Author Topic: BTS voting initiative  (Read 3202 times)

Offline roadscape

I am VERY impressed with cryptofresh's contribution.   Please send him some serious tips!  Major brownies coming your way.

Thank you BM!

Dont forget to send stuff to @svk as well for his bitsharesblocks page even though it was on the legacy network!!
+5%

Excellent job @roadscape

I have a couple of "stupid" questions:
(1) Regarding the committee:
- is the size of the committee predefined or does it depend on actual voting support (as we have with witnesses)?
- why can't we see the scores for committee candidates that are currently outside the committee? (all we see is "-")
(2) Regarding the witnesses:
- what is the threshold of support that you need to achieve to become elected? Is it 10%?

Excellent questions!

- The size of the committee is defined by the voters. Everyone gets to vote for the ideal number of committee members. IIRC, the median amount is chosen. Currently, it's 11. So at each maintenance interval, the top 11 by vote count are set as the active set.
 - Witnesses work the same way. The current active witness count is 25.
 - The scores for inactive committee candidates are not shown because the votes are only calculated during the maintenance period, and for the purposes of efficiency the vote counts are only saved for those who are in the active set. As far as I can tell, this only happens for committee members because inactive witness vote counts appear active. One possible workaround is for cryptofresh to add up the votes externally... this is something I'd like to do soon.

Another question:

It looks as though committee-account is growing in followers.. why is this happening?
Nobody should be proxying to committee-account.. that's 1.4% of voting stake not being put to use.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

jakub

Excellent job @roadscape

I have a couple of "stupid" questions:
(1) Regarding the committee:
- is the size of the committee predefined or does it depend on actual voting support (as we have with witnesses)?
- why can't we see the scores for committee candidates that are currently outside the committee? (all we see is "-")
(2) Regarding the witnesses:
- what is the threshold of support that you need to achieve to become elected? Is it 10%?

Offline fuzzy

I am VERY impressed with cryptofresh's contribution.   Please send him some serious tips!  Major brownies coming your way.

did you get him those brownies @bytemaster ?  remember to mention me if you need distributed.  Or you can hand it out right here using the syntax below in my sig :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
My guess is that most BTS-holders consider it "just another cryptocurrency" and wait for prices going up. They haven't realized that they can raise the value of their holdings by voting wisely.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Dont forget to send stuff to @svk as well for his bitsharesblocks page even though it was on the legacy network!!

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
- why do you keep bts at a centralized exchange

I do not know if 'keep' is the right word... other than that, I just follow the lead of OL.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
- why do you keep bts at a centralized exchange

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
Voting needs a complete UX overhaul for worker proposals as well. I'd love to get a full understanding of voting, then maybe I can work with the UI team to build this into the graphene client.
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline roadscape

I don't recall seeing a thread dedicated to discussing how to get more BTS stake voting.

It's important (or rather critical) for our security and as of today we have only 18% of stake voting.

Here is a tool to help the discussion:
http://cryptofresh.com/ballots

(It's definitely not "done" but thought I'd share it sooner than later. I'm aware of several issues, just haven't been able to address them. Also there are many possible improvements)

So..
 - Why aren't you voting?
 - What do we do about the exchanges?
 - What's our goal?
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape