Author Topic: Gold gateway  (Read 12503 times)

Offline Riverhead

His (Ex?) wife works as a nurse in a local hospital. Wonder if she's still there...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandy-mechalske-8a13174b

https://twitter.com/palenaki81

Tragic history - her brother and mother were killed by their dad in 2011.

http://www.wetzelfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1282853&fh_id=10516

http://archive.eveningsun.com/ci_19081972

Still digging...

Offline Thom

I'm not saying that was his  o n l y  reason for bugging out, I'm just saying it was part of his overall mindset. If the launch of 2.0 propelled the BTS marketcap on an increasingly upward path he may have decided against taking the criminal route. He sure put in a lot of effort into getting the cryptosmith site up and running. If his intentions were to rip Stan/Dan/BTS off from the get go he could have been gone much earlier.

We talked a lot and I can tell you he was rapidly tiring of the secret sauce / failed promises / management decisions. At which point he made the decision to run with the loot I have no idea.

Shit for all I know he was a con artist / sociopath looking for a quick easy way to cash out for awhile. If that's he case he was pretty damned good at it. I wasn't the only one fooled. We'll probably never know.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Of course it's expected he's reading this forum. Criminals need to keep informed of who's looking for them.

If he joined under another name and has been participating heavily in the forum, we wouldn't really know.

That is true, but I seriously doubt that is the case. He was pretty disillusioned in late June / early July about the way CNX handled the transition. I think he finally just realized many bad management patterns have been repeated and wanted to break away from that cycle.

That's funny  :)
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Of course it's expected he's reading this forum. Criminals need to keep informed of who's looking for them.

If he joined under another name and has been participating heavily in the forum, we wouldn't really know.

That is true, but I seriously doubt that is the case. He was pretty disillusioned in late June / early July about the way CNX handled the transition. I think he finally just realized many bad management patterns have been repeated and wanted to break away from that cycle.

He jacked 50 grand and disappeared to the Philippines because he didn't like "management decisions"???

Sounds more like a con artist to me...

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

You need to read it again then. This has nothing to do with BM or being easily deceived. Someone you've known for years and worked with for months suddenly robbing you out of the blue is not what I would call "easily deceived". Any jackass can come on after that fact and say, "omg how could you have been so stupid?" but I didn't see anything except +5% 's leading up to the heist.

i just heard this story
bm you are a 傻逼
a total 傻逼
a 傻逼 victim like
think about so many people work for bts ,but never require pay
think about some people do a lillte thing ,but require a lot of pay
傻逼 mean a person who easy to be deceived

agreed .. i've worked with him last year on the logo for CS etc .. and he was a good person to deal with .. i'm really perplexed about this behaviour
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Riverhead

I spoke with him a lot about his plans to return to the Philippines. I'll go back through my logs to see what village it was. It was where he had stayed before during a Peace Core or some other type of "mission". It's a place to start I guess.

Offline Riverhead

You need to read it again then. This has nothing to do with BM or being easily deceived. Someone you've known for years and worked with for months suddenly robbing you out of the blue is not what I would call "easily deceived". Any jackass can come on after that fact and say, "omg how could you have been so stupid?" but I didn't see anything except +5% 's leading up to the heist.

i just heard this story
bm you are a 傻逼
a total 傻逼
a 傻逼 victim like
傻逼 mean a person who easy to be deceived

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Wow somebody was paid to deliver something for bitshares and it turned out to be some half assed attempt that never came close to what was promised?!?!

Inconceivable!!

What the hell are you talking about? It was exactly what was promised, the first precious metal off-ramp for BitShares. jsidhu probably still has access to the code. Too bad nobody wanted to buy any PM from it.

Actually, in retrospect, probably it was a good thing they didn't seeing as they might have also been victimized. I came pretty close to being one of them.

My mistake. I didn't know you could actually use the service.  What is stopping someone else from opening the business again under a different name?  Is all the work that was done lost?

I don't think so, at least not the website and store shopping cart. However b/c of the radical changes of BitShares 2.0 the backend interface to would have to be totally rewritten. There isn't a single storefront or shopping cart that survived the transition from BitShares 1.0 to 2.0, and there was no advanced notice to the community about it so they could prepare. If that ever happens again it would probably be the death of the BitShares brand. IMO the transition was poorly handled.

I think bitshares team had hoped the price would rise and developers would come clammering back asking them how to integrate again, we know they are busy but there is the right way to do it and the right way to do it, the code is only 25% of the work and teams in crypto are learning the hard way that its not always about code.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Moon

• View Profile
想像

幻想世上并没有天堂
这很容易,只要你试试看
在我们下面没有地狱
在我们上面只有天空
想像所有的人
都为今天而活

想像这世上没有国家
试试看,这并不难
没有杀戮或牺牲
也没有宗教
想像全人类
都生活在和平之中

你可以说我在作梦
但我不是唯一的一个
但愿有一天,你能加入我们
世界就能合而为一

想像世上没有占有
我想你可能做不到
不再贪婪,没有饥饿
四海皆兄弟 想像全人类
共同分享这世界

这是传奇  :'( +5%

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
想像

幻想世上并没有天堂
这很容易,只要你试试看
在我们下面没有地狱
在我们上面只有天空
想像所有的人
都为今天而活

想像这世上没有国家
试试看,这并不难
没有杀戮或牺牲
也没有宗教
想像全人类
都生活在和平之中

你可以说我在作梦
但我不是唯一的一个
但愿有一天,你能加入我们
世界就能合而为一

想像世上没有占有
我想你可能做不到
不再贪婪,没有饥饿
四海皆兄弟 想像全人类
共同分享这世界

Tuck Fheman

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Why pay people who are willing to work for free?

That's what brownies are for
i just heard this story
bm you are a 傻逼
a total 傻逼
a 傻逼 victim like

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
i just heard this story
bm you are a 傻逼