Author Topic: How did we lose dns? Toast creating ens on ethereum?!  (Read 6405 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Focusing on a million different projects at once is what killed bitshares. It would be very unwise to go back in that direction.

absolutely agreed - stay focused .. and go step by step .. not get overhelmed of all possibilites, ideas and so on ...

Bitshares isn't "killed'. It's that kind of talk that is killing Bitshares.

Just because the price is down it doesn't mean it's "killed". The incomplete products isn't what killed anything, in fact it is that kind of innovation which kept me and others interested enough to stick around. Ethereum also has a lot of stuff going on and is mostly vaporware but no one is saying it's a dead project.

I would say the fact that Bytemaster and others have a grand vision is the reason to stick with this project long term. The lack of vision is a sign for when it's time to leave.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Focusing on a million different projects at once is what killed bitshares. It would be very unwise to go back in that direction.

absolutely agreed - stay focused .. and go step by step .. not get overhelmed of all possibilites, ideas and so on ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Bitshares makes me so dizzy lately ,unfinished projects but millions horseshit talks.give a working product.by the way l am with bitshares since Aug 2014.l have lost all my faith with bts future.
Thanks anyway.

If you've lost faith, please sell all your BTS immediately and stop posting on the forum. Why post here if you've lost all faith in the future of BTS?

We see these kinds of posts all the time. Short term speculators tend to give up on projects when times get tough and tend to sell at the all time low price point. Then they lose their money because when the price goes back high again they miss out.

So I encourage anyone who has lost faith to sell as cheaply as they want to the long term holders who haven't lost faith. Speculation is fine, but if you're going to be a short term speculator you should do it from within the Bitshares decentralized exchange rather than speculate on BTS itself.

If Bitshares 2.0 isn't yet good enough to speculate from within it then I can completely understand, the UX/UI needs improvement. Why not help improve it as a beta tester? Bitshares 2.0 sad to admit is beta quality software but that is actually normal for any x.0 product.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:45:27 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
$8-$9 mil if i remember correctly and namecoin was $10-$11 mil.

It briefly peaked at that amount when it hit 450 sats, but it was actually around 200 prior to the merger announcement which was about 3-4M.

No.  The price was going steadily up a few days after the chain was launched.  It stayed around 300-400 on average.

It will be funny if it's rapidly worth more than BTS, you know in a not funny kind of way...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 06:56:59 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

It briefly peaked at that amount when it hit 450 sats, but it was actually around 200 prior to the merger announcement which was about 3-4M.

No.  The price was going steadily up a few days after the chain was launched.  It stayed around 300-400 on average.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Could still be worth a few million then. Wonder if he's done any more work/developed it further since.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I remember the market wasn't very liquid but what the DNS CAP prior to all the merger drama?

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
Bitshares makes me so dizzy lately ,unfinished projects but millions horseshit talks.give a working product.by the way l am with bitshares since Aug 2014.l have lost all my faith with bts future.
Thanks anyway.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
they sharedrop on MKR btw, important to know

Offline topcandle

Announcing ENS: Decentralized ICANN for Ethereum registry top level namespaces controlled by the ENS token. DEVCON livestream announcement begins when this post is 45 mins old. First public spec proposal on Github.

https://blog.makerdao.com/2015/11/11/announcing-ens-decentralized-icann-for-ethereum-registry-top-level-namespaces/
http://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3setdx/announcing_ens_decentralized_icann_for_ethereum/