Author Topic: [POLL] Do we need GIANT sigs on the forums?  (Read 2947 times)

Offline fuzzy

I don't know that we need to take it to this level.  However, I do see your point. 

That's pretty funny knowing what I know behind the scenes. That duality is a major reason I stopped working for Beyond Bitcoin. In case you were wondering. Privately you were egging him on. Publicly you are sort of throwing him under the bus now. Whose idea was it to have a poll about voting for mods? Did we really need to take it to that level fuzzy? =/

yeh very interesting how you pulled me into this.  and yes, i do think people should be voted i to positions like moderators'.  i simply told you two ways to go about it if you wanted.  i teresti g that you took it because i wasnt the one who reached out in the first place.  so...had you not approached me about this i would have remained silent.

Today is the first day I have posted on this forum in weeks. And for the record you did not tell me anything. There are no post from you in my inbox. The two of us have not corresponded since around November 20th the last day I posted anything at Beyond Bitcoin. So I did not reach out to you and I don't know where you are getting that idea from. You and Tuck Fheman had a conversation today that I was told about at shift change. You got me locked out of the Tuck Fheman account around the same time I quit helping at beyond Bitcoin. Although that was not your decision your complaints were why I got locked out. I was helping at Beyond Bitcoin site for free. I still don't understand what happened. That is the duality I am talking about. You were all cool with me in slack and the next thing I know I'm banned from the Tuck Fheman account and told you requested it. I just wanted to clear up your above falsehoods. I work my ass off for Bitshares so I am going to get back to doing that now.

good. keep working your ass off.  the rest of this shit is noise.  however please dont think that i wanted you to quit.  i simply told tuck it is hard to give you guys the same opportunities i would give other volunteers because you guys could easily say you were 20 people and if i split everything between 24 people (as opposed to 5) it would hurt people who have been open with me. 

so tuck was the one who made that decision because then i would at least have a semblance of the nimber of people helping.  you tend to get upset with me as though i screwed you over on more than one occasion now and to be honest i have never intentionally screwed you over. i mean if you noticed I AM ONE OF THE ONES TIPPI G YOU TO DO TRANSCRIPTS even though it is not on beyond bitcoins site.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 02:43:46 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
I don't know that we need to take it to this level.  However, I do see your point. 

That's pretty funny knowing what I know behind the scenes. That duality is a major reason I stopped working for Beyond Bitcoin. In case you were wondering. Privately you were egging him on. Publicly you are sort of throwing him under the bus now. Whose idea was it to have a poll about voting for mods? Did we really need to take it to that level fuzzy? =/

yeh very interesting how you pulled me into this.  and yes, i do think people should be voted i to positions like moderators'.  i simply told you two ways to go about it if you wanted.  i teresti g that you took it because i wasnt the one who reached out in the first place.  so...had you not approached me about this i would have remained silent.

Today is the first day I have posted on this forum in weeks. And for the record you did not tell me anything. There are no post from you in my inbox. The two of us have not corresponded since around November 20th the last day I posted anything at Beyond Bitcoin. So I did not reach out to you and I don't know where you are getting that idea from. You and Tuck Fheman had a conversation today that I was told about at shift change. You got me locked out of the Tuck Fheman account around the same time I quit helping at beyond Bitcoin. Although that was not your decision your complaints were why I got locked out. I was helping at Beyond Bitcoin site for free. I still don't understand what happened. That is the duality I am talking about. You were all cool with me in slack and the next thing I know I'm banned from the Tuck Fheman account and told you requested it. I just wanted to clear up your above falsehoods. I work my ass off for Bitshares so I am going to get back to doing that now.

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 01:38:52 am by fuzzy »

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers

Offline fuzzy

I think GIANT signatures should be mandatory,  for all accounts, and every post should be followed by an ORGASM.

Be careful Xeldal...that many orgasms would be dangerous and addicting.  People would flood our forums like no one has ever seen users flood to a page before...

Xeldal

I think GIANT signatures should be mandatory,  for all accounts, and every post should be followed by an ORGASM.

Offline fuzzy

I honestly don't care though man.  I know what I'm going to build and what I want to do with it.  People who believe I create value will come along.  Those who don't, will not be there during the early days and will miss out on much of the possibilities. 

I do think that we should be careful with the names of coins we promote, but that is not something I have the ability (nor do I WANT IT!) to stop someone from doing.  Someone can make Orgasms, Shitcoins...etc.  Who knows...maybe those tokens will hit a niche market and become valuable!  I (and noone else) are able to predict what will work and what wont...so the KEY is not needlessly hindering this stuff. 

It is not my place to shut someone else up or keep them from making tokens of their own choosing.  It also is not my place what people put in their signatures.  We need to remember that bitshares is only as great as we make it and that we cannot silence people or keep them from playing with the tools we give them until something sticks and works.  1000 failures is worth 1 viral success.  Should I risk shutting down 1000 people then?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:38:37 pm by fuzzy »

Tuck Fheman

Damn, no one's going to mention that you can turn off signatures?  Fine, I will or did.

So here's my counter argument to the other poll (I'm mocking).

You can ignore the tip bot. You can ignore users too!

You can choose to look at or not look at anything.

You can choose to be offended or not be offended without the help of another individual trying to mandate it for you.

Take some ownership of yourself instead of handing all control over to one power abusing, butthurt mod.

OK, that was my entire point of this mocking poll, but no one would bite quick enough.  :P

Also the whole, "but teh entrepreneurs!" argument is getting lame and overused as a last grasp attempt to save face in a losing battle.

According to Dan, entrepreneurs have been flocking to BitShares for some time now and guess what ... they probably don't spend a lot of time on the forum and if they do ... it's obviously not driving them away!

I get what you're saying, but I don't think it holds any water whatsoever.

These entrepreneurs are grown-ups with brains and money.

They don't give a rats ass about some UIA called ORGAMS being given away on the forum, they just wish their 50 year old wife was still having them (boom!).

If anything I think they'd find it refreshing that people were willing to drop $20 (currently) on a UIA called SPERM and then give it away to others.

I think they'd much rather see an active forum spreading fun and love (and spending money on the blockchain to do it!) instead of a dictatorship where everyone was afraid to say anything or give away anything out of fear of the almighty ban hammer GIF threats that seem to happen here daily now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:55:45 am by Tuck Fheman »

Tuck Fheman

I'm against GIANT SIGNATURES in any form.

- Bad image
Investors / entrepreneurs checking out the forum and find users with HUGE SIGNATURES spamming their blog links isn't that mature or inspiring confidence.

- Derailing
Used to spam-pimp blogs with HUGE WORDS that take a readers eyes away from ... pretty much everything else they're trying to read, like BitShares related post.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:18:24 am by Tuck Fheman »