Author Topic: BM spikes the Kool Aid - jumpstartng our stalled car  (Read 5917 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I couldnt listen to the last one. It isnt on beyond bitcoin yet (the second last one neither). Not an insult at all though! Fuzzy and his crew aren't paid for anything (I guess)...

Anyone have the latest hangout? @testz?

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I liked his ideas presented in mumble yesterday, but I think we really need to look at the mechanics and potential downfalls of providing liquidity today for future revenue tomorrow. What sort of problems could this lead to if a market gets popular? Have any numbers been run showing how much an early liquidity provider would receive if a market went from 5000 to 50,000,000?

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
cool thanks, and by the way, what do you think is going to happen if we change the name of bitUSD besides mass confusion, FUD, and a new all time low?

What does "bux" or "bucks" mean outside of the US borders? and who cares about a dying dynasty?

fad much?

think long term

The wallet provider can call the BitUSD whatever they like!   It's their wallet and they control the presentation.  No need to change anything at protocol level.  You pointed out Nubits holders don't give two flying brownies about Nushares.  The same will be true of Bux or BitUSD holders.   
We should encourage entrepreneurs to do any sort of branding they like.  For instance, an entrepreneur who focuses on a specific market segment, such as Greece, should come up with a name that resonates with the people in that market.  We should not restrain our entrepreneurs from developing smaller network effects based on different brands around the world.  Many small network effects is the best approach.  This is an elephant and we need to take one bite at a time.  Whether we call this an "elephant" or "guapo" or "mammoth" should not matter, as long as we are taking bites and recruiting others to help us take bites, eventually we will eat the entire thing, it's just a matter of how to do we tell people there is an "elephant" here and its free for to bite off as much as you can chew.

ps.  Some are relying too much on the first wallet that came out, esp in regard to payments and tipping.  That wallet has an insane number of features, which are far too cumbersome to drive mass adoption!  We need to target MARKET SEGMENTS with SPECIFIC WEB APPLICATIONS if we are going to find the many small successes we need to bring people to BitShares.  Better yet, we need to bring people to Bitshares probably without them knowing we brought them to Bitshares.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:00:40 pm by carpet ride »
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
cool thanks, and by the way, what do you think is going to happen if we change the name of bitUSD besides mass confusion, FUD, and a new all time low?

What does bux mean outside of the US borders? and who cares about a dying dynasty?

exactly this. it's always funny to see american logic. somehow they think everyone knows what a buck is, which is absolutely not the case.

apart from that, fud confusion, maybe to global climate change are most likely to happen

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
what if i dont have an erlich bachman account? (which I dont)

you do, it's bound to your forum account. it's up to you to claim / use it though :)

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey fav, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
I'm not a trader, but I can relate through affiliate business. you just have to find smart ways to stay relevant, and that's what BM dropped in yesterday's mumble.

#sharebits "Erlich Bachman" 10 MEGUSTA

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
I can't believe nobody's talking about the last mumble after BM's latest bomb drops:

make the bitGold and other markets in USD (because BTS are used to get the USD). He is absolutely correct because we have been looking at this all wrong by asking our customers to trust us twice at first ("trust bitGold and trust BTS) instead of just once (trust that bitGold wont die, we know that you already trust USD")

So se have been trying to walk before we are even crawling. This is obvious now that NuBits just showed us how it's done (Nubits owners could care less about NuShares). So the least we can do is learn from those who have succeeded and build our markets in USD (what people are comfortable with) before building parallel markets in BTS (bitSilver/BTS) (bitBTC/BTS)

What bitcoin holder of bitBTC wants to reference a coin that they feel is their competitor!

No they want to trade bitcoins against USD (bitUSD if course which has to be created with BTC , but we all realize now in hindsight that Nubits owners care as much about NuShares as bitcoin holders care about BTS)

Did anybody else besides BM and I just have a "why the hell did it take me so long to figure that hindsighr out, its only 2016 and im obviously not as smart as i think i am)

Plus, if you want to build or make a market in BTS like bitBTC/BTS then you should get future dividends for providing liquidity today.

Yes, because no start up company should be taking profits, they need to reinvest them like Amazon.

The Onceuponatime paying to develop the anon market idea brilliance obviously spawned the:

"coax Erlich Bachman to get his stored wealth out of his bitUSD shorts and make a bitPorkBelly/BTS market (by me providing liquidity today at a financial loss to reap future cuts of those market fees in the future)

We need growth today more than profits. Come on, now code me an offer I can't refuse and i will sell my bitAssets and make a market, but make it worth my time and money.

If you succeed, then the gold rush here can REALLY begin, if you know what I mean.

Yup, there it is:

What market are YOU going to invest in?

What markets do YOU tthink are going to big in the future?

Those are the markets you will make and maybe lose money in today, but reap rewards tomorrow when they hit the big time.

This is the MUSE model of investing in what Artist coin markets you think are going to be hot first and then getting rewarded simply because you were there FIRST. Why should MUSE and NuShares have all the fun?

Congratulations BM for being the first to realize that we are not always the best at everything and taking a page out of the book of NuBits which frankly we all should have paid a little more respect to in retrospect

Obviou$ly

You BTS holders who are crying for some liquidity in your markets?

Well then offer me some real financial incentives and I will trade in my highly collateralized bitUSD positions to provide you with what it is you say you want most right now

Here I am

your futur market maker, and my money is already in your ecosystem. 

just not in the positions that will benefit you right now, if ever

if you liked the onceuponatime idea

this is the exact same idea
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:59:50 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?