see your ideas. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
I've filed a github issue on this. What was hash of the commit that you built your latest version of Keyhotee from?