Author Topic: Alpha Keyhotee Bug Reporting in this thread.  (Read 164091 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile

I updated the details in the issue link you gave me. But what about my another issue?

These problems still exist:
1. Every time I launch the application, it receives several mails (the same ones every time) which are marked unread.
We've had a github issue open for this one for a bit, as it's been reported in the past. But it's an intermittent bug that's hard to duplicate (and therefore hard to debug). Once you get it, it repeats, but we haven't had it occur on our systems lately to debug it. We certainly haven't forgot it, we consider it a high priority issue.

You can get my public key in my signature. Have you ever checked it in your server's blockchain? I think we need to figure out whether the issue is caused in sender or blockchain server or receiver (my client).
I've been analyzing the relevant code for the past two days, and I *think* I know the problem and a solution. It's going to require a minor tweak to the mail server, so I'm going to make the change tomorrow when I'm better rested (working thru a cold for a couple of days).

+5%
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow

I updated the details in the issue link you gave me. But what about my another issue?

1. Every time I launch the application, it receives several mails (the same ones every time) which are marked unread.
We've had a github issue open for this one for a bit, as it's been reported in the past. But it's an intermittent bug that's hard to duplicate (and therefore hard to debug). Once you get it, it repeats, but we haven't had it occur on our systems lately to debug it. We certainly haven't forgot it, we consider it a high priority issue.

You can get my public key in my signature. Have you ever checked it in your server's blockchain? I think we need to figure out whether the issue is caused in sender or blockchain server or receiver (my client).
I've been analyzing the relevant code for the past two days, and I *think* I know the problem and a solution. It's going to require a minor tweak to the mail server, so I'm going to make the change tomorrow when I'm better rested (working thru a cold for a couple of days).
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
For all you Mac OS testers out there, just saw this post in another thread by drekrob:
The jenkins server we are setting up already supplies nightly builds for mac and linux here:
ftp://178.63.85.22/
Would be nice to get some feedback if they run, cause i can only test them on the build server. If any dependencies are missing i would not notice as they are installed there.

Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
ok... i was using 05.3 and i am on windows... (idiot..)

05.05 shows now correcly my points  :)..

I am still sending out messages to godscreation and phoenix and it goes to bytemyster. i have added coolspeed and it shows that it went to gods creation... should i delete all of the contacts and restart? is it a known bug that it will be fixed so i shouldn't bother sending out emails until new version?

Actually i am not sure who receives my emails since no one replied... :(
We've determine that a bug crept in to 5.5 related to address completion, that's why these messages are going to wrong destination. We've fixed the code in github, and we're making a binary release (0.5.6) on Monday with the fix. I definitely wouldn't bother sending out emails until that version.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
ok... i was using 05.3 and i am on windows... (idiot..)

05.05 shows now correcly my points  :)..

I am still sending out messages to godscreation and phoenix and it goes to bytemyster. i have added coolspeed and it shows that it went to gods creation... should i delete all of the contacts and restart? is it a known bug that it will be fixed so i shouldn't bother sending out emails until new version?

Actually i am not sure who receives my emails since no one replied... :(

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Brain wallet doesn't depend on DOB? I just used two different dates and got the same public key...
Hi toast,

Yes, I tested it myself and you're correct. Passport/driver's license also didn't affect it. I've committed a new version of this dialog that removes these fields, since it's just extra work for no purpose to enter this info, plus it's confusing. So now it's just first, middle, last name, brainwallet key, and password that are accepted.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:28:14 am by dannotestein »

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
The random sending pattern reported in #98  & #106 is Version 0.5.5
It looks like this problem was caused by a small "fix" that was introduced in 0.5.5. It was supposed to make a slight improvement to the code that auto-completes email addresses, but it had some unintended consequences. The completer code has been totally overhauled and this bug was fixed as part of that, so a version built from github will have the fix.

We'll put up a new binary release with the fix soon, we're just holding off until after the 28th, since I want to keep the focus on Founder registration until then, and the current release binary has no known bugs related to founder registration.

Offline CalabiYau

The random sending pattern reported in #98  & #106 is Version 0.5.5

Offline yellowecho

Keyhotee is bugging out for me.

I sent myself a message and the app shut down unexpectedly.  It seems to be stuck in a loop or something now.  Every time I open the app, it retrieves a new copy of the message then closes itself again. ???
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Brain wallet doesn't depend on DOB? I just used two different dates and got the same public key...
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Hi,

I am using now the latest Kehottee version 05.3 and my status still appears unregistered.
In addition something strange is happening. I have sent an email with kehotee to Phoenix to Godscreation and it shows that it went to Phoenix. I have sent an email to Phoenix it shows that it went to bytemaster, I have sent an email to all three of them and no one replied... When I sent the emails I have send them by putting their names not their key as i have all three of them in my contact list, but the emails appear confused...

Any ideas? My status is still showing unregistered although Stan confirmed a long time ago that I am all set up. Am I still registered and I should't worry about it? Also can you please clarify by beeing a kehotee founder how many AGS i will receive with my points? Do I receive anything else or only AGS? When is the estimated release date?

Thank you very much for your help.

My kehotee key is: 6gxDKJFw7MsCuHeQwArCQhfD6MnkHW9D7hfrUUeuFHos6oHSiL
Are you using 0.5.3 as you indicated above? If so, this could be the problem, as there was a change in message formats between 0.5.3 to 0.5.5 (compression of message was added, which changed decoding of messages slightly). I think this is very likely the root cause of this issue.

Possibly you're on Linux? Anyways, this has got me thinking, so we'll get out a Linux binary soon of 0.5.5, since if this is what is causing this bug, a new Linux binary is a higher priority than I was previously thinking.

In answer to your question about your Founder ID, it's properly registered in database with this key, so you're set to go.

As far as AGS distribution goes, I think Stan sent you separate msg with info about it, since this is somewhat outside of my area.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hi,

I am using now the latest Kehottee version 05.3 and my status still appears unregistered.
In addition something strange is happening. I have sent an email with kehotee to Phoenix to Godscreation and it shows that it went to Phoenix. I have sent an email to Phoenix it shows that it went to bytemaster, I have sent an email to all three of them and no one replied... When I sent the emails I have send them by putting their names not their key as i have all three of them in my contact list, but the emails appear confused...

Any ideas? My status is still showing unregistered although Stan confirmed a long time ago that I am all set up. Am I still registered and I should't worry about it? Also can you please clarify by beeing a kehotee founder how many AGS i will receive with my points? Do I receive anything else or only AGS? When is the estimated release date?

Thank you very much for your help.

My kehotee key is: 6gxDKJFw7MsCuHeQwArCQhfD6MnkHW9D7hfrUUeuFHos6oHSiL

Offline CalabiYau

This msg from aloha, he was receiving all 3 mails sent to Dan.
His client showed some confusion too:

The explanation from coolspeed seems legit to me. Wait for the update.