Author Topic: Sharebot Use Case: Faction Tokens  (Read 2007 times)

Offline fuzzy

Above are 5 innovations JUST IN THE PAST 3 weeks....that have come from a sharebot that is STILL in Open Beta phase.  Will all of them work?  probably not.  But one thing is for certain:  if this "stupid" bot hadn't been built our community wouldn't have even thought about these ideas..

So let me ask everyone exactly what the point to all this complaining really is?

Some people probably believe punishment is a good form of reinforcement. Too much punishment only seems to make the person on the receiving end spiteful and in my opinion there is no evidence that it improves productivity or creativity.

spiteful might be the beginnings of what is growing in my heart right now...and i am fighting it as hard as i can.  I didn't want to bring it up but there are other communities I have been notified of who would likely be very interested in this bot.  as always, my idealist brain thought that giving the bitshares community the opportunity to get a large stake in the project early on was a worth fighting for.   

I really have respect for bm and his team for enduring the constant onslaught of people who will never be happy...and can't see that success is an iterative process.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Above are 5 innovations JUST IN THE PAST 3 weeks....that have come from a sharebot that is STILL in Open Beta phase.  Will all of them work?  probably not.  But one thing is for certain:  if this "stupid" bot hadn't been built our community wouldn't have even thought about these ideas..

So let me ask everyone exactly what the point to all this complaining really is?

Some people probably believe punishment is a good form of reinforcement. Too much punishment only seems to make the person on the receiving end spiteful and in my opinion there is no evidence that it improves productivity or creativity.

Punishment on people who mean well can be seen as a "psychic tax". As we know with fees and other kinds of taxes, most people don't like them.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

you guys

Seriously?? You're going there? I cannot begin to tell you how offensive that is, but I will anyway.

That's pretty offensive tony, even more offensive than if you'd punched me in the face or thrown up on my bar floor or shown me a picture of you punching in my face while throwing up on my bar floor!

Pretty low dude. The lowest of lows. 

Bah, check out this guy calling us "you guys". Check your [insert proper privilege] privilege!

Offline fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

Yet one more use case out of a nearly inexhaustible supply of them for the ShareBot is that of Faction Tokens. 

An individual or group of individuals could create a common token that represents something they believe in.  We could have Libertarians, Republicans, Democrats for instance, and could pass them out to individuals who identify as a member of that faction by completing political tasks for their chosen faction. 

The ShareBot would allow a transparent means of showing the active distribution of these tokens and those who participate in certain faction initiatives could very easily post all distribution openly in the initiative's primary thread along with the individuals to receive them.  This would provide yet another layer of transparency in each initiative as well as provide a real level of trust for those who are in the faction that they are not being underpaid compared to others. 

This is such an amazing use case that I was not going to open up until later...but seeing as the bot and its creators seemingly get attacked every week, I figured I'd show people who are not quite there yet in the vision just a taste of what is possible with this tool.
  +5% +5% +5%

Sadly lucky, you are one of the few vocal people here who actually understands what this tool can do.  However, I would love to give a list of "inventions" that have been created just since this launched in Open Beta:

"Emotokens"  <----created by our affiliate advertising expert @rgcrypto
"Hangout Guestbook" that can extend to any platform and even to competing "hangouts" <------by myself and @hybridd
"Reward Bounty Pooling" that can be used to enable everyone to donate something that mutually benefits donators <------by @fuzzy (aka me)
"Faction Tokens" that help community members identify with various philosophical alliances  <------by @fuzzy
"Sharedropping tool" that helps people easily sharedrop tokens on other tokens' holders  <-------thanks to @roadscape 

It is people like @phillyguy who has nothing valuable to say but "this is stupid" who shit on the entire bitshares project.  I honestly don't care if you like the bot man.  But what I will say is I grow tired of people who think they add value by openly being closed-minded and pompous.  What amazing ideas have you had lately brotherman?  What are you focused on bringing? 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:46:58 pm by fuzzy »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I think in order to prove your appoint, you guys should start a thread...or 7.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

I'd create the "FAV" token, but it cost too much and the bread line is very long this month so I haven't had much time to do work, mainly because of all of the infidels distracting me with meme's, UIA's and giant signatures promoting their infidel blogs. :-\

Please dont attack fav all over the place man as we are not entirely sure where all this is coming from. 

Tuck Fheman

I'd create the "FAV" token, but it cost too much and the bread line is very long this month so I haven't had much time to do work, mainly because of all of the infidels distracting me with meme's, UIA's and giant signatures promoting their infidel blogs. :-\

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Yet one more use case out of a nearly inexhaustible supply of them for the ShareBot is that of Faction Tokens. 

An individual or group of individuals could create a common token that represents something they believe in.  We could have Libertarians, Republicans, Democrats for instance, and could pass them out to individuals who identify as a member of that faction by completing political tasks for their chosen faction. 

The ShareBot would allow a transparent means of showing the active distribution of these tokens and those who participate in certain faction initiatives could very easily post all distribution openly in the initiative's primary thread along with the individuals to receive them.  This would provide yet another layer of transparency in each initiative as well as provide a real level of trust for those who are in the faction that they are not being underpaid compared to others. 

This is such an amazing use case that I was not going to open up until later...but seeing as the bot and its creators seemingly get attacked every week, I figured I'd show people who are not quite there yet in the vision just a taste of what is possible with this tool.
  +5% +5% +5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Oh yeh...and remember everyone, my chief interests have almost always been gaming and community building.  So you are not exactly talking to someone who knows nothing about this stuff.  So don't be surprised if more stuff comes out in the future to show you just how powerful this tool is and why I am likely going to end up paying nearly 4k out of the 9k needed to make sure this happens.  The constant stream of attacks has only made people concerned (completely needlessly btw) and taken them away from a wonderful opportunity to be holders early on. 

The sad thing is that I really fought to make sure the community could buy in because initially it was talked about just letting the "founders" own it and not give you guys/gals a stake.  That was a very real option (which would have made it far easier, btw)and I told everyone the only condition that was important to me was letting the community have an opportunity to buy in and have a chance to be part of it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:28:43 pm by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy