Author Topic: Do you think what is kill feature on BTS platform  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
In terms of easiest way for BTS to increase market value, profit & adoption right now...

1. Crypto-currency               (Remove dilution & commit to being sound money - highly unlikely.)
2. Gambling                          (Blockchain based Dice)
3. Liquid Smartcoins           (Liquidity incentives & lower fees)
4. DEX features                    (Bond Market)
5. Sports Betting                 (Prediction Market)
6. Blue Chip Stocks            (Derivatives of world's most popular stocks.)
7. STEALTH                          (More valuable when you have a popular product any of 1-5 above to apply STEALTH too.)
8. Referral Programme      (Need sellable product for referral programme to work.)
9. UIA's                                 (Counterparty and NXT currently dominate UIA's and demonstrate they don't add significantly to market value)

1. Crypto-Currency

POW crypto-currencies are up 25-30% avg. in 2015, in spite of high wasteful inflation and limited blockchain development and marketing. With the Bitcoin halving in 2016, even less money flowing into POW will be wasted and all major POW currencies will benefit.

In the real world Gold and to a lesser degree Silver are the undisputed leaders in sound money and even at the peak of global fiat and central banking power, including being highly suppressed via derivatives, they still are worth $6 trillion +

A unique opportunity unparalleled in history to become the online global leader in sound money awaits. Scarily thanks to FBA's and referral programme, it's likely the leading crypto-currency may dominate many additional markets in 5 years. Success here requires a passion, understanding and commitment to sound money and how to apply it successfully to a decentralised blockchain, the blockchain will also require additional unique features to gain traction against the existing market leaders. I still don't think some grasp (even when seeing BTS price performance after immense blockchain work) that 5 years from now the most profitable/deflationary DACs may still be worth an insignificant fraction of the two leading break even/loss making crypto versions of sound money.

2. Gambling

Highly profitable, fully coded solutions that don't require bringing buyers and sellers together in large quantities or large maintenance and development costs. Also serious and sustained problems with centralized options, many of which have been immensely profitable even when BTC was in its infancy.

3. Liquid Smartcoins

The market leader in stable, liquid, private BitCurrency and BitGold will dominate black market trade in the next 5 years particularly in countries with depreciating currencies and capital controls. Potentially bigger than any volatile digital currency. Will take quite a lot of factors (Liquidity, offramps, utility etc.) to gain traction  here, which is why I put gambling ahead of it, in terms of what could generate income, profit and increase market value right now. 

4. DEX features                   

I think Augur Sports betting will be immensely successful but it requires a lot of work and exclusive focus so I'm unsure BTS would benefit from diverting focus from DEX features to deliver competitive sports betting.

5.  Sports Betting via prediction markets

Large market of consenting adults excluded from recreational sports wagering and/or paying extortionate rates. The blockchains ability to penetrate global markets at a fraction of the cost make this a sure fire winner. Creating and running a fully fledged competitive decentralized prediction market will be extremely challenging and require exclusive focus from a talented group.

6. Blue Chip Stock derivatives

Once you figure out a way to incentivize some initial liquidity, I think there is also a market for the top 5-10 traded stocks and indexes.

7. STEALTH

BTS will sell more product with STEALTH and BTS shares will increase in value as a result, but first you need the product to sell. So I would ideally hit on at least one popular & income/profit producing product above before developing STEALTH. (DASH has a product, their crypto-currency, which is why privacy adds to their market value, if they were a share without a product this would not be the case.)

8. Referral programme

At the moment we don't have anything people want to buy, including existing BTS users, so like STEALTH, the referral programme needs sellable product, any of 1-5 first, so that it can then be used to let the world know about it. (So it might even be worthwhile to lower fees to get exisiting users onto the DEX more as once even one or two key Smartcoins are more liquid they then become sellable at a higher price point.)

9. UIA's

UIA's are great and BTS is a fantastic platform for them but I can discern from NXT & Counterparty who currently dominate the UIA market (15 of top 20 UIA's) that this doesn't necessarily translate to increased market value as direct income from these is minimal.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:38:07 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

TravelsAsia

what the hell you forgot prediction markets.

Augur raises 5 million dollars and already has a market cap of 25 million.  This is one of our biggest opportunities.

Offline topcandle

what the hell you forgot prediction markets. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

B2B. Marketing to individuals IMHO is only going to bring in small trickles. Marketing to businesses to run on Bitshares will bring in a tsunami of transactions which is the core sustainable revenue stream for the platform. The businesses that run on and use Bitshares (like OpenLedger, Blocktades, Metaexchange, etc.) need to market their service to their customer base. Marketing Bitshares therefore should focus on business development rather than to the individual - which I think is exactly what's happening in Blacksburg.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 01:31:53 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Bond Market. Allows for more money to move, which increases volume and consequently number of users

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I think the ref program is one of the killer features. the more users we get, the better for our (future) products.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Referral program will bring in lots of users with little capital (not a big rise in market cap).

Privacy Mode will bring in fewer users with a lot more capital (big rise in market cap).

If you are right it will be a nice feather in your cap.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline onceuponatime

Referral program will bring in lots of users with little capital (not a big rise in market cap).

Privacy Mode will bring in fewer users with a lot more capital (big rise in market cap).

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
I think Referral programs  is a kill feather.
Some good ideas based on it .
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:01:14 am by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
1.Referral programs
I think Referral programs  is a good feature ,but it may not been a kill feature , it is a auxiliary to introduce bts to new people . just like a  playground,  referral programs can make people come in gate of playground, but only interesting games can make people stay in .
2.Private mode transfer
I think this is a important feature on BTS , a little people would like it ,
3.bond market
it have a potential to become kill feature ,
4.BTA
it is big innovate, but there is no motivation for people to promote it .
5.SMART COIN
I like this feather , it is similar with BTA, but have different parameter , it is possible to try different parameter to find the best  methods of stable currency .
and it is issuer by individual, so it have enough motivation for issuer to promote it
6.UIA
 it is also a import feather on BTS  ,I think, it can use on many site
7. Leverage exchange
This is a feature I expect ,
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:39:28 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091