Author Topic: Riotpoints  (Read 5739 times)

Offline kuro112

quick update, i talked to some friends in the lol community about this, they would love to participate as long as we have ample intrest
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline kuro112

so it'd make more sense to get an offerwall like https://www.trialpay.com/ - payout in UIA and buy RP Giftcards from profit to sell them for the UIA

that sounds like a good plan to me, i really love the idea!

maybe ill throw something like this toegther in my spare time, if your lifetime fav you should set up the UIA for it :)
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
so it'd make more sense to get an offerwall like https://www.trialpay.com/ - payout in UIA and buy RP Giftcards from profit to sell them for the UIA
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:23:13 pm by fav »

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Let's see if I can address some of the questions here...

Although not explicitly asked, yes it's possible to create a UIA and then pay users based on their performance (obviously you would want to limit this to only paying for non-custom games to prevent cheating the system, for modes like ARAM a user could still be rewarded, but performance would need to be judged differently then simply objectives, KDA, etc so that's up for debate). Regardless, it's possible to do using the Riot API in the same way op.gg pulls stats on people. What would need to be established is what we're rewarding people based on, and how much (and how this varies between game modes / what games modes are supported).

Gifting RP however, is very limiting https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752964-Gifting-Guide-and-FAQ
I'll highlight the important parts,
You can only send up to 10 gifts every 24 hours. 
You can only receive up to 10 gifts every 24 hours.

The player receiving a gift needs to have been on your buddy list for at least one day.
The player receiving a gift cannot be banned or suspended (this includes Leaverbuster, Tribunal, etc.).

You can only send up to 5 RP gifts every 24 hours
You can only receive up to 5 RP gifts every 24 hours

There's no easy way around this without intentionally bypassing the system which Riot would crack down on. We would have to use a queue-based system which would possibly work early on, but doesn't have very good scalability.

Reminds me of steam's restrictions on trading items on new accounts.

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hybr1d
Let's see if I can address some of the questions here...

Although not explicitly asked, yes it's possible to create a UIA and then pay users based on their performance (obviously you would want to limit this to only paying for non-custom games to prevent cheating the system, for modes like ARAM a user could still be rewarded, but performance would need to be judged differently then simply objectives, KDA, etc so that's up for debate). Regardless, it's possible to do using the Riot API in the same way op.gg pulls stats on people. What would need to be established is what we're rewarding people based on, and how much (and how this varies between game modes / what games modes are supported).

Gifting RP however, is very limiting https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752964-Gifting-Guide-and-FAQ
I'll highlight the important parts,
You can only send up to 10 gifts every 24 hours. 
You can only receive up to 10 gifts every 24 hours.

The player receiving a gift needs to have been on your buddy list for at least one day.
The player receiving a gift cannot be banned or suspended (this includes Leaverbuster, Tribunal, etc.).

You can only send up to 5 RP gifts every 24 hours
You can only receive up to 5 RP gifts every 24 hours

There's no easy way around this without intentionally bypassing the system which Riot would crack down on. We would have to use a queue-based system which would possibly work early on, but doesn't have very good scalability.

Lastly, to address kuros question of how (user hosted) tournaments are done, first the organizer(s) submit an application to riot, once they've received approval they can begin accepting applicants for the tournament. At the end of the tournament they must submit to riot a bracket outline showing how all the matches proceeded as well as a history associated with each match played (typically bo1s, but this is up to the organizers). Riot is the one in the end to then hand out the prizes once they confirm that authenticity of what the tournament organizers submitted.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:05:52 pm by hybridd »
http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

Offline kuro112

Thinking about how this can be done...

- issue an UIA (RPoints)
- sell RPs for bitUSD/EUR (1 RP = 0.011)
- Gift IG Items in exchange for RPoints

the idea is to make a Paywall (tasks/app installations) and payout in Riotpoints.

this would benefit BTS greatly, but I'm not sure if this is sustainable. any thoughts?

@hybridd and i are both HUGE LoL players, personally i been playing since beta and hybridd from s2 i think.

funny story hybrid will shit on all of us 5v1 dudes like diamond 1

anyway, this is a really cool idea @fav seriously, i think it needs a bit more thought for sustainability for sure, this is the problems i see:

1) rito may frown upon these actions (rito pls)
2) IG items are only giftable if you have been friends for x days

my suggestion:

we buy a supply of gift cards and give out the codes to those, only allowing payouts in batches that match those values

oh so they changed the gifting thing.

gift cards are nice, but I wanted to make this available per point basis.

"I earrned 480 RP at this thingamagick and got a skin for it."

rito those greedy bastards blocking out any external business it seems :<

it may still be possible to do as ive seen people give out RP for tournaments and stuff, i wonder how thats done?

100% sure as soon as @hybridd wakes up and reads this his mind will be all over the problem.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

- issue an UIA (RPoints)

the idea is to make a Paywall (tasks/app installations) and payout in Riotpoints.

this would benefit BTS greatly, but I'm not sure if this is sustainable. any thoughts?

@hybridd and i are both HUGE LoL players, personally i been playing since beta and hybridd from s2 i think.

anyway, this is a really cool idea @fav seriously, i think it needs a bit more thought for sustainability for sure, this is the problems i see:

my suggestion:

we buy a supply of gift cards and give out the codes to those, only allowing payouts in batches that match those values

oh so they changed the gifting thing.

gift cards are nice, but I wanted to make this available per point basis.

"I earrned 480 RP at this thingamagick and got a skin for it."

rito those greedy bastards blocking out any external business it seems :<

Offline kuro112

- issue an UIA (RPoints)

my suggestion:

CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
@Freebieservers thanks for your input.

posting in this category, as we don't have many gamers here... so this is the place to go :D

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

- issue an UIA (RPoints)

We already have a marketplace in the making, but I haven't thought of doing this on a paywall basis.
I am sure this can be (technically) done, but we'll need to look at how to schedule this in line with our other releaes.
We have the tipbot coming out, then there's electrons for which scaling is yet to be done, then there's an API solution, and then there's 2 other game related ventures, all pending. As much as we'd like to go God mode there's restrains we mortals have to deal with :)

P.s - Really appreciate you posting in the subforum. Lets get this place active.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

- issue an UIA (RPoints)