Author Topic: how to change asset's permissions?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

Where can I see info on all the permissions? I created a token, kept everything as default because I would like to better understand what each choice does and its intended consequences.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
It's to protect the buyers of a token from arbitrary misbehavior of the issuer ..
Once the permissions are removed, you can be sure that the issue will not skrew you over .. until then, you have to live with the risk or don't invest
thanks, I almost understand how it work.
If I want to temp switch on/of a permission, I should change flags  instead of issuer_permissions

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It's to protect the buyers of a token from arbitrary misbehavior of the issuer ..
Once the permissions are removed, you can be sure that the issue will not skrew you over .. until then, you have to live with the risk or don't invest

Offline alt

• View Profile
Aren't all permissions 'enabled' by default and you can opt-out but not re-enable?
yes, Just curious why work like this

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Aren't all permissions 'enabled' by default and you can opt-out but not re-enable?

Offline alt

• View Profile
with api update_asset, I can remove a permission, but can't add a permission.
from the source code asset_evaluator.cpp, seems don't allow add permission
Code: [Select]
270    // new issuer_permissions must be subset of old issuer permissions                                                                                               
271    FC_ASSERT(!(o.new_options.issuer_permissions & ~a.options.issuer_permissions),
272              "Cannot reinstate previously revoked issuer permissions on an asset.");
so how should I do if I want to add a permission for my private asset?