Author Topic: Now is a good time to tell people about BTS.  (Read 7225 times)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
I would have to quote everything you've written here @luckybit, but y'all can scroll back and read it again.
I could not have said it better, and I hope people will take all those words to heart.

I know I was not alone in the enthusiasm which swept through the nascent community when the possibilities of this project shown more brightly than all obstacles.  In hindsight I see where I let my expectations or excitement get the best of me, but luckybit hit the nail on the head... we're in the "BitShares is dead" phase... lmfao!  Thanks for the lulz!  :P Long live BitShares!

This is a project that commands some passion, after all.  We're not talking about building a better wheel here, but something more akin to the development of the wheel the first time around, which (it often goes without saying in these parts) is kind of a big deal.  All the bean counters in the room sometimes make me have to do a crazy test.  Apparently we must continually articulate the magnitude of what is being built here.

It's as if Nikola Tesla gave us free energy 6-12 months ahead of the competition and some people only complained about the lack of documentation, or that it's not configured properly yet, or that Tesla is a shitty marketer... ok well, get in there and document the thing! Bring more folks onboard to help out!! 

Thank heavens for the dedicated souls who are playing this role with BitShares!

It's as if a new world were discovered, and word was sent back from the early explorers that it was rich with unimaginable bounty, to which their distant council responds with a letter reprimanding the vanguards for not having fully exploited every available resource the moment they made landfall.

And I suppose it's a bit like the finger pointing at the moon.

All I really have to add is... Don't let the swamp of sadness get to you... don't be Artax!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nshO5Uo0OFk

To all those working to make this project more valuable each and every day, respect.

Offline KD

• View Profile

When you tell people about BTS try to tell the people who don't want a quick profit. If they want a quick profit probably should stay away from BTC also because BTC is way down from 2014 or 2013.

When you tell people about BTS you have to tell them that it could take possibly 3-5 years before they get ROI. This is because Bitcoin and all the altcoins are in red. The people who bought Bitcoin for $700-1000 are upset and think they lost their money so they aren't buying right now.

But the smart investors are buying right now.  As for BTS, at it's peak it was under $100 million, but even Litecoin was higher than $100 million, even Dogecoin was $77 million, and they offered really no technological innovation, and very limited utility.

But to sustain you need to build an ecosystem, not just tell people to buy Bitshares, but you have to tell people to support Bitshares, which is very different. To support Bitshares you have to bring value to it, using whatever it is that you have to offer. You have ideas to improve Bitshares? Share them. You can write code? Contribute. You speak 20 languages? Translate. You can do marketing? Tell people about the opportunities Bitshares offers.

When marketing Bitshares you don't just tell people to buy Bitshares. You have to show people the opportunities it current offers, you have to let them demo Bitshares, you have to prove Bitshares is an opportunity by actually profiting from the ecosystem yourself, and then when you tell them to buy Bitshares they'll know they are buying into an ecosystem and not just a shitcoin.

For people who understand why I said to tell people about BTS now, then you understand what you have to do.

For people who don't understand, I would say if you'd like to sell your BTS at these cheap prices go ahead. The people I tell about BTS will get in even cheaper and the profit will go to them instead.

Excellent.

Offline Louis

+5% +5% Thanks Luckybit, that's what I told the couple of people before they invested in BTS.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
last year I told people about BTS. they lost lots of money.

maybe these words will also be correct at this time next year.

that's why I'm afraid to tell people about BTS.
me too.
bullshit!

When you tell people about BTS try to tell the people who don't want a quick profit. If they want a quick profit probably should stay away from BTC also because BTC is way down from 2014 or 2013.

When you tell people about BTS you have to tell them that it could take possibly 3-5 years before they get ROI. This is because Bitcoin and all the altcoins are in red. The people who bought Bitcoin for $700-1000 are upset and think they lost their money so they aren't buying right now.

But the smart investors are buying right now.  As for BTS, at it's peak it was under $100 million, but even Litecoin was higher than $100 million, even Dogecoin was $77 million, and they offered really no technological innovation, and very limited utility.

But to sustain you need to build an ecosystem, not just tell people to buy Bitshares, but you have to tell people to support Bitshares, which is very different. To support Bitshares you have to bring value to it, using whatever it is that you have to offer. You have ideas to improve Bitshares? Share them. You can write code? Contribute. You speak 20 languages? Translate. You can do marketing? Tell people about the opportunities Bitshares offers.

When marketing Bitshares you don't just tell people to buy Bitshares. You have to show people the opportunities it current offers, you have to let them demo Bitshares, you have to prove Bitshares is an opportunity by actually profiting from the ecosystem yourself, and then when you tell them to buy Bitshares they'll know they are buying into an ecosystem and not just a shitcoin.

For people who understand why I said to tell people about BTS now, then you understand what you have to do.

For people who don't understand, I would say if you'd like to sell your BTS at these cheap prices go ahead. The people I tell about BTS will get in even cheaper and the profit will go to them instead.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 05:02:41 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
As much as a want to tell people about Bitshares, i haven't. You forget, we are on the cutting edge and willing to make mistakes and lose money (as much as it hurts). Most of the people I would recommend are not crypto-computer-liberty-nerds. They are not going to have the patience to deal with all the issues. The people who need this the most are the ppl who can't afford to lose money on alpha testing. They need a rock solid product.

After spending five minutes on the site, any newcomer should be saying, "Oh, that's how it works!." instead of "What the #$@% is this??"

I want to fight the power not the code.

How would you lose money if you're not day trading? If you invested in a stock sometimes it's lower than when you bought into it because you got in at the wrong time. This could happen with any stock.

Inexperienced short term investors typically only think about the next 3 months, or even the next week or few hours, but that's not a good strategy for long term investing. Bitshares has existed only since 2014, which means it's only 1 year in.

Facebook stock didn't look too good one year in. The point is most of the time when you're dealing with 1.0 or 2.0 you're going to have bugs. The beta testers are basically us.

Bitshares 2.0 is beta level right now, but still of high enough utility to be useful right now and this utility will only increase over time. If you don't tell people about it now then you'll only be telling short term speculators who will get in during a bubble and pay a whole lot.

In investing it's about buy low sell high, not buy high and sell low. Remember Bitcoin is dead? This is the time where people are saying altcoins are dead and are all shitcoins, and all of the prices of all altcoins are looking pathetic, but that doesn't mean the altcoins aren't valuable.

Bitcoin is also cheap compared to where it was in 2013. Imagine how much money hedge funds and others have lost over the course of 2014 and 2015? Yet people in Bitcoin are still telling people to buy Bitcoins. I think the Bitshares community has a lot less confidence in their technology, which means there should be more active support of Bitshares, starting businesses, contributing code, buying Metafees or investing in associated startups.

The way you bring more value is to invest in the startups around Bitshares just like the Bitcoin community does when Bitcoin price goes down. Remember what 2014 and 2015 have been about for Bitcoin? It was about VCs investing billions of dollars into Bitcoin even though Bitcoin itself is only worth less than 5 billion dollars during that time.

Bitshares is worth 8 million right now. Where are the VCs? If there are no VCs then where are the crowd fund campaigns, and will you support the worker proposals? If the answer is yes then Bitshares will continue to build.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:52:51 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gunailei

• View Profile

me too.
bullshit!

Offline Pheonike

As much as a want to tell people about Bitshares, i haven't. You forget, we are on the cutting edge and willing to make mistakes and lose money (as much as it hurts). Most of the people I would recommend are not crypto-computer-liberty-nerds. They are not going to have the patience to deal with all the issues. The people who need this the most are the ppl who can't afford to lose money on alpha testing. They need a rock solid product.

After spending five minutes on the site, any newcomer should be saying, "Oh, that's how it works!." instead of "What the #$@% is this??"

I want to fight the power not the code.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:36:24 am by Pheonike »

Offline wallace

• View Profile

give me money, I will do...

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
The point I was making in the OP is that short term speculators are the only people who don't see opportunities in these low prices. If you're trying to market Bitshares to people who can buy and hold, you would want to recommend it to them when Bitshares is at it's cheapest because when the price goes up you look like a prophet.

Just like some people recommended people buy Bitcoin when it was $2-3 and not when it was $30. In fact that is when you all should have bought. Now Bitshares is underpriced for it's utility so now is a time to buy.

The main issue Bitshares has is that the features which bring in liquidity haven't been finished. The bond market, prediction market, margin trading, and unique UIAs, have not been developed yet.

If you want to increase the value of your Bitshares then you need to now start businesses and actually use the UIAs in equity crowd funds, or in new kinds of crowd sales. You have to bring value to Bitshares by bringing exclusive opportunities to Bitshares users and holders, and no one else.

Brownies can bring opportunity if we share drop on them, but at the same time I encourage each and every person to have their own token, and to sharedrop on your token any chance you get, as a way to bring value to Bitshares itself. Only people who have Bitshares could hold any of these tokens so if we start sharedropping on different tokens you can have more value.

But it has to also be made easy to sharedrop. Crowd sales have to be made easier. Crowd funding has to be made easy. Acquire as many Bitshares as you can and then bring as much value to them as you can by your own decisions. The value of Bitshares comes from the community backing it so the price is where it is because either not enough value has been created around it or the world hasn't discovered the value created.

If Bitshares is useful, can do things no other decentralized exchange can do, or has a lot of community exclusives, that is all that is necessary. Only Bitshares holders get the invite, only Brownie holders get the invite. Only the holders of your own token get the invite.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:37:11 am by luckybit »

Offline Pheonike

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
100 free brownies for the fastest one to claim.  :)

kuro112 has tipped you 100 BROWNIE.PTS, please go here to claim it: http://btstip.io/Home/Claim?cid=312&code=QzDhSmlkrIKkXLqg
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://btstip.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey kuro112, your tips have been queued to get sent to...
  • tonyk: 100 BROWNIE.PTS
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://btstip.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline kuro112

Personally, I've been burned too many times by BitShares to tell anyone else about it until v4.0 (or whatever release finally settles on a way of doing things and sticks with it).

I've grown tired of defending BTS, grown tired of explaining that what I said last week no longer applies, grown tired of trying to explain why things changed, why the wallet doesn't work, why they lost their funds, why the price is dropping after they purchased, why, why why ... I'm done. 

It was a full-time job with no pay, no fun and nothing but ruined relationships with people I brought on-board waaaay too soon and that's my fault alone.

When a stable release comes out that has a solid plan behind it that won't change any time soon, I will then resume telling people about BitShares.

So no, I completely disagree 10,000% with your assessment.

Now is not the time, December & January are not the time and no time in the near future will be the time to tell anyone you know about BitShares, unless you love punishment.

FWIW, I've made out quite well riding this volatility, but many others who don't have the time or desire to sit, watch and trade all day haven't ... as this forum can attest.

Disclaimer : Those are my opinions. If you can't handle opposing opinions, enter the letters "FUD" below to show everyone that you can't think for yourself, you're over invested, butthurt and have no solid reasoning to be defending BTS right now as well.

wow tuck?  :o  You are turning into me  :( ...not good not good.
the post itself mainly, but including the making money from the volatility part :)

But the fun part is just about to begin 
I can already taste the brownies fiasco getting closer and closer   ;)

oh wow im shocked to see tony FUD on another post...

#btstip tonyk 100 BROWNIE.PTS

thanks for your input pal!

I think OP is right, nows the time guys!
Personally im taking advantage of the price low and buying in, as well as using the fee restructure to plan some exciting changes to help bitshares adoption,
I could use some ideas on ways for businesses i work with to adopt bts though, any input?
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Personally, I've been burned too many times by BitShares to tell anyone else about it until v4.0 (or whatever release finally settles on a way of doing things and sticks with it).

I've grown tired of defending BTS, grown tired of explaining that what I said last week no longer applies, grown tired of trying to explain why things changed, why the wallet doesn't work, why they lost their funds, why the price is dropping after they purchased, why, why why ... I'm done. 

It was a full-time job with no pay, no fun and nothing but ruined relationships with people I brought on-board waaaay too soon and that's my fault alone.

When a stable release comes out that has a solid plan behind it that won't change any time soon, I will then resume telling people about BitShares.

Now is not the time, December & January are not the time and no time in the near future will be the time to tell anyone you know about BitShares, unless you love punishment.

FWIW, I've made out quite well riding this volatility, but many others who don't have the time or desire to sit, watch and trade all day haven't ... as this forum can attest.

Disclaimer : Those are my opinions. If you can't handle opposing opinions, enter the letters "FUD" below to show everyone that you can't think for yourself, you're over invested, butthurt and have no solid reasoning to be defending BTS right now as well.

wow tuck?  :o  You are turning into me  :( ...not good not good.
the post itself mainly, but including the making money from the volatility part :)

But the fun part is just about to begin 
I can already taste the brownies fiasco getting closer and closer   ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:55:16 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Tuck Fheman