Author Topic: Why is that hard to import BTS keys in MUSE wallet?  (Read 7153 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@jcalfee1
 Is the bloom-filter installed in MUSE as well so that the amount of private keys to check can be reduced? If not, what needs to be done to have it integrated aswell?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Cant seem to claim balances or create a backup. It just does nothing. I'm using the most recent release. It seems to freeze. I want to buy some but I want to be safe first, can't do that without a backup.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:14:10 am by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I created an account first then imported keys. It was "Loading balance claims..." for a few minutes. I have 86k keys. Now the page shows

"Wallet Management Console"

with a loading animation. This took me a few minutes too.

Edit: Now I'm checking "Lookup Balances" menu and waiting. "Loading balance claims..."
It's taking more time than the previous steps..
Half an hour already and still "Loading balance claims..."

Just reporting in. I'll edit if I successfully import the keys so other people know the procedure. I didn't check the "Lookup Balances" option yet.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:26:28 am by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline testz

Still cannot import BTS key into MUSE wallet. The key import tool button does NOTHING. Please help
Did you go to lookup balance?

Where?

In the settings.

Offline bitcoin777

• View Profile
Still cannot import BTS key into MUSE wallet. The key import tool button does NOTHING. Please help

Where?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline bitcoin777

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
With new wallet today I finally managed to claim my MUSE. Thank you and sorry for trolling. I was mad and desperate.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Awesome!

I had a similar experience playing around with MUSE today.
Imported an 0.9.3c file but couldn't claim anything.
Fixed itself when I closed and reopened the wallet.
Skilled Jedi move, no?
Do or do not, there is no try.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Riverhead

With new wallet today I finally managed to claim my MUSE. Thank you and sorry for trolling. I was mad and desperate.

Awesome!

Offline testz

+5% :)

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

The MUSE client is a few updates behind the client version of Graphene that BTS is using. There have been a number of bug fixes and enhancements that address the importing of keys and claiming of balances. Once the MUSE client updates things should be better.

As ripplexiaoshan said nothing is lost so long as you keep your keys safe. The project is still very much in its infancy so it's not surprising that there are still a few teething issues.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 11:00:32 am by Riverhead »

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Don't worry, you won't lose your balance, as long as your key is safe.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Funkylump

• View Profile
Yeah, I agree. I'm beginning to feel desperate and frustrated too. I've been very patient waiting for a simplified way for a non-tech, average person to be able claim their NOTES tokens but now, after over a year, I'm still helpless. This is definitely not acceptable.

I invested money in this project at the beginning, knowing it's risky and knowing there would likely be delays and complications. That is to be expected. But of all the crypto projects I've invested in over the last 2+ years (around 40) this one is the slowest to give me control of what I supposedly purchased.

In effect, I still own nothing but a key to a lock that I'm not being given access to.

Please sort this out.