Author Topic: Open Beta: Testing the Tip/Sharebot Today @ Noon!  (Read 88248 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
can we keep this thread about beta testing a product and do something productive for once?

why test, something that should not exist, in the first place?

You can test tipping BTS, or you also think BTS tipping should not exist?

Testz, you are the man who discovered BTS tipping... but I think these guys find it....no first class, or something

Ask them why?

[I got a ton of consecutive lies when I asked myself...your time now]

I don't think what I can understand you correctly: "but I think these guys find it....no first class, or something. Ask them why?"
So don't expect me to answer such questions.  :)

All I say is - I asked them why they do not want to tip in BTS.

A ton of consecutive lies followed.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:09:36 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline testz

can we keep this thread about beta testing a product and do something productive for once?

Testz, you are the man who discovered BTS tipping... but I think these guys find it....no first class, or something

Ask them why?

I don't think what I can understand you correctly: "but I think these guys find it....no first class, or something. Ask them why?"
So don't expect me to answer such questions.  :)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Ask them why?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

It's Tony's opinion, not FUD. This forum was built on free speech. I've seen plenty of FUD before and his posts definitely do not fit that definition. Sometimes, he makes it more seem more personal than it should. But like all of us, he wants to see BitShares succeed and is a bit frustrated, I think, by some of the peripheral projects he views as a waste of time and effort. Personally, I think Fuzzy does a great job as an ambassador. At the same time, he does cast a pretty wide net and is on a permanent quest to build bridges when some in the community might not agree that those bridges are always helpful. Whether I agree or not with the criticism, it should be quite acceptable to question whether all activity really brings about productivity/value. And there may be a difference in how we define productivity/value as well.

Free speech and constructive criticism is at the crux of any good collaborative effort, but misusing the powers they give you.. that's what leads to resentment.
I am glad to have TonyK here giving us inputs, but so far I've not seen any positive sentiment from him, anywhere, which kind of makes me a bit worried.

Regards

If nor I , neither anybody else  gives you a positive input this SHOULD make you worry!....and hopefully you  come to the realization that you should improve an aspect...or two.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
is there a way for the bot to use the @mention system? or does it send out a PM?

Offline testz

Offline fuzzy

Trust me im not naive.  Just have learned if you dont take measured chances to build what you know should exist...it will either never be built...or someone else will build it in a way you disagree with.  So my team and I keep trucking...and trying to help bitshares to the best of our abilities. 

Speaking of which, today...same bat time same bat channel.  Join us and learn how to use the new set of pretty tools freebies is bringing us!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

aka We are testing the grounds of its existence here as well.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:44:06 am by tonyk »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
It's Tony's opinion, not FUD. This forum was built on free speech. I've seen plenty of FUD before and his posts definitely do not fit that definition. Sometimes, he makes it more seem more personal than it should. But like all of us, he wants to see BitShares succeed and is a bit frustrated, I think, by some of the peripheral projects he views as a waste of time and effort. Personally, I think Fuzzy does a great job as an ambassador. At the same time, he does cast a pretty wide net and is on a permanent quest to build bridges when some in the community might not agree that those bridges are always helpful. Whether I agree or not with the criticism, it should be quite acceptable to question whether all activity really brings about productivity/value. And there may be a difference in how we define productivity/value as well.

Well, my opinions [aside from being  truthful], put a stick in their wheel (or what ever the phrase is) so they have to come up with some bad terms to describe me..... FUD is a popular term of late in forums like this so why not,  they say.

"I think Fuzzy does a great job as an ambassador" - I do too! Unfortunately his passion and naivety, also attracts the best of scams out there.... and he thinks this is an accusation. While I believe it is praise.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:33:06 am by tonyk »

Offline fuzzy

All i can say is that you will never make everyone happy. You could take all youve worked for all your life and give it away and still some people would find a way to put you down for not doing it precisely "right" by their standards. 

While i see complaining...what keeps me going is the knowledge that most people have never had to actually organize a decentralized community and so they have missed out on a fundamental aspect of what makes this effort valuable. 

Just because some do not want to open up a wallet to get brownies, im sure my brother would be far more likely to open up a wallet to redeem them.  Because his trust and knowledge of me  creates value.  Trust begets interaction...trust(and contract==forced trust) based interaction is the foundation of a true economy...well that and the roadways commerce is delivered upon.

So while some complain, i will continue working with you guys to help make it easier for our community members who do value productive interaction and they can drag the naysayers kicking and screaming...to a place where they will sigh and realize all they ever needed, was a hug (and a brownie) ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:26:23 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Free speech and constructive criticism is at the crux of any good collaborative effort, but misusing the powers they give you.. that's what leads to resentment.
I am glad to have TonyK here giving us inputs, but so far I've not seen any positive sentiment from him, anywhere, which kind of makes me a bit worried.

Regards

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline kuro112

Hey, hey, kuro. You have the right idea, but lay off my man, tonyk. No FUD. He's always well-intentioned, if a bit opinionated.
Tony, the reason tipping hasn't worked is that people get like 2 cents' worth of a junk crypto, which doesn't make it worth anybody's time to download a wallet, etc. If somebody gets $1 or more, some will pay attention. But it really must be a worthwhile medium (like BTS or GOLD) or else it won't work. I would only use it when someone has already expressed interest, kind of like a gift faucet. Do these tips expire if no one claims them?

his signature is fud alone, not to mention he follows up everything fuzzy posts with the negative counter argument, and is unwilling to join us in a public debate to defend his arguments.

i dont think one can describe those actions as well-intentioned, and anywhere he posts with FUD i will call him out on it.

your right however that the currency some one is tipped needs to be worth it, i think tipping a UIA however to a user on say twitter would make them check out open ledger and pop open a wallet to liquidate the brownie for bitcoins.

I think what needs to be noted is that we're only laying the ground work for a much larger system.
Yes, tipping is in the core, but the user cases and implications are much larger.
Admittedly , this change in mass consumption happens one step at a time and that is what we are vying for.
We are laying down the bricks / foundations for the actual stuff.

Its hard to break it down when you look at short term profitability. We are working on the viability of things.
Admittedly our "cash burn" for the project, has been much lower than any other projects of similar stature and am sure anyone that's worked on the financials of the project with us can vouch on it.

P.s - IMO, its time we built products that truly went "beyond bitcoin" - as in, our target markets should no longer solely focus on the crypto community but gamers, bankers, businesses, and your average internet users. What we have here is the "backbone". What we need now, is the face or the user experience that makes it worth a switch to the end user.

Regards

amen brother
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
I think what needs to be noted is that we're only laying the ground work for a much larger system.
Yes, tipping is in the core, but the user cases and implications are much larger.
Admittedly , this change in mass consumption happens one step at a time and that is what we are vying for.
We are laying down the bricks / foundations for the actual stuff.

Its hard to break it down when you look at short term profitability. We are working on the viability of things.
Admittedly our "cash burn" for the project, has been much lower than any other projects of similar stature and am sure anyone that's worked on the financials of the project with us can vouch on it.

P.s - IMO, its time we built products that truly went "beyond bitcoin" - as in, our target markets should no longer solely focus on the crypto community but gamers, bankers, businesses, and your average internet users. What we have here is the "backbone". What we need now, is the face or the user experience that makes it worth a switch to the end user.

Regards