Author Topic: (Poll) Should Committee Members be able to Distribute BROWNIES?  (Read 3763 times)

Offline fuzzy

IBM AND Microsoft come to bitshares and buy all the BTS .....wow ..... that's absurd .

... why would they buy BTS ? any reason at all ?

Bill would buy it for teh childrens, cuz he's always thinking of teh childrens!

He would then force each BTS hodling child to be subjected to a round of speshul vaccinations.

This would generate huge +PR for Mr. Bill ... and a few years later he could reclaim all of those BTS when the kids die.
 :P

lol...great truth to end this on.  thanks for the feedback :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Where is " They should drop everything else. and do just that" ?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

IBM AND Microsoft come to bitshares and buy all the BTS .....wow ..... that's absurd .

... why would they buy BTS ? any reason at all ?

Bill would buy it for teh childrens, cuz he's always thinking of teh childrens!

He would then force each BTS hodling child to be subjected to a round of speshul vaccinations.

This would generate huge +PR for Mr. Bill ... and a few years later he could reclaim all of those BTS when the kids die.
 :P

Offline fuzzy

I think it will be very difficult for them to agree on any donation .. simply because different people have different opinions and perceptions of work and "fair".
And since Committee members are unpaid, I would put an extra burden on them

bytemaster has already put that extreme burden on one man, fuzzy ... and he never asked for it. ;)

Spreading that burden around would free up fuzzy to do more work at Beyond Bitcoin and spread out the complaints among several people instead of pointed at one man that never asked to be in that position in the first place.

I respect bm so much it is a bit ridiculous...it is apparent (though it is obvious to those who pay attention that I don't always agree with him).  However, I can't say "I didn't ask for it"...but that is a long story.  However, when it came to me I battled in my brain whether or not to do it...and to be honest my acceptance of it probably played a huge role in motivating me to get ShareBits brought online.  So it is like a beautiful thing but a double-edged sword. 

I just want to make bitshares rock...and HOPEFULLY try to make the foundational members who will fight for the original vision of bitshares to become the reality wealthy enough that they can still keep a great deal of control even during the attempt for a hostile takeover.  The saddest day in my mind would be some tech giant with a horrible track record of human rights and privacy violations (ironically the ones that Ethereum now has "helping" them---Microsoft and IBM) coming in and displacing those people simply by buying bitshares, laughing and controlling it. 

I love brownies (and would love and support them EVEN IF I wasn't asked to distribute them), but you definitely are right that it can be bit of a burden too.  Unlike DKP, giving out Brownies seems to also seems to make enemies  ::).  One thing I can say is that running guilds didn't prepare me for everything in crypto--I would have certainly scratched my head if people would have attended raids and then complained about me giving DKP to everyone in attendance :P

they could just issue their own token , own 10000000000 times more network effect than BTS .... with developers more capable than every crypto project in the world ...why would they buy BTS ? any reason at all ?

Ooo wait.  so you mean IBM and Microsoft issue their own token that is Decentralized during a time of great conflict and financial strife in the world?  They will likely do this to Ethereum...lol.  But they will also likely end up hiring the devs from those chains too because it will help them greatly to do so both in terms of PR and perhaps even a level of expertise that would still take a brilliant coder with zero knowledge of blockchain tech to pick it up and run with it.  I don't care how smart they are--none of them will come up with it overnight.  Taulant, for instance, has told me of his talks with big banks to consult for them and teach their own IT teams the merits and how to use it

Now as for the network effect.  It will only take them so far as they will never let a system be controlled by the people---while bitshares does. I still think it is a possibility though--as all tactics are valuable in warfare, and all wars are economically-based.  So even though I don't agree with every one of your points,

Offline betax

• View Profile
I think it will be very difficult for them to agree on any donation .. simply because different people have different opinions and perceptions of work and "fair".

bytemaster has already put that extreme burden on one man, fuzzy ... and he never asked for it. ;)

Spreading that burden around would free up fuzzy to do more work at Beyond Bitcoin and spread out the complaints among several people instead of pointed at one man that never asked to be in that position in the first place.

I respect bm so much it is a bit ridiculous...it is apparent (though it is obvious to those who pay attention that I don't always agree with him).  However, I can't say "I didn't ask for it"...but that is a long story.  However, when it came to me I battled in my brain whether or not to do it...and to be honest my acceptance of it probably played a huge role in motivating me to get ShareBits brought online.  So it is like a beautiful thing but a double-edged sword. 

I just want to make bitshares rock...and HOPEFULLY try to make the foundational members who will fight for the original vision of bitshares to become the reality wealthy enough that they can still keep a great deal of control even during the attempt for a hostile takeover.  The saddest day in my mind would be some tech giant with a horrible track record of human rights and privacy violations (ironically the ones that Ethereum now has "helping" them---Microsoft and IBM) coming in and displacing those people simply by buying bitshares, laughing and controlling it. 

I love brownies (and would love and support them EVEN IF I wasn't asked to distribute them), but you definitely are right that it can be bit of a burden too.  Unlike DKP, giving out Brownies seems to also seems to make enemies  ::).  One thing I can say is that running guilds didn't prepare me for everything in crypto--I would have certainly scratched my head if people would have attended raids and then complained about me giving DKP to everyone in attendance :P

they could just issue their own token , own 10000000000 times more network effect than BTS .... with developers more capable than every crypto project in the world ...why would they buy BTS ? any reason at all ?

Because is cheap, but I would buy Cryptonomex instead.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

Give elected positions in Bitshares a currency of actual value (trading for BTS) to freely distribute at their discretion to voters that could/would give those representatives favour? What could possibly go wrong?

It depends on how it is done. If it's done by a formula or with a bot then maybe it could work but when humans make judgement on other humans that is a bad recipe.

Yes you are right.  it depends on how it is done.  @clout had a great idea, for instance (at least imo) at one point to distribute tokens to accounts for every $100 of volume they produce on the exchange.

If clout was a comittee member that would be a great way for him to work closely with the community and receive real time feedback for what his project is accomplishing that could considerably help bitshares.  Perhaps

Also, there would be nothing keeping competitors from coming in and distributing a competing token of their own on the same people who received brownies, or everyone who does not hold or want brownies.  This is the beauty of Town Halls like i want to have with committee members and community together.  Attendance is awarded for both sides and participants never know who will take an appreciation for a comment made or question asked...and sharedrop on them with their own personal (or business) token.  The guaranteed reward (brownies) + the variable reward (bunkershares?) together are a VERY POWERFUL psychological tool for incentivizing participation.

Now....as for "what could possibly go wrong".  Everything...always.  Murphy's Law buddy... :P

Which is precisely why I post polls like this looking for honest feedback.  It is because I have ideas (constantly) about how to better improve our community, but always like to receive productive input before making any rash decisions on my own--it would be silly of me to think I know all angles and just ignore this part of the process.  (thanks for participating in the poll btw :))
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:19:51 pm by fuzzy »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Give elected positions in Bitshares a currency of actual value (trading for BTS) to freely distribute at their discretion to voters that could/would give those representatives favour? What could possibly go wrong?

It depends on how it is done. If it's done by a formula or with a bot then maybe it could work but when humans make judgement on other humans that is a bad recipe.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:45:51 am by fuzzy »

Tuck Fheman

Tuck Fheman

Committee is busy with important core issues, they shouldn't waste time with giveaways in my opinion

It's not exactly a "giveaway".

For most receiving them it's their "pay check" for work done and the only funds they receive.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Committee is busy with important core issues, they shouldn't waste time with giveaways in my opinion