Author Topic: My PTS donation address changed just for one Payment and then back again. Why??  (Read 4239 times)

Offline Cryptocoinrank.com

• | I ♡ PTS |
    • View Profile
    • Cryptocoin Market Capitalizations, Statistics, Total Value Calculator, Live News Ticker
Thank you donschoe for the explanation.

Regarding "Address C is a change address belonging to your wallet" , is there any way I can see these "change addresses" in my PTS wallet?
I also just updated the wallet with the new files you have provided. So this is not going to happen anymore from now on?
Thank you!

This happened to my bitcoins aswell, was really confusing at first.
In the client consol type "listaddressgroupings" and you will see all adresses and which adress currently have the balance on it.

You're my Hero for today, thanks!
Wow I have a lot of addresses...
①②③| CRYPTOCOINRANK.COM | Cryptocurrency MCAP Rankings, Statistics, Portfolio Value Calculator, Live News | CRYPTOCOINRANK.COM |③②①
⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧

Offline ReWeR

• View Profile

Regarding "Address C is a change address belonging to your wallet" , is there any way I can see these "change addresses" in my PTS wallet?
I also just updated the wallet with the new files you have provided. So this is not going to happen anymore from now on?
Thank you!

This happened to my bitcoins aswell, was really confusing at first.
In the client consol type "listaddressgroupings" and you will see all adresses and which adress currently have the balance on it.

• | I ♡ PTS |
    • View Profile
    • Cryptocoin Market Capitalizations, Statistics, Total Value Calculator, Live News Ticker

Thank you!
①②③| CRYPTOCOINRANK.COM | Cryptocurrency MCAP Rankings, Statistics, Portfolio Value Calculator, Live News | CRYPTOCOINRANK.COM |③②①

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
Hello,
I'm donating a small amount of PTS each day into Angelshares. Yesterday 09/01/13 I made small contribution of 0.500604 PTS which I could not find on http://www1.agsexplorer.com/ by searching for my usual address. After starting to search for the amount, I finally found it but the address shown is not mine (maybe I'm missing something here)! After that I made another small donation of 0.2 PTS to see what happens...and my old address was back. Now I just made the donation for today...and it is a new address again (that I don't have in my wallet). I don't understand why this happens...hope someone can help me out.
Thanks

You have address P with lets say 100 PTS. You send 1 PTS to angelshares address A. This is how your transaction looks like:

Code: [Select]
P 100 ---> A   1
      |
      ---> C  99

Address C is a change address belonging to your wallet.

Seems like a good place to post this:

I've sent a few PTS from this address

PvweZvc4JAtDo6ikfow6viKjfmTaUzPQZo

Here one of the transaction details
To: PTS to AngelShares PaNGELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw
Debit: -0.50 PTS
Net amount: -0.50 PTS
Transaction ID: 14f63319efa71441a1d18e95a79b6b1a7007a5cdbd17c668054f172798236d50

And yet, I do not see my address in the list. How can I check into this? What can I do?

Here is your transaction & address. It must be a change address if you see it the first time.
Code: [Select]
"40775";"2014-01-09 11:04:16 UTC";"14f63319efa71441a1d18e95a79b6b1a7007a5cdbd17c668054f172798236d50";"PheqBdsb9fjSgezmSs7fpJjT5R5ECuFZig";"0.5"
This behaviour will be fixed in future PTS wallets, see https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1986.0
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:46:00 pm by donschoe »

• | I ♡ PTS |
    • View Profile
I agree. I feel confident that it'll pan out.

Interested to know the answer to your question. Why the address becomes different.
BTW, looking forward to seeing your site when its up.

:P ...the site will hopefully be online by monday, I have a team working on it (I'm not a programmer myself). You will probably be my first visitor then  :D

Offline cogitativecurve

• 2045.com
    • View Profile
I agree. I feel confident that it'll pan out.

Interested to know the answer to your question. Why the address becomes different.
BTW, looking forward to seeing your site when its up.
Dough-zhe Coins = DPHJXvQcLHCfnPg6Q5fYJpGJFQxsDLfBKd

• | I ♡ PTS |
    • View Profile
It certainly looks that way. Thank you.
I'd like to know the answer to OP's question now, since = same boat.

and my clock was messed up. how embarrassing.
I had it adjusted to UTC, since, with the things I do, that time is more important than the actual time where I am. and also the day is wrong. *facepalm

I wonder if that is going to have any disaterous effects on what I've donated. Hope not!

Oh I think we should relax...you have the confirmation of payment in your wallet and as you've seen from the Angelshare donation page, yours was the only 0.5 PTS donation at that time. Maybe (just until we get an answer to this) you could donate something like 0.500123 next time, to make it more unique in case inflow of donation increases and blockchain will be harder to read.

Offline cogitativecurve

• 2045.com
    • View Profile
It certainly looks that way. Thank you.
I'd like to know the answer to OP's question now, since = same boat.

and my clock was messed up. how embarrassing.
I had it adjusted to UTC, since, with the things I do, that time is more important than the actual time where I am. and also the day is wrong. *facepalm

I wonder if that is going to have any disaterous effects on what I've donated. Hope not!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:49:06 am by aleph »

• | I ♡ PTS |
    • View Profile

Date: 1/10/2014 05:46
Transaction ID: 14f63319efa71441a1d18e95a79b6b1a7007a5cdbd17c668054f172798236d50

And yet, I do not see my address in the list. How can I check into this? What can I do?

Could it be this one? http://www1.agsexplorer.com/balances/PbYeSpuiS7wqBz7sVhEeN5nLzQBHTUp5RE

• | I ♡ PTS |
    • View Profile
Look at the day you have sent them and then search the blockchain for the amount. You will see that the PTS are there but you have a new address. At least this is what I could figure out for now.

Offline cogitativecurve

• 2045.com
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:43:16 am by aleph »

• | I ♡ PTS |
    • View Profile
Hello,
I'm donating a small amount of PTS each day into Angelshares. Yesterday 09/01/13 I made small contribution of 0.500604 PTS which I could not find on http://www1.agsexplorer.com/ by searching for my usual address. After starting to search for the amount, I finally found it but the address shown is not mine (maybe I'm missing something here)! After that I made another small donation of 0.2 PTS to see what happens...and my old address was back. Now I just made the donation for today...and it is a new address again (that I don't have in my wallet). I don't understand why this happens...hope someone can help me out.
Thanks