Author Topic: Global Job Opportunity  (Read 2767 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
May I point out the period under the "earn what you want" is no good for many developers, such as those in the U.S.A., assuming you meant "up to  $1000 a day" not "$1 a day".

@jakub, he said "nice to have" not "requirements" or "essential Skills".

I do think it would be better to soften the list more, and be more explicit. Perhaps just had an "Important Skills" section and add React, javascript, CSS, HTML under that.

thx. good points.

@btswolf , I can see you've amended the text but still I think further modifications are needed:
(1) Those skills are not "nice to have", they are requirements. Without them a person is useless for us. At this stage we are not in a position to pay someone while s/he is learning new stuff. We need experienced coders who know what they are doing.
(2) We should split the skills into two alternative sets. It's very rare to have a C++ and JavaScript coder in one person. It's enough if a person is good at C++ or React.js.
(3) I'd remove  "big data", "machine learning" and XML. Those skills are not related to the job spec.

I would keep machine learning. Machine learning will be extremely valuable in this space in the near future, and I would keep big data also because again thinking the next year or so it could become extremely valuable. It might not be immediately obvious but sometimes you want to attract people who will have long term value or at least interests in these topics.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline btswolf

Alright, I've changed it a bit again and I will start to publish it before new year.
This is not  one man show, take your duty as a shareholder and do whatever you think will be the best to grow the community but do not wait!

jakub

May I point out the period under the "earn what you want" is no good for many developers, such as those in the U.S.A., assuming you meant "up to  $1000 a day" not "$1 a day".

I do think it would be better to soften the list more, and be more explicit. Perhaps just had an "Important Skills" section and add React, javascript, CSS, HTML under that.

thx. good points.

@btswolf , I can see you've amended the text but still I think further modifications are needed:
(1) Those skills are not "nice to have", they are requirements. Without them a person is useless for us. At this stage we are not in a position to pay someone while s/he is learning new stuff. We need experienced coders who know what they are doing.
(2) We should split the skills into two alternative sets. It's very rare to have a C++ and JavaScript coder in one person. It's enough if a person is good at C++ or React.js.
(3) I'd remove  "big data", "machine learning" and XML. Those skills are not related to the job spec.

Offline btswolf

thx. good points.

Offline btswolf

Jr. developers? Unlikely.
Also you need to translate that into multiple languages. Then you need to put it up on the freelance sites.
You are free to change it to your needs and put it up on whatever sites yourself. thx

Offline btswolf

Ok, lets call it a Global Job Opportunity

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Very good, but for legal reasons, I would not use the word "hiring". That is offering someone a job, which this is not; it's an opportunity.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Great start!  +5%

Will think on this a bit more before I offer any comments on improvements.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Jr. developers? Unlikely.
Also you need to translate that into multiple languages. Then you need to put it up on the freelance sites.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Thom

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:11:01 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

jakub

Nice to have:
Experience with Github, Node.js, RESTful APIs, ASP.Net, C#, JavaScript, Ajax, CSS, HTML, XML.
Experience with scalability issues, big data, and machine learning.
Test-driven development practices.

Valuable initiative.

But I think the required skills are quite far from those actually needed.
I'd say we need those:
- familiarity with the blockchain concept
- for the back-end: C++
- for the front-end: React.js and/or React Native
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:01:51 pm by jakub »

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline btswolf

I like to start a global job opportunity for BitShares.
Since we have a solid foundation we need to focus on faster development to become the center of the future global Fintech industry.
We have so many things to do and there are so many Software Developers looking for opportunities.

Please help me to create an awesome job offer to attract new Devs and spread the word.
When ready please post it continuously on local job offer websites, social media and university's all over the world.
Feel free to edit it, to add nice graphics or to translate it.
Just Do it!

Draft:
Title:
Decentralized Startup is looking for Freelance Software Engineers

Headline:
Build what you want. Work as you want. Earn what you want.

Rapidly growing decentralized Startup organization is looking for Freelance Software Engineers and Entrepreneurs.
Create your own application or be part of the many ongoing projects.
Your workstyle is flexible as you can imagine because you are free to choose your work time, location and style at will.
Truly revolutionary is your salary because your work and pay is directly subject to the organization shareholders approval.

Responsibilities:
Passion to revolutionize the global Fintech industry.
Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
Interest/ability to work with a fast-paced global community.

Must have:
Experience with Blockchain concepts, Github, React, HTML, C++ or JavaScript.
Test-driven development practices.

Job type:
Freelancer
Social Contract
Project Based

Language:
English

Salary:
Earn what you want
(up to $1000 per day)

https://bitsharestalk.org/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:26:38 pm by btswolf »