Author Topic: 100 PTS - ProtoShares-Qt wallet that will send change to a specified [PAID]  (Read 3762 times)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Can you put it on github?

Make an account, click "fork" on the I3 protoshares repo.
Code: [Select]
git clone <YOUR protoshares repo>
## make your changes
git add -u
git commit -m "coincontrol"
git push

i do have an account but eveytime i have tied pushing Protoshares it refuses, everything else works except Protoshares.

:(
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
That's really weird, are you sure you are working in your own ProtoShares fork and not the I3 one? Also try re-cloning
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
That's really weird, are you sure you are working in your own ProtoShares fork and not the I3 one? Also try re-cloning

tried re-cloning again but it's no use, i have tried all the available braches, but it refuses. I need to get a dedicated linux box next month, windows is just too complicated. 

Offline toast

• View Profile

tried re-cloning again but it's no use, i have tried all the available braches, but it refuses. I need to get a dedicated linux box next month, windows is just too complicated.

What do you mean "all available"? Did you fork ProtoShares first? Is the repo url "github.com/<your github username>/ProtoShares.git"?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
yes, i forked protoshares properly.

mine shows these branches

master
freenode-verf
and psforkinit

Offline toast

• View Profile
What error do you get when you try to push?

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
What error do you get when you try to push?

"failed to sync this branch"

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
never mind, got one up now. https://github.com/Nameshar/Proto-coincontrol

can someone help me test this?
This is a huge change in the client and protocol how transactions are processed.

I think this topic is worth ~ 500 PTS. A good approach would be to implement the experimental coin control from bitcoin client.

Read more on "bitcoin coin control" on google.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144331.0
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/2343

It should just be replacing the change address and nothing on the protocol layer.   I will up the bounty slightly.

lol i wish.

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
I can do it. what do you need?

Download, compile, test transaction? Will I be refund if I lose PTS?   ;D

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
The source does not compile...

https://gist.github.com/donSchoe/8267693

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
removed
static const unsigned int MAX_INV_SZ = 50000; from main.h unsure how to proceed with

main.h:615:11: error: default argument missing for parameter 3 of ‘int64 CTransaction::GetMinFee(unsigned int, bool, unsigned int, GetMinFee_mode) const’
any ideas?

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
What are you trying to achieve with this? MemoryCoin always sends change to the default or first key in the wallet - quite a small code change to do that, but why the need to specify the key?
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
a user requested the ability to specify which address his change goes to and the bounty was created.

Offline bytemaster

What are you trying to achieve with this? MemoryCoin always sends change to the default or first key in the wallet - quite a small code change to do that, but why the need to specify the key?

I am surprised you do this with memory coin, it means that all of your transactions are linked and easily tracked.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

I am surprised you do this with memory coin, it means that all of your transactions are linked and easily tracked.

Yes - there's a usability/anonymity trade off there. For MC, it's necessary for voting to have coins stored on a single address.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher