Author Topic: Join me in the Code Group!  (Read 4912 times)

Offline fuzzy

BitShares Coding Group Overview

I have always stated that for bitshares to grow and thrive we each individually need to empower ourselves and one another.  That insodoing, we would empower bitshares because the value of bitshares is reflected in part by its: Technology and Community. 

However, much of our community is not highly technically proficient.  For this reason I have decided to make a quest for self-improvement and learning more of the coding aspect of this ecosystem.  However, I thought to myself (why go this alone when you can bring others onboard who would be interested in self (and bitshares) improvement as well?  Why not make this a community of individuals interested in bettering themselves and empowering one another to make bitshares show its true value?

When is it?

For this reason, I will do my best to show up four days a week (Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesdays) in mumble and will be working to improve my underlying knowledge of how coding works and my capability to master the use of the tool I have in front of my face--my own computer. 
On these days, I will try to be on around 1PM EST (noon my time).  I will spend approximately 1-2 hours each day. 

If you are interested in joining, please do so and I will have you sign a guest list which will then be used for future distributions of a Code-Learner demographic token.  It is not yet certain what the value of this token will be, but it will at least mark you as actively attempting to improve yourself and, indirectly, the community.

What do I need in order to participate?

You need to join me in Mumble (go to Mumble Setup Page for more details on how to download and set it up)
You need an internet connection
You need an account at CodeAcademy.com
You need a willingness to participate...
And that is it!

Today I will be working on learning the Command Line Interface (CLI)...but this does not mean you need to do what I am working on.  This is self-paced learning...so there is little pressure.  All I ask is that you consider helping others when they are stuck if you know how to help them.  This is how we strengthen each other and our bonds with one another.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:09:39 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D