Author Topic: possible to modify permissions?  (Read 2482 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I am doing a test, first I have set the permission of transwiser-mpaadmin like this:

threshold:29
bitcrab: 30
baozi:15
harvey-xts:10

having done this I tried to add gulu with weight 10, but always failed  with the screenshot as shown above.

what's weird is that at the same condition I can add transwiser-wallet with weight 10 as well. but failed to add jerryliu.

seems there is a bug?
Alternatively you can try the mothod introduced in this thread (by using a patched CLI wallet): https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20647.msg266390.html#msg266390
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I am doing a test, first I have set the permission of transwiser-mpaadmin like this:

having done this I tried to add gulu with weight 10, but always failed  with the screenshot as shown above.

what's weird is that at the same condition I can add transwiser-wallet with weight 10 as well. but failed to add jerryliu.

seems there is a bug?
that definitely sounds like a bug
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab

seems there is a bug?

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I think the easiest way to do it would be to add your accounts and set their weights accordingly, and set the required weight to a low amount as well.  Then in the CLI increase the required weight with a proposal.

For example if you wanted to have a 3 of 4 scheme you could add all 4 keys and give them each a weight of 30.  On the same transaction you should be able to set the required weight down to 30 as well.  This will allow you to set up the keys in the gui.  Once you have this done, then you will just need to set up a proposal in the CLI to increase the required weight to 90 and have 3 of 4 approve that transaction.

I just thought of a question.  Are proposed transactions how recurring payments will work?  Just create a bunch of proposals with future dates, and approve them.  They will auto transfer when the date comes. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
then how about to keep the threshold as 1 but set the weight of the owners to such as 0.4,0.2 etc, also need proposals and approvals?
In order to change an account you need to have enough authority to do so ..
if the threshold currently is 1 and your account has weight 1 .. then you are good to go .. if your account has a weight that is smaller than the threshold .. then you need other authorities to approve what you are trying to do .. and that requires a proposal

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
If you have several OWNERs in a multisig scheme that has a threshold of more than 1, then you need to use proposals and approvals to change them again.

then how about to keep the threshold as 1 but set the weight of the owners to such as 0.4,0.2 etc, also need proposals and approvals?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If you have several OWNERs in a multisig scheme that has a threshold of more than 1, then you need to use proposals and approvals to change them again.

That is currently only possible via cli_wallet and ONLY if you cherry-pick a proper patch from graphene, otherwise you won't have the required call "propose_builder_transaction2" available.
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/tutorials/propose-transaction.html

I would not recommend to change owners right now unless you REALLY know what you are doing.
@jcalfee is working on proposed transactions for the GUI, but it may take some more time to have it fully integrated and available in the GUI!

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
now I succeeded to add 2 accounts baozi and harvey-xts, but when I try to add account "gulu", below  error always appeared:

any thoughts? @svk
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:53:18 am by bitcrab »

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
There was a bug in that page that I've fixed but don't think it's live yet.

thanks svk, then will it be live in the next version light wallet?

Offline svk

There was a bug in that page that I've fixed but don't think it's live yet.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I tried a lot to modify permissions, but the progress is always stuck while adding account+weight item in the GUI.

also seems there's no command line to do this?

anyone has succeeded on doing this?

please help.