Author Topic: Alpha Keyhotee Bug Reporting in this thread.  (Read 162960 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
My keyhotee doesn't display "founderid",just "registered with 127.8 points"(I already received the mail “Keyhotee Founder ID Success!”),is this a bug?thx!
No, that means you've registered successfully.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline bulabu

• View Profile
My keyhotee doesn't display "founderid",just "registered with 127.8 points"(I already received the mail “Keyhotee Founder ID Success!”),is this a bug?thx!

Offline Evan

• View Profile
  • BitShares: evan
Question: regarding broadcasting e-mail in version 0.5.2. I cant seem to be able to send a message to broadcast emails. When pasting a public ID in the send slot nothing happens. The send button don't get active. Has any one of you guys managed to broadcast from this latest version? Send me a message: 5YXH8GvvBDLxu1tQJzHECEw7F8WynGeK21R863wRb9ksmHvzVd

Message sent.

I noticed the same behavor as you described in the Keyhotee client that I compiled yesterday (2014-01-20) on Linux; simply pasting your public key into the "To:" field in the Mail message window does not activate the send button.  I worked around this issue by adding your public key to a new contact, then putting that contact in the "To:" field.

I'm not sure if this would be considered a bug, but it's not what I would expect from an email client, where I can copy and paste an email address without adding it as a contact.  It might not be an issue once we are communicating using the actual Keyhotee IDs instead of public keys.

I did like you describe here and sent you a test message. Seams to work. Please respond when/if you see it.

Yes, I saw your message and replied to it in Keyhotee.  I'm glad that it works.

Offline Bitcoin3D

• Follow me: https://twitter.com/Bitcoin3D
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcoin3d
Question: regarding broadcasting e-mail in version 0.5.2. I cant seem to be able to send a message to broadcast emails. When pasting a public ID in the send slot nothing happens. The send button don't get active. Has any one of you guys managed to broadcast from this latest version? Send me a message: 5YXH8GvvBDLxu1tQJzHECEw7F8WynGeK21R863wRb9ksmHvzVd

Message sent.

I noticed the same behavor as you described in the Keyhotee client that I compiled yesterday (2014-01-20) on Linux; simply pasting your public key into the "To:" field in the Mail message window does not activate the send button.  I worked around this issue by adding your public key to a new contact, then putting that contact in the "To:" field.

I'm not sure if this would be considered a bug, but it's not what I would expect from an email client, where I can copy and paste an email address without adding it as a contact.  It might not be an issue once we are communicating using the actual Keyhotee IDs instead of public keys.

I did like you describe here and sent you a test message. Seams to work. Please respond when/if you see it.
Bitcoin address: 19uYMBnPFsho8HDKMedtHP4gLgjoD1q34F

Offline Evan

• View Profile

Message sent.

Offline Bitcoin3D

• Follow me: https://twitter.com/Bitcoin3D
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcoin3d
Bitcoin address: 19uYMBnPFsho8HDKMedtHP4gLgjoD1q34F

Offline Evan

• View Profile
Keyhotee is not compiling successfully for me at the moment.

Code: [Select]
[ 75%] Building CXX object BitShares/tests/CMakeFiles/timekeeper.dir/timekeeper_automoc.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable timekeeper
/home/eblack/tempfiles/keyhotee/src/keyhotee/BitShares/founder_reg_server/main.cpp: In constructor ‘record::record(std::string, std::string, double)’:
/home/eblack/tempfiles/keyhotee/src/keyhotee/BitShares/founder_reg_server/main.cpp:25:17: warning: ‘record::pub_key’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
     std::string pub_key;
                 ^

[/quote]
That'll be fixed soon, you caught me in the middle of some commits back forth between platforms, but it shouldn't matter anyways, that error only affects building the founder name registration database server (which isn't part of keyhotee really).

I confirm that Keyhotee is now compiling and running as expected.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile

[ 75%] Building CXX object BitShares/tests/CMakeFiles/timekeeper.dir/timekeeper_automoc.cpp.o
/home/eblack/tempfiles/keyhotee/src/keyhotee/BitShares/founder_reg_server/main.cpp: In constructor ‘record::record(std::string, std::string, double)’:
/home/eblack/tempfiles/keyhotee/src/keyhotee/BitShares/founder_reg_server/main.cpp:25:17: warning: ‘record::pub_key’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
                 ^

[/quote]
That'll be fixed soon, you caught me in the middle of some commits back forth between platforms, but it shouldn't matter anyways, that error only affects building the founder name registration database server (which isn't part of keyhotee really).

Offline Evan

• View Profile

^
/home/eblack/tempfiles/keyhotee/src/keyhotee/BitShares/founder_reg_server/main.cpp:24:15: warning:   ‘double record::points’ [-Wreorder]
     double    points;
               ^
/home/eblack/tempfiles/keyhotee/src/keyhotee/BitShares/founder_reg_server/main.cpp:21:5: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
     record( std::string k, std::string public_key, double p) : key(k), pub_key(public_key), points(p) {}
     ^
/home/eblack/tempfiles/keyhotee/src/keyhotee/BitShares/founder_reg_server/main.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
/home/eblack/tempfiles/keyhotee/src/keyhotee/BitShares/founder_reg_server/main.cpp:46:65: error: ‘count’ was not declared in this scope
             int num_commas = count(line.begin(), line.end(), ',');
                                                                 ^
BitShares/founder_reg_server/CMakeFiles/name_reg_server.dir/build.make:57: recipe for target 'BitShares/founder_reg_server/CMakeFiles/name_reg_server.dir/main.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [BitShares/founder_reg_server/CMakeFiles/name_reg_server.dir/main.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1253: recipe for target 'BitShares/founder_reg_server/CMakeFiles/name_reg_server.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [BitShares/founder_reg_server/CMakeFiles/name_reg_server.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 75%] Building CXX object BitShares/tests/CMakeFiles/bitshares_test.dir/bitshares_test_automoc.cpp.o
[ 75%] Built target timekeeper
Linking CXX executable bitshares_test
[ 75%] Built target bitshares_test
Makefile:116: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

keyhotee git commit - 82f76ca5aa8af73791f8820f279a6df5975b6df3
BitShares git commit - 4bd411b7cc2b7972d92e0bf6d3d28ef1c2286eba
fc git commit - c72ed39acdbfe8dd3b6dde76dd7ebd3e847d0bfc

Offline Evan

• View Profile
keyhotee git commit - e786efe4e36d5464febfc951ed559076043c8a47
BitShares git commit - d5d48b24b65afd4db7985370ce61547485ab71e0
fc git commit - 90deb63fcdce7309fae111caf5e7bac5e72ee983

Keyhotee hangs indefinitely after I unlock my profile but before the main window is displayed.

Tail end of console output (since I cannot access Diagnostic from the Help menu without the main window):
925002ms th_a       application.cpp:259           configure            ] configure bitchat client
925025ms th_a       application.cpp:263           configure            ] configuring rpc_server
925026ms th_a       rpc_server.cpp:245            configure            ] listening for rpc connections on port 0
925026ms th_a       rpc_server.cpp:247            configure            ] listening for rpc connections on port 53197
925026ms th_a       application.cpp:266           configure            ] done configuring rpc_server
925027ms th_a       application.cpp:268           configure            ] end application::configure
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionShow_details_toggled(bool)
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to Mailbox "inbox_page", which already has a layout
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionShow_details_toggled(bool)
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to ContactsTable "contacts_page", which already has a layout
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
925296ms th_a       AddressBookModel.cpp:356      reloadContacts       ] loading contacts...
925297ms th_a       AddressBookModel.cpp:356      reloadContacts       ] loading contacts...

I re-tried unlocking this profile today with the same result of hanging indefinitely.  I moved the hanging profile to another directory and re-created my profile and ID without experiencing any hang between unlocking my profile and displaying the main window.

I have saved the hanging profile just in case a potential solution needs testing in the future.

I have also successfully sent and received messages between profiles using different public keys and cannot reproduce the issue of duplicate messages in my inbox.

Offline ronjohnson

• View Profile
Got it! Thanks!

I keep checking back to see if the new alpha release for keyhotee is out but I'm not quite sure where it will be posted.

So, I'm asking again. I'm having the 100% profile issue.
This was released a couple days ago:
I've uploaded new Keyhotee alpha 2 release binary for Windows to:
 http://invictus.io/bin/keyhotee_0.5.2.zip

The main focus for this release was fixing bugs associated with profile creation and loading, including problems related to network issues and foreign language characters. It also has better reporting of successful registration of Keyhotee Founder IDs (previously this could only be checked when creating an identity, now this info is persistently available in the contact info page for that identity). We plan to release a linux binary in a few days, assuming no major problems are reported in the interim.

Offline Evan

• View Profile
keyhotee git commit - e786efe4e36d5464febfc951ed559076043c8a47
BitShares git commit - d5d48b24b65afd4db7985370ce61547485ab71e0
fc git commit - 90deb63fcdce7309fae111caf5e7bac5e72ee983

Keyhotee hangs indefinitely after I unlock my profile but before the main window is displayed.

Tail end of console output (since I cannot access Diagnostic from the Help menu without the main window):
925002ms th_a       application.cpp:259           configure            ] configure bitchat client
925025ms th_a       application.cpp:263           configure            ] configuring rpc_server
925026ms th_a       rpc_server.cpp:245            configure            ] listening for rpc connections on port 0
925026ms th_a       rpc_server.cpp:247            configure            ] listening for rpc connections on port 53197
925026ms th_a       application.cpp:266           configure            ] done configuring rpc_server
925027ms th_a       application.cpp:268           configure            ] end application::configure
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to Mailbox "inbox_page", which already has a layout
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to ContactsTable "contacts_page", which already has a layout
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
925296ms th_a       AddressBookModel.cpp:356      reloadContacts       ] loading contacts...
925297ms th_a       AddressBookModel.cpp:356      reloadContacts       ] loading contacts...

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
I keep checking back to see if the new alpha release for keyhotee is out but I'm not quite sure where it will be posted.

This was released a couple days ago:
I've uploaded new Keyhotee alpha 2 release binary for Windows to:
 http://invictus.io/bin/keyhotee_0.5.2.zip

The main focus for this release was fixing bugs associated with profile creation and loading, including problems related to network issues and foreign language characters. It also has better reporting of successful registration of Keyhotee Founder IDs (previously this could only be checked when creating an identity, now this info is persistently available in the contact info page for that identity). We plan to release a linux binary in a few days, assuming no major problems are reported in the interim.

Offline ronjohnson

• View Profile

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Opening Keyhotee again, the Inbox shows several duplicates of messages that I received during my last Keyhotee session approximately one hour ago, all with the same received time as the original messages.  I estimate 5-6 duplicate messages.

I closed and re-opened Keyhotee, and now I counted 52 (!) duplicate messages, again all with the same received time as the original messages.

I closed and re-opened Keyhotee a third time, and now I count approximately 139 duplicate messages with the same received time.
It sounds similar to an issue that Bytemaster reported to me today and that he thinks is likely caused by a bug that causes the client to refetch mail it's already fetched. I'll file an issue on github for it and we'll investigate it soon.