Author Topic: New website for BitShares 2.0  (Read 1880 times)

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
The first thing I always look for is the "About" tab when visiting a new company's website.  A 20,000 ft view that can be  explained to a smart 9th grader.  When the founders began the company, how many iterations were tried before it's current form (good time to clarify/address Protoshares, 1.0, etc just to get it out of the way), and confirm that the current iteration is the full working product.

The second tab I look for is the company's Services/Benefits.  "Features tell, Benefits sell".  The current "Technology" tab looks like it would be the "Benefits" and I like the current "Features" tab.

Third thing I would want to see, in this case, is a "Getting Started" tab.  Step-by-step guides.  Take all the thinking out of it.  People give up quickly if a new product is complicated because there is a risk they might miss something that could hurt them later.  "Getting Started" should be a breeze and bullet proof.

The information you already have populated looks very good so far.  Thanks and good luck!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 02:05:55 am by DMo09 »

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
#sharebits jakub 1 ROSE
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

jakub

Also, I've added a whole new section called "Ecosystem":
http://neura-sx.github.io/#ecosystem

There is still quite a lot of missing data but I'll try to gradually fill it in.
I hope this will be good for newcomers to find out who does what and how all these BitShares projects are related to each other.

jakub

As for witness info, you could use the link in my signature, my github address to the left of this post and this for my website.
@Thom I've amended your info to include all these websites.

Offline Thom

I commented on it in another thread. Nice work, glad to see further explanation of your intentions for it here.

As for witness info, you could use the link in my signature, my github address to the left of this post and this for my website.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Xeldal

No mention of bitsharesbreakout.com though ;)

To be honest, I did not know about the existence of bitsharesbreakout.com.
What does this website do? How would you describe it in one sentence?

I'll add it to the Links section and also to your witness description.
Thanks.
I havn't really told anyone about it, so I'm not surprised.  : ) 
Currently its just a simple  BTS market aggregator.  As well as basic market stats for various DEX pairs.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I already like how this is shaping up.  Nice initiative!

jakub

To be honest, I did not know about the existence of bitsharesbreakout.com.
What does this website do? How would you describe it in one sentence?

I'll add it to the Links section and also to your witness description.

Xeldal

Nice work jakub!   +5%

Lots of good information.  The News and Roadmap sections in particular, I think people will find valuable.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
I'm attempting to build a new website dedicated to BitShares 2.0.
http://neura-sx.github.io
(Please note that this is just a draft, an attempt to collect and structure the information. Once I complete this stage, I'll start thinking about the actual design and styling.)

I'm trying to create something that would feel much more up-to-date when compared to bitshares.org and at the same time a bit less technical than cryptofresh.com and a bit more lightweight when compared to dposhub.com.

Also something that would leverage the power of this community and present how lively this community is to the outside world.
As we have it now, when an outsider takes a look at our official website s/he can easily conclude that nothing is going on.
On the other hand, when s/he lands on this forum it can be quite overwhelming as there is too much information to digest in order to extract any sense out of it.

So the purpose is to keep updated all those of us who do care about BitShares but do not have enough time to follow the forum closely and participate in Mumble hangouts on a regular basis.
It will initially be targeted at current BTS holders / community members but eventually also taking care of absolute beginners.
At the same time it also aims to offer a quick overview to the outside world about people behind BitShares, third-party projects in the BitShares ecosystem and major milestones being achieved - all this valuable information that our official website does not deliver.

This is what I badly need to be able to proceed:
(1) Your suggestions about what other pieces of information this website should include.
(2) Your help to fill the missing data (especially the witness section has lots of missing info).
(3) Your feedback regarding the correctness of the statements that I've made when comparing BitShares to other products.

Thank you.

Great idea.  Perhaps a section for "Entrepreneurs"
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

jakub

I'm attempting to build a new website dedicated to BitShares 2.0.
http://neura-sx.github.io
(Please note that this is just a draft, an attempt to collect and structure the information. Once I complete this stage, I'll start thinking about the actual design and styling.)

I'm trying to create something that would feel much more up-to-date when compared to bitshares.org and at the same time a bit less technical than cryptofresh.com and a bit more lightweight when compared to dposhub.com.

Also something that would leverage the power of this community and present how lively this community is to the outside world.
As we have it now, when an outsider takes a look at our official website s/he can easily conclude that nothing is going on.
On the other hand, when s/he lands on this forum it can be quite overwhelming as there is too much information to digest in order to extract any sense out of it.

So the purpose is to keep updated all those of us who do care about BitShares but do not have enough time to follow the forum closely and participate in Mumble hangouts on a regular basis.
It will initially be targeted at current BTS holders / community members but eventually also taking care of absolute beginners.
At the same time it also aims to offer a quick overview to the outside world about people behind BitShares, third-party projects in the BitShares ecosystem and major milestones being achieved - all this valuable information that our official website does not deliver.

This is what I badly need to be able to proceed:
(1) Your suggestions about what other pieces of information this website should include.
(2) Your help to fill the missing data (especially the witness section has lots of missing info).
(3) Your feedback regarding the correctness of the statements that I've made when comparing BitShares to other products.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:46:48 am by jakub »