Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 60248 times)

chryspano

We also need to get those block sizes down so the wallet will speed up. Right now it's slow as shit and bugs the hell out of me.

wait, how, no...
It is the 100,000 tps network  working at 0.0001tps

0,36 transactions per hour??

no... this is just fud

Yes, I fully agree!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline pam2

• View Profile

Great job to kencode and his team. I'm new in the forum and I've been following the development of Bitshares Wallet & POS. This will bring Bitshares to another level.  I'm from Montreal (Canada) and I'm planning to start a Bitshares meetup group here in 2 weeks.  I found  that some stores, small businesses and not for profit organization have Odoo and at times request volunteers at universities to help customize or develop some features using python.  I'will be getting in contact with those organization and share the idea of Smartcoins/Crypto payment and get them discover BitShares POS .
 This is very exciting! Bitshares platform brings solutions to small businesses.   As ByteMaster use to say, it's not about trading, it's about solving real issues small businesses and in people face daily.  This is were Bitshares protocol wins.  I've gone through it for a while and get to know how businesses can quickly build on it (small business, start-up, NGO, cooperatives etc.). Bitshares blockchain with UIA and Reward base system are well align with cooperative laws here in Quebec. More than 60% of Canadian Co-op companies are base in Quebec province and I'm looking forward to develop strong relationships that would bring some in Bitshares BlockChain.
Great work guys!

Hi [member=41636]pam2[/member] and welcome to BitShares! :)

BitShares Montreal sounds awesome!!! Here are a couple others that are now forming:
http://bitshares.meetup.com - These may give you an idea of how to set yours up. I have a graphics guy that could make your header graphic for the page too if you like, no charge, just let me know.

Thanx for the compliment on the mobile wallet. It is a start, but I have a lot on the roadmap for it over the coming weeks.

As for the Smartcoins POS for Odoo, that is another one of our projects (it is still being funded via the OPENPOS token that you will see in the dex). Odoo is a great Point Of Sale system and we are working on milestone 3 of 5 right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOYG408ohg&index=6&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0

If you ever have questions about any BitShares products, you can also skype or telegram me at:
kenCode_de

Thanx so much pam2 and again, Welcome!

Thks Kencode, will keep u inform on how things are moving. Will also get some OPENPOS to support the project.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Great job to kencode and his team. I'm new in the forum and I've been following the development of Bitshares Wallet & POS. This will bring Bitshares to another level.  I'm from Montreal (Canada) and I'm planning to start a Bitshares meetup group here in 2 weeks.  I found  that some stores, small businesses and not for profit organization have Odoo and at times request volunteers at universities to help customize or develop some features using python.  I'will be getting in contact with those organization and share the idea of Smartcoins/Crypto payment and get them discover BitShares POS .
 This is very exciting! Bitshares platform brings solutions to small businesses.   As ByteMaster use to say, it's not about trading, it's about solving real issues small businesses and in people face daily.  This is were Bitshares protocol wins.  I've gone through it for a while and get to know how businesses can quickly build on it (small business, start-up, NGO, cooperatives etc.). Bitshares blockchain with UIA and Reward base system are well align with cooperative laws here in Quebec. More than 60% of Canadian Co-op companies are base in Quebec province and I'm looking forward to develop strong relationships that would bring some in Bitshares BlockChain.
Great work guys!

Hi [member=41636]pam2[/member] and welcome to BitShares! :)

BitShares Montreal sounds awesome!!! Here are a couple others that are now forming:
http://bitshares.meetup.com - These may give you an idea of how to set yours up. I have a graphics guy that could make your header graphic for the page too if you like, no charge, just let me know.

Thanx for the compliment on the mobile wallet. It is a start, but I have a lot on the roadmap for it over the coming weeks.

As for the Smartcoins POS for Odoo, that is another one of our projects (it is still being funded via the OPENPOS token that you will see in the dex). Odoo is a great Point Of Sale system and we are working on milestone 3 of 5 right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOYG408ohg&index=6&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0

If you ever have questions about any BitShares products, you can also skype or telegram me at:
kenCode_de

Thanx so much pam2 and again, Welcome!

Thks Kencode, will keep u inform on how things are moving. Will also get some OPENPOS to support the project.

Thanx so much pam2 much appreciated :)
You'll see the OPENPOS token in the wallet trade screens (the "dex") in 4 different markets:
OPENPOS : USD
OPENPOS : BTS
OPENPOS : CNY
OPENPOS : BTC
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The BitShares Wallet is now live in these App Stores: Google Play, Apple App Store, and Windows Phone Store are in progress, they just need to approve the app before they will publish it for download from there, but at least we are now on F-Droid and Aptoide so far..
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The BitShares Wallet is now live in these App Stores: Google Play, Apple App Store, and Windows Phone Store are in progress, they just need to approve the app before they will publish it for download from there, but at least we are now on F-Droid and Aptoide so far..

when I go to https://bitsharesmunich.store.aptoide.com/account/login
I get this annoying message:

please fix ASAP!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
That website is not ours, it belongs to aptoide.com and we have no way to fix it.
Their android app is sure nice though.

On a positive note, I hope to also get our apps published in a few of these other stores in the coming weeks too:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/android-app-stores/

edit: added digitaltrends link
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:40:11 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Hi guys,

I installed the mobile wallet on my phone this morning and wanted to give some feedback.

* When I launched it for the first time after installing I got an error message about some file not being found. Didn't write down what it was. Subsequent launches worked.
* It's sloooow. Network connection is my home WLAN, so that shouldn't be a problem. Right after starting it syncs quickly, but then the block count falls behind.
* Why can't I use a longer PIN?
* On the main page beside / below my account name there's a QR code and something that looks suspiciously like a private key. Is that my actual wallet private key? Meaning anyone who can see me using the app can potentially copy it?
* Small mistranslation in the German version: in the tx list from/to should be translated as Von/An, not Von/Bis.

That's about it for my first impression. Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thanx pc, I will try to cram most of that into v1.1 in a few weeks after we get the Odoo POS  stuff finished up.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline karnal

• View Profile
The BitShares Wallet is now live in these App Stores:

If you were a woman I'd KISS you!

:D

Well done ken, well done!!

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Ok, spoke too soon :P

I installed from f-droid, it doesn't go past the splash screen, been there for 5 minutes, no network activity that I could detect. It's just.. there.

Thoughts?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
F-Droid builds directly from the github repo, not sure what they are doing wrong. All the files are in the repo too.
I have contacted them, hopefully they will resolve it asap. Just use the apk for now.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ok, we figured out the problem with the F-Droid and Aptoide app stores. Only part of the repo was accessible so the plugins, app.js and a few other tidbits were missing, so the apk that they were distributing was only half of what should have been there. Anyway, we just got the github repo updated with everything a couple hours ago, and we are now re-publishing to those 2 app stores and a few others this week..... :)
https://github.com/kenCode-de/bitshares-wallet

edit: https://github.com/kenCode-de/bitshares-wallet/releases
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:43:42 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The BitShares Wallet v1.0.1 for Android (~28MB) has now been submitted successfully to:
The BitShares Wallet v1.0.1 for iPhone:
We are currently finishing the Apple build and already managed to build the app and run it on iPhone simulator. When we get completed (with incessant issues which is inevitable when dealing with Apple) then we are going to deploy it to the AppStore for so-called test-flight by this friday the 4th. Once it is tested internally, it's then submitted for final approval.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:01:10 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I'll install 1.0.1 from fdroid asap ken, and let you know if it progresses past the splash now.