Author Topic: Join me in the Code Group!  (Read 4931 times)

Offline fuzzy

@fuzzy
Are you still working on the CLI?  I'm almost done with "build your own website" track as well.  Were you planning on some sort of collaboration/project between the people doing codecademy?

im playing around and learning. whatever anyone wants to do is what i figure we will do.  this is just another initiative i think is important.

as for progress i plan to continue now that thame holidays are over and family is heading home after the holidays.

Hows that CLI training going?  Did you finish yet?

at the moment this is not a priority for me though i will gladly set up a time to work with you if you are interested.  I know most the lesson material anyway, was just hoping we coukd get some people rocking it   

you interested @lil_jay890?  if so i can take an hour out of my week if you work with me on when to do it
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
@fuzzy
Are you still working on the CLI?  I'm almost done with "build your own website" track as well.  Were you planning on some sort of collaboration/project between the people doing codecademy?

im playing around and learning. whatever anyone wants to do is what i figure we will do.  this is just another initiative i think is important.

as for progress i plan to continue now that thame holidays are over and family is heading home after the holidays.

Hows that CLI training going?  Did you finish yet?

Offline fuzzy

@fuzzy

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:46:37 pm by fuzzy »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
@fuzzy

Offline Riverhead

So I just finished HTML/CSS and Javascript programs on codecademy... I'm also following the "learn javascript properly" from javascriptissexy.com as I just bought the suggested text book.

Anyone still doing the codecademy thing?
I'll likely do JavaScript over the holidays since I have the time.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
So I just finished HTML/CSS and Javascript programs on codecademy... I'm also following the "learn javascript properly" from javascriptissexy.com as I just bought the suggested text book.

Anyone still doing the codecademy thing?

Offline fuzzy

Good idea fuzzy... I just started the Code Academy thing this weekend.  I'm about 26% done with the javascript course.  My goal is to become proficient in angular or reactjs.  Not sure what I'm going to do with it as far as applying it to bitshares, but it is interesting to learn.

What you do with it doesn't matter (yet).  You will know what to do with it when the time is right.  Just improve yourself jay ;)  and thanks for making me smile.  I'm in mumble if you want to hang and get smarter together!

I'll try to come into the mumble on weekends, since I'm at work during the week and doing this on my lunch break.  I know BM mentioned that they are looking for React coders, so I figured I would start there.  I took a couple semesters of coding during college (c++), so the learning curve hasn't been too bad.  Being a mechanical engineer though hasn't required me to dig that knowledge out of the back of my brain until now.

Is there a way to make groups on code academy?  Then maybe we could check each others progress and see who would be a good person to ask questions to.

Very good question liljay.  It has a way to prove your progress, which is one of the big reasons I liked this platform so much. 

Offline fuzzy

Beginning another Day at CodeAcademy.org.  Still learning CLI on my end.  Looking forward to hearing what all of you have been working on and asking/answering questions as we study! :)

Offline fuzzy

Attendance from 12/7/15:
JoeyD
twitter
merockstar
fuzzy

If I missed someone please let me know.  You may have shown up and been quiet in which case I would have never known :P
Rewards coming soon.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Good idea fuzzy... I just started the Code Academy thing this weekend.  I'm about 26% done with the javascript course.  My goal is to become proficient in angular or reactjs.  Not sure what I'm going to do with it as far as applying it to bitshares, but it is interesting to learn.

What you do with it doesn't matter (yet).  You will know what to do with it when the time is right.  Just improve yourself jay ;)  and thanks for making me smile.  I'm in mumble if you want to hang and get smarter together!

I'll try to come into the mumble on weekends, since I'm at work during the week and doing this on my lunch break.  I know BM mentioned that they are looking for React coders, so I figured I would start there.  I took a couple semesters of coding during college (c++), so the learning curve hasn't been too bad.  Being a mechanical engineer though hasn't required me to dig that knowledge out of the back of my brain until now.

Is there a way to make groups on code academy?  Then maybe we could check each others progress and see who would be a good person to ask questions to.

Offline twitter

• View Profile
i have created an account at  codecademy.com as following ....

bue.twitter@gmail.com

how can i join .... is there any way to download VS solution for bitshare2.0 project ?
witness:

Offline fuzzy

And Fuzzy is off to the races! (I do understand a good few of the basic commands in command line so I can help--a little bit if people join and have questions).

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 04:49:08 pm by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy