Author Topic: Stealth Transfers Worker Proposal  (Read 42912 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
holy moly - 45.000 USD?

not at this point in time.

i agree with lil_jay890. focus at the mission and then we can take this points.

I disagree that anonymity the most important... The most important is as follows

1. Fees for trading updated per the worker proposal
2. Referral program for trading fees
3. API for 3rd party platforms and liquidity bots

We are a decentralized exchange. We have finally discovered what we are and what we are niche is.  Most people never get a chance to discover that much less exploit it... DON'T GET DISTRACTED!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I agree with some other comments here. Anonymity is nice to have, but it's nowhere near as important as getting this trading engine in ship-shape so that we can finally attract some volume. Eyes on that ball, please. If we get this done well, then I think funding will come very easily for other "nice to have" features such as anonymity.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I disagree that anonymity the most important... The most important is as follows

We are a decentralized exchange. We have finally discovered what we are and what we are niche is.  Most people never get a chance to discover that much less exploit it... DON'T GET DISTRACTED!

Yeah, focus on the exchange first which will hopefully bring liquidity to a few key smartcoin markets. Stealth transfers are kind of useless if people are trapped in an illiquid market. I definitely think blinded transfers will be very important after some liquidity has been reached.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
like many project ,there are some differences between developer and market (community of BTS),   this is a common problem ,   As a developer, I also have some difference with market . because the difference of creating value between developer and market
developer : create value by  technology.
market :  create value by finding requirement.
many market person thing is reasonable when I consider it as I am  market ,though I am a developer ,   
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Tuck Fheman

My "gut" tells me that crypto-diehards are looking for an easy to use ANONYMOUS currency and those of us that are freedom loving actually want and need this.  Our current lack of privacy is a turnoff to many in the crypto and banking world.

+5% +5%

Do it so Peter Todd won't have to use ShapeShift from now on. ;)

Xeldal

My "gut" tells me that crypto-diehards are looking for an easy to use ANONYMOUS currency and those of us that are freedom loving actually want and need this.  Our current lack of privacy is a turnoff to many in the crypto and banking world.

your "gut" eh?
blink twice if you're under duress. ;)

hmm.   
It is a big feature, and likely meaningful to a lot of money.  If it takes any time at all though, I agree there are a handful of things that should get done first.  Before Stealth.

like access to cancel_order from the API   (tell me its already there)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
This feature helps set BitShares apart from most other crypto currencies

Is this actually true ?  This just seems to make Bitshares more like Bitcoin forks ?  (Not that this is bad..)  I'm just trying to understand what property of these feature(s) sets Bitshares apart?

The Smartcoin combo.

I'm not sure of the immediate value of this proposal.

However for those who'd like to see BitShares grow into the payment business and achieve merchant adoption, I personally think it's unlikely in the near term without payment processor partnerships.

However there are businesses that prefer to keep their activities private, so they're unlikely to use payment processors for crypto to bank conversion anyway. Those same businesses struggle using existing crypto alternatives because of their volatility and the fact that the majority of businesses work on very tight margins.

Dollar stable smartcoins + privacy would be very appealing to those businesses.

Agreed. We need to be the decentralised exchange first.

+5% Personally I'd like to see those things first and a significant lowering of the transfer fee until a few key Smartcoin markets become more liquid.

(At which point 'DEX + liquid SmartCoins' will be the valuable, game changing product we can then start charging for and market strongly via the referral programme. Until then make it as cheap and easy as possible for existing and new users to kickstart those markets.) 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:21:29 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Agreed. We need to be the decentralised exchange first.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline gamey

• View Profile
This feature helps set BitShares apart from most other crypto currencies

Is this actually true ?  This just seems to make Bitshares more like Bitcoin forks ?  (Not that this is bad..)  I'm just trying to understand what property of these feature(s) sets Bitshares apart?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I would appreciate this translate in(to) English

"This work is heavy on UI development and advanced Javascript so has a lot of unknowns.  "
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline onceuponatime

I would consider this to be high priority.

Offline topcandle

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/452

This worker proposal is under development but may be the single most important worker proposal in terms of near-term impact.

If we have the best of breed privacy then it will put us well ahead of the competition.  Hopefully helping pull us up to Dash.

This work is heavy on UI development and advanced Javascript so has a lot of unknowns. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.