Author Topic: And we are here bacause...[poll]  (Read 4670 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
And we are here bacause...[poll]
« on: November 23, 2015, 07:41:53 am »
hmm.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:03:15 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Tuck Fheman

Re: What is the biggest obstacle for the BTS growth, in you opinion? (POLL)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 07:48:45 am »
I lol'd

Tuck Fheman

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 07:49:48 am »
#sharebits "tonyk" 1 GOODIDEA
#sharebits "tonyk" 1 FISTBUMP
#sharebits "tonyk" 1 HIGHFIVE
#sharebits "tonyk" 1 SHITPOST.PTS

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BTS account: abit
BTS committee member: abit
BTS witness: in.abit

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 11:23:41 am »
 CNX - inability (or willingness) to deliver somewhat finished product ever...before jumping to the next..."better" idea..

This seems the problem to me, although Tuck could be funny more times too...

It seems they have so many ideas, that they sometimes get lost and not develop one to its full potential. I'm not saying the ideas are bad, I see them as one the best on the space, however there seems to be a lack of focus. If we got even 1 feature 100% working with no problems and could do that to the next one, people would slowly start to complain less and less and enjoy the product more. We need focus.

Sometimes CNX seems to have anxiety, always trying to build something new and on one side, that's awesome, I've always had the feel you guys were way ahead of the rest in terms of innovation and you continue to give me that impression. The only problem is you can't neglect the other features.

CNX seems that hyperactive super smart kid that because it's too smart for school subjects, ends up loosing focus and messes things up when they have the potential to be the top student of the entire school.

I love the ideas, love the innovation, but everything at due time. As long as you accomplish each task and feature implementation successfully, you will always have the time and support to implement the rest because you will only gain new costumers, fans and confidence. It's just a matter of focus it seems. Even with few manpower, as long as you keep focused and keep your cool, you will be able to achieve your goals.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:25:52 am by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 11:47:06 am »
CNX seems that hyperactive super smart kid that because it's too smart for school subjects, ends up loosing focus and messes things up when they have the potential to be the top student of the entire school.

+5%
It's a brilliant kid indeed but it has to be rigorously managed by us - the community.
[member=6036]wmbutler[/member] is our first shot at this.

Offline oldmine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 11:49:23 am »
Biggest obstacle: BTS still doesnt provide the same experience as a centralized exchange like Poloniex.

The gui doesnt look as polished as Polo, for example they make it really easy to see markets with the highest volume. They have a trollbox etc.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 12:04:58 pm »
Biggest obstacle: BTS still doesnt provide the same experience as a centralized exchange like Poloniex.

The gui doesnt look as polished as Polo, for example they make it really easy to see markets with the highest volume. They have a trollbox etc.

Well we'll get there eventually, it's a matter of time
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 04:58:19 pm »
STABLE RULES

When the announcement for version 2 came out, everyone entrepreneurs stopped their projects.
When we fight on transaction fees, every entrepreneurs has to stop since it impact their bottom line.

Offline twitter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 05:19:57 pm »
#sharebits "tonyk" 66 OPENSESAME

+5%
witness:

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 05:21:10 pm »
Hey twitter, here are the results of your tips...
  • tonyk: has been credited 66 OPENSESAME
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 05:30:07 pm »

Put this poll out there on Reddit, or elsewhere, and ask for some honest feedback from people. Let them tell us what they like and dislike about it.

Offline kuro112

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 05:48:43 pm »
STABLE RULES

When the announcement for version 2 came out, everyone entrepreneurs stopped their projects.
When we fight on transaction fees, every entrepreneurs has to stop since it impact their bottom line.
*cough*  +5%
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 06:29:31 pm »
I voted for one of your options, but my best answer would be: the lack of fiat gateways or on/off-ramps. We are still dangerously reliant on Bitcoin, which really limits us to the crypto market until your grandmother can go "click, click, click" and buy through her bank account.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 09:51:58 pm »
Tony, you certaintly have a way with words.  Thank you for this poll, it is missing just one option:  "CmdrTaco hasn't adopted BTS yet".

Getting to 80% is my strength, finishing the last 20% is my weakness and has long been the case even before BitShares. BitShares is the single project I have stuck with the longest in my life and which has actually reached a usable product in the hands of thousands of users.   

Everyone wants us to focus on "ONE THING" and I largely agree with that. It had better be the right "ONE THING" though or we are dead. 

My personality type is INTJ (http://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality) and I am constantly challening my beliefs and understanding to make things better. I have a very hard time working toward a sub-optimal solution and what is optimal is constantly changing as knowledge increases.  I am smart enough to recognize the value of focusing on one thing as well as the futility of pursuing something to completion that will be outdated by the time it gets there.

I would say that to put my skills to their best use, I should solve problems, prove the concept, and hand it off to people that are good at taking it all the way. 

Anyway, BitShares is a lifelong project that will evolve in the direction this community takes it. It must become bigger than CNX and bigger than me.

That is why we are moving toward open sourcing everything.  Once we open source it, we can continue to improve / develop it together. I have long term plans for it, but obviously need to blend it with short terms needs.

At the end of the day, complaining about others is the least effective means of change. Either do something to help, shut up, or leave.  CNX will do everything we can to avoid being the bottleneck to progress and give the community room to do what is necessary.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.