Author Topic: Reasons for Lowering Fees  (Read 29069 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Any easy guide on how to vote for the reduction in fee? I had done some transfers but have no idea how to vote for anything.

In your account

- choose Voting on the left, type in clayop as a proxy voting account and publish the changes.
- Alternatively go to 'committee members' and type in clayop as a comittee member and also bitcrab. Both have proposals that support lower fees.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:02:50 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

jakub

Any easy guide on how to vote for the reduction in fee? I had done some transfers but have no idea how to vote for anything.
The simplest way to support the reduction is to set clayop as your proxy.

But please be advised that by doing so you are effectively eliminating the incentive for other people to explain & present BitShares to the outside world.

Offline Fernandez

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Who can I vote via proxy to keep the status quo?
This whole fee change gives me the willy and destabilize any business who's trying to make their profit and loss calculation.

I think your best bet is to use your perfect English and talent to write/speak in that language to persuade BM to not be swayed from his original stance on fees.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
@rgcrypto I'm not supporting a change of transfer fee

edit: and jakub

jakub

This whole fee change gives me the willy and destabilize any business who's trying to make their profit and loss calculation.
To preserve the status quo set your proxy to fav or jakub.
We are competing proxies but we both agree on this issue.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/board,104.0.html
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:32:06 pm by jakub »

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Clayop is BitCrab getting a lot of support from the Chinese community or is he just a massive whale?
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Does anybody know how serious the situation actually is?
I mean how close are we from having clayop committee member succeed in killing the referral program?
And why bitcrab and clayop are below mindphlux and dele-puppy even though they seem to have bigger support?

that's because bitcrab voted himself in and messed up with some proxies it seems. and then he voted clayop in. talking about majority

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I mean how close are we from having clayop committee member succeed in killing the referral program?
And why bitcrab and clayop are below mindphlux and dele-puppy even though they seem to have bigger support?

That's because Bitcrab forgot to vote. Glad to see committee members obviously and concretely show their opinions. Tomorrow we will see somewhat different result.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

jakub

jakub

+ 1 I think I like your opinions more and more with every passing day
thanks @tonyk
I also need to admit that I've learned to appreciate your input.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
IMHO, all we need to get more liquidity is an API that compares to Poloniex's API. Our current API is not really useful to traders. That's why we don't see many bots etc ..
Once, the API is "nice", I would be happy to provide the infrastrucure similar to poloniex's api implementations to make bot writing as easy as running a webpage.
Actually, once the Api is more powerfull, we could easily add a bot infrastructure into the wallet and let people shop and execute 3rd party bots within the client.

Anyway.. in the short term, once the API is powerfull enough, providing liquidity for OPENBTC:bitBTC should be so easy that every community member can provide liquidity and earn some profit!
+5%
Our current problem is not the pricing policy but lack of liquidity & fiat gateways.
So those who advocate lowering transfer fees at this stage are barking at the wrong tree.

We had the pricing strategy announced back in June.
Everybody seemed to be happy about it at that time and the current campaign for lowering transfer fees started AFTER the Oct 13 launch and BEFORE we had a working product to sell.

I appreciate your advice @clayop not to be "obsessed" with the referral business but it is a bit hard to implement because actually I am the referral business.
And I've invested my time and resources to build my business model around the June announcement.

Do you recommend to follow this path of constantly changing rules so that no business can treat us seriously?
And to change those rules even BEFORE they had a chance to prove their viability?
Or do you believe that BitShares can become viral WITHOUT retail shops (i.e. people like @bitmarket or @fav) advertising & selling the product?

+ 1 I think I like your opinions more and more with every passing day

this whole fee debate is starting to go out of control. we're wasting too much time for this, and it's holding back many people. Just look how much time each and everoyne of you wasted in the threads in the last weeks.

I will stop watching / reading this and will vote to keep the status quo until bitshares is stable and we can measure our business.

some of you are too obsessed with 15 cent in my opinion.
+ 1
Agree with this as will.

Actually, as much as clayop claims the voters want low fees, the ONLY thing preventing me to vote for him as committee member is this fight of his for low fees.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
So this is your strategy: "as many kinds of user as  possible".
OK, cool.

I agree with fav, this discussion has become irrational so for me it's a waste of time.
Please create a committee and get more votes than bitcrab. It's waste of vote and waste of Democracy for the community.

This is not a democracy lol 1 vote = 1 BTS, simple as that. Democracy would be 1 vote per user. If people decided to use bitcrab as a proxy, then it's what they want. Don't we support the so called free market? The market has decided to give bitcrab its votes. If the time comes, they will take them back.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
So this is your strategy: "as many kinds of user as  possible".
OK, cool.

I agree with fav, this discussion has become irrational so for me it's a waste of time.
Please create a committee and get more votes than bitcrab. It's waste of vote and waste of Democracy for the community.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:04:46 pm by clayop »
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop