Author Topic: STEALTH / BTS Market now accepting bids.  (Read 7183 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
So this will just be some kind of experience to see how it goes? Meaning, Stealth will go forward, paid by onceuponatime and then if this test goes right, this same method will be applied to the other planned features you listed on the other thread like bond markets, prediction markets, gambling, etc?

More than just an experiment.
Stealth is a trailblazer, but a more general test case is under way.
Cryptonomex will sponsor some of its own features in parallel.
But others (investors and developers) are encouraged to join in (individually and as groups).
And some have already indicated their intent to do exactly that.
May a thousand variants bloom.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

So what we're bidding on is the FBA itself, which is all planned to go to onceup, who will fill buy orders if he chooses to (is nice enough)?

I'm not judging the plan just asking somebody to confirm my understanding.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
So this will just be some kind of experience to see how it goes? Meaning, Stealth will go forward, paid by onceuponatime and then if this test goes right, this same method will be applied to the other planned features you listed on the other thread like bond markets, prediction markets, gambling, etc?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

38PTSWarrior

Tuck Fheman

To help prioritize and/or value various proposals we have created some new assets

What are the others?

doh
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:01:18 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Very interesting approach, essentially put your money where your mouth is.

Looking forward to seeing the other items for us to vote on/invest in.

Offline Riverhead

Offline bytemaster

To help prioritize and/or value various proposals we have created some new assets that act as a pre-sale auction for ownership of various revenue streams.   The first revenue stream is 80% of all confidential transfer fees.  We have registered the STEALTH asset with a maximum supply of 1M shares.  If you are interested in owning a cut of this revenue stream you can place a bid in this market.  Stealth fees will be set to 3x the normal transfer fee set by the committee.

@onceuponatime has an implicit bid of  12 BTS per STEALTH for 1M shares giving STEALTH a market cap of $45,000.   

The purpose of this market is to help prioritize various features and give the more passive members of the community an easy way of evaluating / comparing the various proposals.  Those that have the highest market caps (with sufficient liquidity to fund the development) represent the highest value features. 

For this proposal we have already produced a basic GUI workflow that will be implemented before any STEALTH is actually sold to the market.  At no time will proceeds from this sale be spent prior to delivering of the feature.   If you are interested in stealth and believe it will be a profitable feature for BitShares, then place some bids to show your support.

Once the feature is implemented, ONCEUPONATIME will be given 1M STEALTH which he may choose to sell as he sees fit. 

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/STEALTH_BTS
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.