Author Topic: Firefox - Exit Wallet / clear database  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
This is what the console tells me after I load the backup wallet and hangs on check balance claims:

mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create vendors.js:18:12480
"connecting to wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws" app.js:8:20044
Configured for BitShares Object { core_asset: "BTS", address_prefix: "BTS", chain_id: "4018d7844c78f6a6c41c6a552b898022310…" } app.js:8:25935
db init done app.js:4:10940
ChainStore Init app.js:51:9823
synced and subscribed, chainstore ready app.js:51:10365
An action was called but nothing was dispatched app.js:5:2565

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Clearing cache, history etc... within the firefox menu does not get rid of automatically loading the wallet when I hit the openledger page.   Deleting the wallet does work, just seems a giant logout button would be nice for security sake.

On another note how do I debug on firefox?  I created a fresh wallet on another computer (Vista/Firefox/openledger) and the wallet simply sits on "loading balance claims."  I backed up the wallet and tried it on a windows 10/firefox computer and it does the exact same thing, I can not load the wallet.  The user was created as I can look it up however it seems like I was never actually in control of the user's keys?

If this user is not recoverable because it did not back up correctly how many user names are being created that will never be used?  Do they eventually recycle with no usage over x time?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:29:21 am by Brekyrself »

Offline DestBest

I setup a quick wallet to test on openledger and every time I open the site it loads the testing wallet automatically.  How can I completely clear firefox where I have to import the backup each time?  Should there be a button within the web wallet to completely clear the browser in case someone uses it on a public computer?
Try this: Go to Setting > Wallet Management Console > Delete Wallet  ;)
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I setup a quick wallet to test on openledger and every time I open the site it loads the testing wallet automatically.  How can I completely clear firefox where I have to import the backup each time?  Should there be a button within the web wallet to completely clear the browser in case someone uses it on a public computer?

Afaik there is no clear wallet function (except clearing your web browser cache?).  The wallet cannot be used because it is locked by default.  You will need the wallet password to open it.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile