Author Topic: Stealth mode  (Read 2283 times)

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
Maybe call it incognito mode like Google does in Chrome.
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
From what I know you will be able to transfer an unknown amount to an unknown receiver (you and the receiver will know of course.) and there is something called blind account. But I dont have any more details. I think we are going to need tons of tutorials on bitshares' functionalities.

It would be cool to actually have a stealth mode like you're mentioning so people can enable or disable it at will. That way people won't make public transactions that were supposed to be private. Then a simple prompt pop up asking "are you sure you want to make this transaction with stealth mode on/off?" and we're set. That would be nice, helps preventing mistaken transactions.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitacer

From what I know you will be able to transfer an unknown amount to an unknown receiver (you and the receiver will know of course.) and there is something called blind account. But I dont have any more details. I think we are going to need tons of tutorials on bitshares' functionalities.

Offline ncinic

• View Profile
What is stealth mode? What does it actually mean?

Will my account not be visible to other people?

How come you can be stealthy in CLI

Tuck Fheman

this should be one of the top priorities , it will attract so many users. I must say that this will do  more than referral reward program. That I am for sure 100%. Dont you think ?

I agree especially since Zerocoin is back in the news.

Offline bitacer

this should be one of the top priorities , it will attract so many users. I must say that this will do  more than referral reward program. That I am for sure 100%. Dont you think ?

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Hey , is there a plan to enable the capability in the gui ?

Yes, question is when.

Much needed functionality. Sure, it can be done in the cli, but the pitfalls are many and the users comfortable enough to use it like that are few.

Offline testz

Yes, question is when.

Offline bitacer